who's the best money player? not tournaments! but will play anyone for da dough!!!!!!

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
Anyone can post the dough.BUT who is MOST FEARED when it comes to a money player.I would say "The Magician".;)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Dennis and Alex are at the top or very near the top for sure. A lot of good players get better for the money. To me tournaments are not a true test. I seemed to never give it 100% when I played in them. I think my way of thinking was that my money was already up (entry fee), so that was all I could lose. I almost always played better for the money. Johnnyt

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't there already a thread VERY similar to this?....

I think it's title is "The Best Money Player Alive" or something to that effect.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
IMO:

Best American: SVB
Best in the world: Alex and Dennis in a dead heat.

Efren is only feared for his one hole game now. Shane tried to play him last year at the Derby and was told "you get 9-7 playing one pocket, no other games will be played"

To my knowledge there is only one American who has matched up with both Alex and Dennis in the past couple of years gambling for significant amounts. Anyone want to guess who it is?

He may be different than you think. :D

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
JCIN said:
IMO:

Best American: SVB
Best in the world: Alex and Dennis in a dead heat.

Efren is only feared for his one hole game now. Shane tried to play him last year at the Derby and was told "you get 9-7 playing one pocket, no other games will be played"

To my knowledge there is only one American who has matched up with both Alex and Dennis in the past couple of years gambling for significant amounts. Anyone want to guess who it is?

He may be different than you think. :D

Shane hasn't matched up with orcullo, yet. The man you speak of is the one and only....

Chris Bartam

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Right now who knows. But Johnny Archer was the best at matching up some years back. If you bet on Johnny in every money match he ever had you would be way ahead.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
DeadPoked said:
Shane hasn't matched up with orcullo, yet. The man you speak of is the one and only....

Chris Bartam
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !!

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:

Chris Bartam

I was with dennis and edwin in 1996's canadian 9 ball tournament in calgary when dennis beat svb for, i believe, 1k. Edwin montal was the one backing dennis and i even heard svb say" i would never gamble with you anymore"..not sure if he was kidding or not. Dennis even asked him to switch the game from 9ball to 8 ball.

I have been off the loop for sometime, but, the last time i was keeping track, dennis beat alex 3x on money games and alex has not won yet.

Btw, dennis and svb played in this poolhall called styx billiards.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
pinoyincalgary said:
I was with dennis and edwin in 1996's canadian 9 ball tournament in calgary when dennis beat svb for, i believe, 1k. Edwin montal was the one backing dennis and i even heard svb say" i would never gamble with you anymore"..not sure if he was kidding or not. Dennis even asked him to switch the game from 9ball to 8 ball.

I have been off the loop for sometime, but, the last time i was keeping track, dennis beat alex 3x on money games and alex has not won yet.

Alex told me this year in Vegas that he has beaten Dennis in the Philippines.

Shane asked Dennis to play bar table 8 ball at last years Shooters Ring Game. Dennis wanted alternate break and Shane wanted winner break. Dennis walked away. I am sure they will play at some point in the future.

The thing I find interesting is that all of the very top gamblers are also the nicest players in the game.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
pinoyincalgary said:

1996? Shane was was matching up for a thousand at 12? :O

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Currently, I can't imagine Yang won't get some attention given his matchup with DO.

Sure seems like the Rifleman has to get a nod from an all-time point of view.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
PhilosopherKing said:
Have Jose Parica and Buddy Hall ever matched-up? Any stories?

No, only in tournaments.

In the PI these guys are constantly testing each other. That's what keeps them sharp. Last year Lee Van beat Dennis several times in a row. At Rotation, Efren may still be King over there.

It's close between Alex, Yang and Dennis right now. On a given day any one of them could win. Meanwhile there are at least half a dozen guys in the PI who will play anyone of the above three even. Bandido you tell me if I'm wrong.

Let's see; Lee Van, Francisco, Alcano, Gabica, Gallego, De Luna, Kiamco, Gomez. And the beat goes on. :)
I hate to say it, but every time one of these guys comes over here, it's like a hot knife going through butter. I suspect if the money was right they could do it in Europe too.

Last edited: