Where is Rhea?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm far from angry, I just say what I feel, and I could care less who it pisses off. Most people don't like people doing that. Perfect example Donald Trump. People just don't like the truth, it usually hurts their beliefs or agendas. And what the Donald said was 99% accurate.

Bingo!

Brian is over here defending a transgender pool player that you correctly barred from a tournament, and he's saying you're the angry one... L...O...L...! :thumbup:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I'm far from angry, I just say what I feel, and I could care less who it pisses off. Most people don't like people doing that. Perfect example Donald Trump. People just don't like the truth, it usually hurts their beliefs or agendas. And what the Donald said was 99% accurate.

I will say this, Brett, if Rhea actually did threaten to have a big tourney of yours shut down for not letting her play in the womens division, I expect I'd be mad, too.

That's a tough subject that I haven't given much thought to but my initial thought is if you're still equipped like a man, that's the division you should play in.

Kind of like which rest room you use.

Or is it? :confused:

best,
brian kc

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
No need to google I am right here, I just haven't had anything to say lately. This site has quite a few people who dislike me no matter what I do.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Bingo!

Brian is over here defending a transgender pool player that you correctly barred from a tournament, and he's saying you're the angry one... L...O...L...! :thumbup:

On the tourney topic, I actually agree.

On the generally angry, homophobic topic, I stand pat, or Pat.

Are you a homophobe, Dave?

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
The Rhea drama.

Seriously, ffs.......

Attachments

• a thing.jpg
    a thing.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 485

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you a homophobe, Dave?

Surprisingly, no. I have three guy friends that are homosexual and it doesn't bother me one bit. I just had a conversation about backpacking with a gay couple, last week, at the opening of NOLA Brewing's new taproom.

Ya wanna know what does bother me? Someone in the LGBT community, using their sexual preference as a way to gain power. We define people as man, woman, or transgender. I have no problem with anyone of them, but I do have a problem if a woman says it's sexist that she can't play in the NFL or if a man says it's sexist he can't be in a Miss America pageant. Rhea identified herself as a man, at one point in time, so she shouldn't be allowed to use her new sexual preference as an excuse to play in a Women's only event.

Last edited:

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Surprisingly, no. I have three guy friends that are homosexual and it doesn't bother me one bit. I just had a conversation about backpacking with a gay couple, last week, at the opening of NOLA Brewing's new taproom.

Ya wanna know what does bother me? Someone in the LGBT community, using their sexual preference as to gain power. We define people as man, woman, or transgender. I have no problem with anyone of them, but I do have a problem if a woman says it's sexist that she can't play in the NFL or if a man says it's sexist he can't be in a Miss America pageant. Rhea identified herself as a man, at one point in time, so she shouldn't be allowed to use her new sexual preference as an excuse to play in a Women's only event.

I never identified as a man, and sexual preference is not the same as gender identity.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never identified as a man, and sexual preference is not the same as gender identity.

Oh boo frickedy hoo, I used the wrong terminology. Someone barred you from an event on private property and you got upset.

You can stand on the sidewalk with a sign, protesting, but there is no law saying they HAVE to let you play.

We have already banned multiple men and women from our tournaments for all sorts of reasons, and they can't do a damn thing about it.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Dave, even if what you say is true, pretty much all athletic associations allow transgender athletes to compete after two years following gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy. If these criteria have been met, I'm not seeing the problem with her playing in a women's event.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Dave, even if what you say is true, pretty much all athletic associations allow transgender athletes to compete after two years following gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy. If these criteria have been met, I'm not seeing the problem with her playing in a women's event.

The criteria has been met, and I have proof too, I'm just not in the financial position right now to go chasing down tournaments. I am not playing anywhere near the speed I used to play when I was on the road playing. I am an APA 4 & 5 right now. I need to work on my game.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Joe's event isn't an athletic association.

The problem is, Joe said no, and she said yes. She used her "Gender Identity" as a way to force Joe into letting her play. He stood his ground, she got upset. End of story.

9ball101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay

Who really cares. Let the woman be. I'm not a supporter of the lgbt community. I am a supporter of a free nation and treating people with respect. So stop bashing everyone.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Joe's event isn't an athletic association.

The problem is, Joe said no, and she said yes. She used her "Gender Identity" as a way to force Joe into letting her play. He stood his ground, she got upset. End of story.

but pool is a sport, yes? with a governing body? that makes rules?

I would be curious what, if any, stance the BCA or WPA have on this issue.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is doing the complaining about "her" playing in the women's field of a tournament, the men or the women?

Are the women complaining because "she" can beat "women" or are the men complaining because they can't beat the "men" and want in on the "womens" action?

I say pool is pool Everybody plays everybody...if the women can't beat the men, then they should take up knitting or something. If the men can't beat the men or the women, then they should take up something else or quit complaining about it.

I say everybody plays even and if you can't win, stay home.

Aloha.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
but pool is a sport, yes? with a governing body? that makes rules?

I would be curious what, if any, stance the BCA or WPA have on this issue.

Women’s Professional Billiard Association (WPBA)

Gender Policy

The purpose of this policy is to designate a set of criteria that applies to the WPBA, competition

in WPBA Tour Events and WPBA Regional Tours in WPBA sanctioned billiard events so that

athletes are able to compete on a level playing field in a safe, competitive, and friendly

environment, free of discrimination. Fundamental fairness requires the WPBA to provide

intersex and transgender athletes with equal opportunities to participate in athletics while still

maintaining integrity as a women’s sport. This policy creates a framework in which this

participation may occur in a safe and healthy manner that is fair to all competitors. This policy

does not consider whether an athlete has undergone sex reassignment surgery, as such surgery is

not considered medically necessary or linked to competitive equity.

For the purposes of this policy, the following definitions apply:

Gender Identity: One’s inner concept of self as male or female or neither.

Transgender Person: An individual whose gender identity does not match the sex

assigned to him or her at birth. A Male-to-Female Transgender

Person was assigned the sex of male at birth but has a female

Gender Identity.

Intersex Person: “Intersex” is a general term used to indicate an individual born

with a reproductive or sexual anatomy and/or chromosome pattern

that doesn’t seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male.

Female: Living as a woman and having sex hormones that are within the

medically acceptable range for a female.

Health Care Provider: A licensed practitioner who provides healthcare to patients

independently or pursuant to the prescription of a healthcare

provider as recognized by his/her state regulatory agency. This

terms shall include (a) doctors of medicine or osteopathy

authorized to practice medicine or surgery under a respective

state’s law within the United States, and (b) Nurse practitioners,

nurse-midwives, and physician’s assistants authorized to practice

under a respective state’s law within the United States and

performing within the scope of their practice as defined under the

respective state’s law.

III. POLICY AND PROCEDURE

This policy only applies to individuals who play in WPBA sanctioned billiard events, including

but not limited to, WPBA Tour Events, The WPBA US Open, The WPBA Masters, The WPBA

Tour Championships, The WPBA Regional Tour Championships and any WPBA Regional Tour

To participate in any WPBA Sanctioned event, an athlete must be Female, as defined herein.

Male athletes may not participate, nor can those born female or Intersex who identify as male.

Transgender or Intersex athletes who meet the definition of Female, as defined herein, are

eligible to compete provided that, upon request, the athlete can produce a signed original

statement, on office letterhead, from the athlete’s attending healthcare provider. The statement

a. Healthcare provider’s full name;

b. Healthcare provider’s license or certificate number;

c. Issuing jurisdiction of medical license/certificate;

d. Address and telephone number of the healthcare provider;

e. Language stating that he/she is the attending healthcare provider for the athlete

and that he/she has a doctor/patient relationship with the athlete; and

f. Language stating that the athlete’s sex hormones are within the medically

acceptable range for a female. It is solely within the healthcare provider’s

judgment to determine what range is “medically acceptable” for a female.

All Tournament directors, WPBA Regional Tour Directors, and anyone other person or entity

running a WPBA sanctioned event will attest that all athletes competing in said events meet all

eligibility requirements set by the WPBA, which includes eligibility as a Female competitor, as

defined in this policy, when submitting their player/participants rosters.

The WPBA will maintain such information and documentation submitted pursuant to this policy

in confidence, with only counsel, WPBA’s medical advisor(s), the Board of Directors, and, in the

case of an appeal under Section V, the Grievance Committee, having access to such information

Should a WPBA Regional Tour or other WPBA Sanctioned Event accuse another WPBA

Regional Tour or other WPBA Sanctioned Event of not properly determining eligibility of its

athletes for participation pursuant to this policy, the WPBA will review the matter pursuant to its

current Grievance Policy.