Whos the best playing instructor?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we weren't invited

Mark...You're a little late. We already held this year's "instructor tournament", last summer at Pyramid, during the trade show. Jerry Briesath won, running a 4 pack in the finals (no doubt he should retire, since he's over the hill! :rolleyes:). So...where were you?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Now you're making all of us sad because we weren't invited. :groucho:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if you were really a professional instructor, you'd be in the professional association (PBIA), and then you would have been invited. Maybe next year! That said, there are plenty of highly qualified professional instructors who are not yet in the association. Many of us would like to see them come in, so as to create a cohesive group to represent the sport in a professional manner worldwide.

Scott Lee

Now you're making all of us sad because we weren't invited. :groucho:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Have cue, will play... anyone. And teach bikini pool models, I mean bikini models by the pool, or bikini models on an outdoor pool table by the pool... whatever. That's the ultimate test, which instructors team of 5 bikini models will win the title after 1 month of steady training.

Will compete and give lessons. Sounds like fun! 2K? Ok.

I'm all in!

ROTFLLMAO!

Well Max- i think you really thought a really long time about this :p :grin:

hope you re doing well,

lg
INgo

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you only knew

Well if you were really a professional instructor, you'd be in the professional association (PBIA), and then you would have been invited. Maybe next year! That said, there are plenty of highly qualified professional instructors who are not yet in the association. Many of us would like to see them come in, so as to create a cohesive group to represent the sport in a professional manner worldwide.

Scott Lee

If you only knew my friend, if you only knew. :eek:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
it's like seeing a Mirage after 3 weeks in the desert

Have cue, will play... anyone. And teach bikini pool models, I mean bikini models by the pool, or bikini models on an outdoor pool table by the pool... whatever. That's the ultimate test, which instructors team of 5 bikini models will win the title after 1 month of steady training.

Will compete and give lessons. Sounds like fun! 2K? Ok.

I'm all in!

"The Max"....finally reinforcements. :wink: And one with bikini models, it's like seeing a Mirage after 3 weeks in the desert my friend. :smile:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The Max"....finally reinforcements. :wink: And one with bikini models, it's like seeing a Mirage after 3 weeks in the desert my friend. :smile:

Here you go CJ: fat chicks in bikinis.jpg

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Wow, so no one can be a professonal instructor unless they are a member of PBIA and get their official title?

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Let's have a tournament and each instructor can put up $2000. and play a round robin, that would be interesting. Straight pool, 9 Ball and one pocket. Someone can come up with a format and "instuctor qualifications" that are fair for everyone.

This would be interesting as a "change of pace" from the normal tournaments. We could get at least 8 players/instructors involved I would think.

I know some pool rooms that would like to host and I'll pitch in 2 Dimes to get some much needed tournament play. I've been on the insructional routine for so long it would be great to play again under pressure.

That sounds good to me. Save me a spot :wink:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i havent read thru the thread....:embarrassed2:
but could someone list the top 4-5 instructors who qualify as best players
thanks

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
they'll want to "seed" their instuctors

Wow, so no one can be a professonal instructor unless they are a member of PBIA and get their official title?

Brutal, I guess they'll want to "seed" their instuctors. :rolleyes:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
does the FBI (Federation of Billiard Instructors) come after them?

Maybe you should start a stable of instructors. You could give me a super duber master instuctor label! I could specialize in showing players how to play better drinking.

That's funny and yes, everyone should have an area of expertice.

I also wasn't aware that you had to be a member of a club/association/? to be a professional instructor.

So if someone gives lessons without a permit does the FBI (Federation of Billiard Instructors) come after them? :groucho: that's a funny visual. :cool:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's funny and yes, everyone should have an area of expertice.

I also wasn't aware that you had to be a member of a club/association/? to be a professional instructor.

So if someone gives lessons without a permit does the FBI (Federation of Billiard Instructors) come after them? :groucho: that's a funny visual. :cool:

Funny how you "pros" want an organization to classify you as pros, but when the instructors have that organization for instruction, you want to scoff at it. :rolleyes:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
this is a tough crowd sometimes

Funny how you "pros" want an organization to classify you as pros, but when the instructors have that organization for instruction, you want to scoff at it. :rolleyes:

thanks, it's tough being funny, this is a tough crowd sometimes. :groucho: