Who was the best pool player you ever played in your pool career?

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played Scott Frost in the 9ball tourney of Derby City 3 years ago. I had my chances but gave him more chances. :) He was nice about and I was happy I "hung with him" for a few racks.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyler Edey, back when he was playing pro. When he caught his top gear it was kind of stupid how good he was. I played some of my best pool of my life against him and it was rarely ever enough.

What happened with Tyler? I remember seeing him play around here a few years ago. Did he stop playing?

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Jimmy Matz

Played a lot with Jimmy in the 70's back in Reading, PA. hell of a road player but didn't play many tournaments so many folks don't know him...RIP Jimmy!

Wedge

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The strongest anyone has ever played on me was Bartrum, we played 90 minutes and he missed one ball the last rack. I was down 8-0 before I could see the edge of a ball, I was kicking and racking. Brutal. I've played too many guys to list.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Lock n Load ......that's who.Lock is one of the only players to ever run two racks of 9 ball, one handed, with a house cue, at my house, in front if my eyes. Then as if that was not enough I insinuated he could not do it again and he did the same thing at MBC. How many players do you know that can run two racks at will, on demand, with one hand? ? It was that and the fact I have witnessed pro players run Lock out of a pool room that let me know that we may never know how much of a monster Lock is.:eek::eek:
Now keep in mind Lock is a little older with some documented eye problems but when he is on you gotta recognize what a force he can be to reckon with.He was given the name, it's as simple as that.
Next to you Lock , probably Earl Strickland or Joey A.
Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
If I recall this correctly I played Ronnie Allen at the 1979-80 Rocky Mountain Open in Colorado Springs. 9-Ball race to 9. I got 1 shot and lost 9-3. He broke and ran a 6-Pack, I ran 3 then he ran 3.

Last edited:

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jack Foracher in 3c
Jay Swanson in pool

fond memories with dismal results.

bill

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was years after his best game, but George "Ginky" Sansouci might be the best I've played. At one time, he was one of the best American players, I wish I would have been around in those days.

If we could all go back in time to when these guys were playing their best, I'd bet on Ginky if there were a sucker willing to take that bet. I was there and the robbery that ensued nightly was amazing.

I have to agree with this. Ginky was probably the strongest I've played -- and I played him *after* his prime a couple/three years ago.

Ralf Souquet is also on my list, and I'm sure anyone else here that has played him will agree.

-Sean

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Best I've played for money: George SanSouci
Best I've played in a tournament: Jose Parica
Best I've played for $50: Efren Reyes

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Larry Nevel but he played like dog shite!! So did I and I still lost 9-0. He gave me ball and hand a few times with a wide open table and I duffed it each time :angry:

Other players:

Max Eberle
Shawn Putnam
Bobby Chamberlain
Billy Palmer
Bucky Souvanthoug
Brittany Bryant
Tom Rossman (4 hours of 9 ball!!)
Mike Massey

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willie Mosconi-played him an exibition game-more like I racked for him.
Neptune Joe frady
Grady Matthews

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Name the person that you think is the best pool player you have ever played in your time playing pool from the beginning of your pool playing days? Thank you for your input.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

I played Jaffar 'Patch Eye' Basheer in Kentucky two times, i did not know him when i walked in to pool hall, at first he had his glasses on, when i asked him to play he revealed that he is blind in one eye, so i said i got handy cap player, so we played one pocket, after about an hour i was down $60.00, the man does not miss, i leave him long shots he makes them, i left that day wondering, then i Googled him and he turned out to be pro road player, one pocket is his #1 game, played him again, this time i got even, or he let me slide who knows..

Below a link from Onepocket.org about his life story

http://www.onepocket.org/PatchEyeInterview.htm

banged up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy hall

I played him for a couple hrs i mean racked for him for a couple hrs in the 90's . Played Hennessee for the cash once lost hill hill with a spot but was never a good player.