Where is the 626?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
626 is also the number accidentally quoted by Danny diliberto when referring to Mosconi’s high run...incidentally he was saying he didn’t believe “any of that 626 stuff” and that the ref for the exhibition in question told Danny D that hung balls were given to Mosconi to continue his run piece. This said while he was commentating either the 2017 make it happen 8 ball or the 2016 US open nein ball, I’ve been watching both on Vimeo

Guess I'm the only one who'd still like to see an unedited video first.

Lou Figueroa
"Trust but verify."
The Gipper

Oh no Lou..I still want to see it to be sure myself. I do feel he wouldn’t have let it all get this far if the video wasn’t clean, I know they watched it pretty quickly after the fact before he made that Facebook video. Then again..stranger things have happened

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Figueroa, we might be the only two, but I agree with you. I've had many a job where I was told, without verification, it didn't happen.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The prime factors of 626 are 2 and 313. Similarly, the prime factors of 526 are 2 and 263.

By contrast, Eufemia's 625 factors to 5*5*5*5 and Cranfield's 768 factors to 2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*3.

662 factors to 2*331 and it is a rearrangement of John's numbers both factored and unfactored. Expect it to be the next record.

Whats the square root of this apartment

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
626 is also the number accidentally quoted by Danny diliberto when referring to Mosconi’s high run...incidentally he was saying he didn’t believe “any of that 626 stuff” and that the ref for the exhibition in question told Danny D that hung balls were given to Mosconi to continue his run piece. This said while he was commentating either the 2017 make it happen 8 ball or the 2016 US open nein ball, I’ve been watching both on Vimeo

Oh no Lou..I still want to see it to be sure myself. I do feel he wouldn’t have let it all get this far if the video wasn’t clean, I know they watched it pretty quickly after the fact before he made that Facebook video. Then again..stranger things have happened

In a past life I spent many, many years doing PR and you would be surprised.

Sometimes -- with absolutely no intent to deceive -- things go spinning merrily down to road, get really big and take on a life of their own... and then you do a fact check and go, "Uhhh boy. Now what?" Then you either make the hard call and fess up or you try and run with it, typically with inevitably disastrous results.

I am not saying that in any way shape or form that is the case here, I'm just addressing your comment.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Figueroa, we might be the only two, but I agree with you. I've had many a job where I was told, without verification, it didn't happen.

Also from a past life, when we were planning a big event: no video -- it never happened.

Lou Figueroa

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I'm not particularly skeptical that it happened, but I think if someone's goal is to capitalize on it,
and make a few bucks, then they should have struck while the iron is hot.
Like within a day or 3 of the New York Times article.

The excitement for this has already reached its peak and died down.
If there's a window for selling videos of the run to people who might normally not buy a 14.1 video,
then that window has come and gone. It's been over a month.

Maybe that market doesn't exist. But still, how much do you need to dress it up?
Get the video to predator's media guy, slap a logo at the beginning if you must, export it, upload to youtube,
charge a few bucks or not, and bang... you're ready to go.

I hope we're not waiting weeks for them to pump out physical DVD's.
I think most of us are used to the routine of putting in a credit card to watch a video on the internet.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Get the video to predator's media guy, slap a logo at the beginning if you must, export it, upload to youtube,
charge a few bucks or not, and bang... you're ready to go. ...
I believe that YouTube is no longer supporting pay-per-view videos. The current best solution seems to be Vimeo.

I think the plan is to add commentary.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6+2+6=14
The number of balls racked for each break shot.
Does this mean something?
No it doesn't
I dont even know why I posted this.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Doveryai no proveryai.

The Russians have a lot of great proverbs. One I always liked was, "Slow down we're in a hurry." Kinda a counterpart to "Measure twice, cut once."

Lou Figueroa
Or their version of "when pigs fly": “When a lobster whistles on the top of a mountain.”

pj <- yeah, I Googled it
chgo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have zero doubt it happened and they are lucky (or smart) to have stopped the free live stream. I am probably not the biggest 14.1 enthusiast but as someone born the year The Hustler came out it is something I like watching.

I suspect I am not the o ly one who has lost any motivation to buy a video. I think I posted here a few weeks ago that they had missed the chance to maximize sales and I've moved from "need to but it" to "would like to see it" to "that happened a while ago, I'll just watch the Masters I recorded back in April and haven't watched all of yet".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm not particularly skeptical that it happened, but I think if someone's goal is to capitalize on it,
and make a few bucks, then they should have struck while the iron is hot.
Like within a day or 3 of the New York Times article.

The excitement for this has already reached its peak and died down.
If there's a window for selling videos of the run to people who might normally not buy a 14.1 video,then that window has come and gone. It's been over a month.

Sad but true. Personally, I think the intent to produce a video of the run with commentary for sale should have come the same day as the run, even before the NY Times article, and its pending availability for sale could have been mentioned in the article. They should have been taking orders to purchase the video within hours of the run, with a small discount for those that ordered immediately and paid in advance. The chance for impulse sales among non-players and former players has come and gone.

I hope I'm wrong. No doubt, the video they produce will be of the highest quality and the commentary will be excellent, but the moment has almost passed, and a further delay, I fear, will ensure that only the die-hard fans of straight pool will purchase it. John deserves better for his remarkable achievement.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have zero doubt it happened and they are lucky (or smart) to have stopped the free live stream. I am probably not the biggest 14.1 enthusiast but as someone born the year The Hustler came out it is something I like watching.

I suspect I am not the o ly one who has lost any motivation to buy a video. I think I posted here a few weeks ago that they had missed the chance to maximize sales and I've moved from "need to but it" to "would like to see it" to "that happened a while ago, I'll just watch the Masters I recorded back in April and haven't watched all of yet".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh, absolutemente.

From a marketing standpoint they have totally booted the timing on this.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I suspect I am not the o ly one who has lost any motivation to buy a video.

Sad but true.
The chance for impulse sales among non-players and former players has come and gone.

From a marketing standpoint they have totally booted the timing on this.
I can't help but wonder... if Mosconi had produced a video with commentary wouldn't it still be selling? OK, Schmidt isn't the household word that Willie is (yet), but I suspect (hope) long term interest will more than make up for missing some of the impulse buyers.

pj
chgo

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I can't help but wonder... if Mosconi had produced a video with commentary wouldn't it still be selling? OK, Schmidt isn't the household word that Willie is (yet), but I suspect (hope) long term interest will more than make up for missing some of the impulse buyers.

pj
chgo

I'm guessing you're wrong here, Patrick.

For starters, when Willie made his historic run, he already had double digit World 14.1 titles and was a household name, already viewed as the greatest ever pool player. Secondly, Willie was Brunswick's Golden Boy, and Brunswick had a lot of motivation to, and did, publicize and celebrate his run because it sold more Brunswick pool equipment. Thirdly, Willie's run came during the straight pool era, when most pool players counted straight pool as their game of choice. Today, straight pool is a lesser, and largely obscure, discipline in pool.

That said, Patrick, I truly hope it turns out you're right.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
The 626 will be marketed, please don't be so surprised.

But, you're still chasing 768.

All the best,
WW

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member

Hang on, what??