Who was the best pool player you ever played in your pool career?

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kim Davenport - local 9 ball tournaments early 80's
Willie Mosconi - exhibition 9 ball
Jack Colavita - 14.1

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In my case:

Best Ever Male Opponents: Mika Immonen, George SanSouci, Larry Lisciotti
Best Ever Female Opponents: Jean Balukas, Allison Fisher

Of these, the one who played best against me was Larry Lisciotti, whom I first played in 1996. On that occasion, I won the coin toss and broke dry. By the time I returned to the table, I was down 5-0. Ouch!

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie Taylor,Jersey Red,Ronnie Allen,St Louie Louie Roberts,Mike Massey,and
Tracy Joe Salazar the cue salesman ,and Craig Stevens were the best I ever played

they all gave me the nuts and outran it

I never had much success playing guys like that, I did beat Billy Incardona with the nuts,but he came back the next time

fella named Vernon Elliot made a bunch of impossible bank shots that discouraged me

I beat UJ Puckett,only to discover he was lemoning off to me to catch a bigger fish

The best of them all might have been Eddie Kelly ,but we played golf and I saved my money that I would have lost

come to think of it Bushwhacker out ran the nuts in Rustys,but he was a step behind these monsters

Also Shannon Dalton beat me 8 to 6,but he was 12 years old

Last edited:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willie Mosconi-played him an exibition game-more like I racked for him.
Neptune Joe frady
Grady Matthews

18 years ago I tried to lure Joe Frady to play me in a place in Marlboro, NJ on Route 9 . I did not have luck. I was on a mission to rob him. I tired again in Elizabeth, NJ. No luck. Mission unaccomplished.

Last edited:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best player I ever played was a hooker in Jacksonville, North Carolina! She clobbered me.:cool:

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
A few...

I am not that old but I had the chance to shoot against some of the best:
Mika - lost 7-1 (I won the lag and pot the 9 from the break...nah nah nah nah...)
W Kiamco - lost 9-3 (He missed so many balls....)
M Dechaine - 9-2 (i was up 2-0...lol...Joss Tour this year)
M Davis - 9-0 (...don't remeber...lol)

Ghost - I am wining everytime cause' he's drinking too much...

Chris

Last edited:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Johnny Archer in a game of 8-ball, just a little over a week ago. I won!

Also was Nick Varner's partner for a Scotch Doubles game of 8-ball against Archer and another local.....the night prior to the above. Lost that one.

Lost 6-4 in a 9-ball set against Peter "Tito" Keanu back in the early 90's. That guy was so good it was ****ing spooky. I played the best pool of my life and I think he was toying with me. Best cueball control of anyone I've ever seen.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 to 12 yrs ago the World International Billiard trade show was in Kansas City . all the trades show people showed up but the buyers did not . It was cool , you could go to any booth and talk to anyone , they were willing to spend as much time with you as possible . I got to shoot some with Lori Jon Jones , Buddy Hall , Janet Lee , Bob Meucci , Loris husband and Jim Remki , Quite a day .

Vero

Well, I know one guy from Russia, he is a very good player, but hell knows what his name is^)

bigg7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren

I played Efren a few years ago and it was embarrassing. He was trying to give me games and I choked like momma Cass on a ham sandwich! You can even watch it if you youtube harold v efren.
I played Lo Li Wen in 2011 I broke missed 4 ball and he ran 5 on me dry broke I played safe he jumped it in and ran out for 7-0. Yukio Akakariyama ran 5 on me playing 10 ball on 4 inch pockets in a race to 7 he ran way more than half racks he broke(everybody got spotted the first break). IMHO by far the greatest play I've ever seen personally over a 12 hour stretch.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've literally played them all from Mosconi and Lassiter to Sigel, Earl and Buddy to Efren and Bustie. Wish I could say I won one match against that crew but alas it wouldn't be true. The best player I ever beat in a tournament match was Jimmy Fusco when he was the reigning Eastern States champion.

I've gambled and beaten a few others but they might not appreciate my saying so. With a spot of course. :wink:

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
The top players I've played:

At the Japan Open
Ko Pin Yi: lost 8-1
Antonio Lining: Lost 8-0:frown:

In gambling challenge matches
Thorsten Hohmann: Lost 7-3
Yukio Akagariyama: Won 5-2

Gambling Cheap
Santos Sambajon lost 3 sets to 1

All were playing even.

I think out of all of them Ko Pin Yi is the only one that left an impression of "I can't beat this guy"

Last edited:

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've literally played them all from Mosconi and Lassiter to Sigel, Earl and Buddy to Efren and Bustie. Wish I could say I won one match against that crew but alas it wouldn't be true. The best player I ever beat in a tournament match was Jimmy Fusco when he was the reigning Eastern States champion.

I've gambled and beaten a few others but they might not appreciate my saying so. With a spot of course. :wink:

Hey Jay,
This is priceless!!! "With a spot of course"!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
That's a toughie… I'll never forget those sixteen and a half hours of gambling against Buddy Hall, spread over three afternoons, during which he missed a total of three balls. He's also one of my favourite players to watch because of his stroke, cue ball control, demeanor at and away from the table. Gambling with José Parica was hilarious as he tried to coax a handicap out of me. But I've had the pleasure to play so many formidable players, it would seem unfair to pick just one. Last year a slightly aged but virile Ramil Gallego played a perfect match against me, one of those Accustats 1.000 matches in which he didn't put a foot wrong. Reminds me I prefer to think of matches I won… :wink:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a toughie… I'll never forget those sixteen and a half hours of gambling against Buddy Hall, spread over three afternoons, during he missed a total of three balls. He's also one of my favourite players to watch because of his stroke, cue ball control, demeanor at and away from the table. Gambling with José Parica was hilarious as he tried to coax a handicap out of me. But I've had the pleasure to play so many formidable players, it would seem unfair to pick just one. Last year a slightly aged but virile Ramil Gallego played a perfect match against me, one of those Accustats 1.000 matches in which he didn't put a foot wrong. Reminds me I prefer to think of matches I won… :wink:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Hello and Greetings from the USA,
Good post. Thank you. So many good post in this thread!
Go to Youtube.com come and watch the match between Efren and Harold!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sop many good post in this thread. I tahjnk everyone for their great input!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sop many good post in this thread. I thank everyone for their great input!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.