world 14.1 updates

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Keep those updates comin! I really appreciate the news. I also think I'll have to pay for the stream this weekend. Can't miss it.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
you are way off sir, i think it is 9.95 a day thats 8 rounds of play if we are talking about the stream !

From the Dragon Promotions site:

VIP:
Single session tickets will be sold at the event
2 session per day at $35 per session
Semi/Finals $60

General Admission:
Single session tickets will be sold at the event
2 session per day at $25 per session
Semi/Finals $35

So it seems I WAS way off. $35/$25 per session. 2 sessions a day. And $60/$35 for semis and finals.

I agree, Im sure it worth it... but at this moment, its sadly too much for me to make the trip.

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's like $35 a day. Unless that includes a back massage and endless hotdogs, which it should, then it's a bit much.
I got there at 8:30 in the eve and they asked me for 25..lol they probably stopped at 10 pm I wont go back...Last yr when the event was in new Brunswick the fee was more reasonable and I was there all day both day and eve

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a world class event. To see a broadway play might cost you $100 a pop. The super bowl unaffordable. A Stones concert even more. You want to see greats you gotta pay. $25 is not much considering the top notch world class players. If you dont have the money there is an affordable PPV.

Good luck Steve L.

this event is missing some notable players mlike schmitt and harriman...

OneinaRow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Oldzilla

The updates are much appreciated as work is keeping me from the stream. $10 a day? Too bad we're 600 miles from comet. (your commentary was great during the Turning Stone)

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
this event is missing some notable players mlike schmitt and harriman...

Some of us took the summer off to tend to other business...

back_at_the_ranch.jpg

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
This is a world class event. To see a broadway play might cost you $100 a pop. The super bowl unaffordable. A Stones concert even more. You want to see greats you gotta pay. $25 is not much considering the top notch world class players. If you dont have the money there is an affordable PPV.

Good luck Steve L.

One could argue... and that one, is me... that the US Open has more top notch world class players young and old. The US open is $10 per session/ 2 per day. For die hard 14.1 fans with money to burn, the cover is nothing and very much justified. For me, as much as I would love to come watch, $25/session or $50/day is too much. :(

skor

missing shots since 1995
Silver Member
I keep hearing complaints that there is no money in pool but then no one is willing to give something back to the sport and players in form of buying tickets to watch a match/session/event.

How much is a regular ticket to a baseball match this days?.... but hey, this is the world championship, so I should really ask how much is a ticket to a world series game.....

How much is a ticket to the Tennis US Open?

How much is a movie ticket these days?

I understand that it might be too much for some but this is not something that comes along every day and if you are a billiards fan then plan those events a head and put a dollar a way every day and by the end of the year you have $365 to spend on pool events.

just my $0.02

:D:D:D *** GO ZION ZVI!!! *** :D:D:D

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree except there were an awful lot of empty seat in the venue. Anytime the demand exceeds the availability higher prices are called for...when demand is far less than availability isn't it better to make some money vs no money?

I know players that Comet is their home pool room who won't pay 50 to watch.

Take the number of available seats...start with 1/3 at say 20 a day...keep 1/3 for "session" tickets at say 10 and a 1/3 for VIP at 30 a day and make the VIP the best seats...

If you start filling up with the 20 a day tickets well keep selling them...you have people buying 30 keep selling em...

but what do I know?

R

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You all that know me here know I'm a BIG 14.1 fan and have been for 20 years. I'm also not too far from Comet, maybe 1-1/2 hrs. I looked up the tourey info and saw the rates and decided not to go because of the rates. Don't get me wrong, I have the $$$ to go, but i'd like to see at least 2 days and the finals and that would be like $400 for me and the wife with expenses, and not even staying there over night. For that same money we could basically hit Vegas for the weekend!!!

Some say "it's not a lot of $$$ to watch the Pros".....uh yea, it is, especially in these times. If you want more people to get into the game....MAKE SURE YOU JAM THE PLACE FULL OF SPECTATORS!....not charge $50 a day to watch.

Then I checked out the online stream....WOW! compared to TAR, AZB TV, OTR, etc. the rates are too much, even though I will buy it. 50 or 60 bucks can get you a TON of online streaming IMO. Also comparing the the price to go see the 14.1 worlds a world series is a little silly.

anyway, I really don't do that much whinning, but this caught me off guard cause I planned to go watch.

G.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerry...Good to see you back posting! :thumbup: I was in Comet last Thursday night and Friday night. I've taught several lessons in there, and always been treated wonderfully by Bill and his staff. That said, I can't imagine what Dragon has done to justify these prices. Are there bleachers?...backed seats? Where are they putting them? I can't believe that Bill would allow tables to be moved, to make room for raised seating. Somebody who is there, or watching the feed, clue me in. What kind of seating arrangements are there?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

You all that know me here know I'm a BIG 14.1 fan and have been for 20 years. I'm also not too far from Comet, maybe 1-1/2 hrs. I looked up the tourey info and saw the rates and decided not to go because of the rates. Don't get me wrong, I have the $$$ to go, but i'd like to see at least 2 days and the finals and that would be like $400 for me and the wife with expenses, and not even staying there over night. For that same money we could basically hit Vegas for the weekend!!!

Some say "it's not a lot of $$$ to watch the Pros".....uh yea, it is, especially in these times. If you want more people to get into the game....MAKE SURE YOU JAM THE PLACE FULL OF SPECTATORS!....not charge $50 a day to watch.

Then I checked out the online stream....WOW! compared to TAR, AZB TV, OTR, etc. the rates are too much, even though I will buy it. 50 or 60 bucks can get you a TON of online streaming IMO. Also comparing the the price to go see the 14.1 worlds a world series is a little silly.

anyway, I really don't do that much whinning, but this caught me off guard cause I planned to go watch.

G.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
?

the updates are coming a little slower today. i will how ever keep posting them as soon as i recieve them. thank you for your patience.:cool:

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

Grady lost to Yu Ram 100-90 i believe the final was....

as for the seating...they pulled the chairs up along the edge (maybe 12 feet) along the center tables...between the center and outer edge of tables to be exact....

I was in this morning...paid 25 and then was going to stay and asked could i just pay the difference in the day (40) and the session (25) and was told I would have to pay the full 25. I needed to make up my mind when i first paid...

so i left....

R

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerry...Good to see you back posting! :thumbup: I was in Comet last Thursday night and Friday night. I've taught several lessons in there, and always been treated wonderfully by Bill and his staff. That said, I can't imagine what Dragon has done to justify these prices. Are there bleachers?...backed seats? Where are they putting them? I can't believe that Bill would allow tables to be moved, to make room for raised seating. Somebody who is there, or watching the feed, clue me in. What kind of seating arrangements are there?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott, how have you been? yup, it's that time of year for me to start hitting balls again. Plus I have a new cue coming in the mail any day :) I was golfing quite a bit, but I picked up a bothersome wrist pain?....so I quit....good thing it's my bridge hand!

G.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RShellhouse...That's what I expected. It doesn't sound anything like the seating setup I've seen at other big tournaments, and setting a high price won't help.

What they did to you was outrageous. They need every fan there they can get...and they're turning them away!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

as for the seating...they pulled the chairs up along the edge (maybe 12 feet) along the center tables...between the center and outer edge of tables to be exact....

R