Where's all the SVB haters...

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
True dat . But Shane on home turf was the chalk , has a Asian ever won a US Open I believe this by far was thier best showing as a whole one will win it soon , sad that Wu was not here being the Number 1 player in the world

Reyes, Pagulayan and Cheng are Asians.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barton move no ones putting 5 k on a relitivly unknown player against a 4 time US Open champion who on his home field , I'm sure he knew that

Didn't Chang and Ko win the last world cup of pool??
That guy can play and has been seen before. He also kicked Shane to the losers bracket in this very tournament.

If my memory serves me, Chang played great and had to help out big Ko in some of the world cup matches. He looked like the anchor of the duo.

I thought it was a bold move.

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Chang and Ko win the last world cup of pool??
That guy can play and has been seen before. He also kicked Shane to the losers bracket in this very tournament.

If my memory serves me, Chang played great and had to help out big Ko in some of the world cup matches. He looked like the anchor of the duo.

I thought it was a bold move.

Different Chang.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reyes, Pagulayan and Cheng are Asians.

Do you know that for sure

Spanish settlement in the Philippines first took place in the 16th century, during the Spanish colonial period of the islands. The conquistador Miguel López de Legazpi founded the first Spanish settlement in Cebu in 1565, and later established Manila as the capital of the Spanish East Indies in 1571. The Philippine Islands is named after King Philip II of Spain, and it became a territory of the Viceroyalty of New Spain which was governed from Mexico City until the 19th century, when Mexico obtained independence. From 1821, the Philippine Islands were ruled directly from Madrid, Spain.

Spaniards are referred by Filipinos as "Kastila" (Castilian) named after the former Kingdom of Castile, now a region of Spain. The majority of the Filipinos of Spanish descent are of Andalusian origin, while a minority are Catalan or Basque descents. Another term for them is "Hispano Filipinos".

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member

Spanish settlement in the Philippines first took place in the 16th century, during the Spanish colonial period of the islands. The conquistador Miguel López de Legazpi founded the first Spanish settlement in Cebu in 1565, and later established Manila as the capital of the Spanish East Indies in 1571. The Philippine Islands is named after King Philip II of Spain, and it became a territory of the Viceroyalty of New Spain which was governed from Mexico City until the 19th century, when Mexico obtained independence. From 1821, the Philippine Islands were ruled directly from Madrid, Spain.

Spaniards are referred by Filipinos as "Kastila" (Castilian) named after the former Kingdom of Castile, now a region of Spain. The majority of the Filipinos of Spanish descent are of Andalusian origin, while a minority are Catalan or Basque descents. Another term for them is "Hispano Filipinos".

So, does that mean Mexicans aren't North American?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

When the country is called Pearl Of the Orient, that would mean it's an Asian country.
The country is in South East Asia.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's your chance, you guys always say how the taiwans are superior.

You can have your guy and a price.
I got 5k to bet on the Finals.
Come to The Action Room.

Time to put up or shut up... Been waiting for this match

Win or lose I don't care. I want to see how many actually believe and will wager what they preach

you know they gambled in Shanghai after china open and Chang torched him so bad he quit...right?

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
True dat . But Shane on home turf was the chalk , has a Asian ever won a US Open I believe this by far was thier best showing as a whole one will win it soon , sad that Wu was not here being the Number 1 player in the world

I'm curious as to what criteria you lean to in saying Wu is "the #1 player in the world"? I keep seeing this thrown around on here but what is it based on, hmmmmmmm?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, does that mean Mexicans aren't North American?

Technically, we're all members of God's human family. :grin-square:

I often thought Native Americans were Spanish and Asian.

I sent my DNA to 23andMe a few years ago and found out I'm a real Heinz 57, with mostly Irish. Interestingly, I have 2 percent Neanderthal. :eek:

Keith, who we thought was mostly Irish, is actually mostly Scottish according to his DNA.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great to see Shane win Number 5. What a cool Open this year! Bravo to all who were a part of it! Well done! :cool:

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious as to what criteria you lean to in saying Wu is "the #1 player in the world"? I keep seeing this thrown around on here but what is it based on, hmmmmmmm?

These guys are 10 years too late. He did win a recent major title, but definitely not as god-like as people are making him out to be.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Based on the holy grail Fargo rate

That's going to have to be around a few more years before I buy into that. Here is why I asked:
1. Last year Ko Pin Yi wins the Worlds, Albin Ouschan wins the China Open. Everyone here says KP Yi is "the best in the world", until he came over here and had his azz handed to him tournament after tournament.
2. This year Ouschan wins the Worlds, Wu wins the China Open & suddenly Wu is "the best in the world".

Seems many here are overly impressed with Chinese/Taiwanese players without reason.