Who do u think WANT'S the U.S. Open more...........?

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
Who do think WANT'S the U.S. OPEN more?Who wants it more than anything to complete their pool career?
I truthfully think Efren wants it badly considering he has'nt won it since 1994 and the magician is getting up there in age.(don't get me wrong,I think he could compete at any age)Plus being the best that ever lived,he might be thinking he has nothing more to prove.
I also think that Busty wants it bad,being one the most feared players around to have never won the U.S. OPEN,look out,it might be his turn.
I also think after having a not so good year Thorsten might be licking his chops to gain some respect as being one of the true champions of the past few years.
Its going to be awesome,wish i could be there.
LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE...................
And of course my dark horse is EDWIN.
 
Last edited:
few good cases made so far, and i've got to add Earl. doubt there's a player who's got quite as much pride as him and he no doubt sees the us open as 'his' tournament. justifiably so having won it five times.

not to mention he seems to be rejuvinating himself what with his new cue and apparently back with his lovely lady.

Earl the Pearl is all i've gotta say!
 
Parica has soooooo many top 10 finishes at the Open. I really think it would be a nice accomplishment for him. After all, he did pave the way for the Phillipino players to come over here. JMO.

Southpaw
 
Southpaw said:
Parica has soooooo many top 10 finishes at the Open. I really think it would be a nice accomplishment for him. After all, he did pave the way for the Phillipino players to come over here. JMO.

Southpaw

Parica has told me how bad he wants it before he retires. It's the only title he cares about. 2005 was close!
 
Last edited:
I believe SVB will win it, perhaps this year, who knows? It might be a bit soon, he is hot right now and might get there.
 
JONNI FULCHER! And Jay Helfert. :)

Who the heck is Jonni Fulcher anyway? Can he really make two balls in a row? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
 
Last edited:
Southpaw said:
Parica has soooooo many top 10 finishes at the Open. I really think it would be a nice accomplishment for him. After all, he did pave the way for the Phillipino players to come over here. JMO.

Southpaw
Very good point.
 
unfortunately, in this game, who wants it more doesn't always reflect on who will win.

but to differentiate between the two, i agree with many of you to say that busta and earl, among other veteran players, are thirsty for this title, but given the recent history of the u.s. open, it seems that the young guns (or somewhat young) have been taking this title for i guess the reason that they don't have 'ghosts' haunting them or they can be more numb to this type of pressure. i don't expect this year to be different. i think shane, orcollo, luat, neils and thorsten are strong candidates to win and even schmidt has good chance of repeating. jmo
 
I have to add Corey to the list of players who probably WANT it really bad right now. That would be huge for him right now.
 
I can't imagine anyone who would want to win the Open more than Keith Mcready, unless it's Billy Incardona. These two, along with Wade Crane (AKA Billy Johnson) and Jose Parica, had periods when they were at the top of the 9ball ladder but never won the Open. Some of the previous Open winners, who shall remain nameless, used to get drilled by these guys, with weight, for the $. Sure would be nice to see a fellow geezer win one of these things, but I think the talent at this year's Open might prove to be the best ever with all the European and Asian gunslingers added to the mix. Anyway, Go Gators and Go Geezers!
 
jnav447 said:
I can't imagine anyone who would want to win the Open more than Keith Mcready, unless it's Billy Incardona. These two, along with Wade Crane (AKA Billy Johnson) and Jose Parica, had periods when they were at the top of the 9ball ladder but never won the Open. Some of the previous Open winners, who shall remain nameless, used to get drilled by these guys, with weight, for the $. Sure would be nice to see a fellow geezer win one of these things, but I think the talent at this year's Open might prove to be the best ever with all the European and Asian gunslingers added to the mix. Anyway, Go Gators and Go Geezers!

There's only one "old timer" playing really good right now, a certain Allen Hopkins. If any "geezer" is going to win it, it's this guy. You heard it here first, top ten finish for Hopkins! I will take 3-1 he makes the top ten (9-12th or better). Any takers?
 
jay helfert said:
There's only one "old timer" playing really good right now, a certain Allen Hopkins. If any "geezer" is going to win it, it's this guy. You heard it here first, top ten finish for Hopkins! I will take 3-1 he makes the top ten (9-12th or better). Any takers?


Jay,
I'll give you 3-1 he doesn't finish 8th or better.
 
I thought I would throw a name out there that continues to have wins and great finishes...not sure if he "wants" it as initially mentioned in the thread, but Louis Ulrich keeps turning heads......
 
Parica wants to win it more than anyone.

My pick to win it this year, SVB. Who I want to win it, Chip Kein or Louis Rim:)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top