world series of poker

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like JRB has a long road ahead of him...700k. Benyamine is still alive, so he could be a threat...MM has a 5:1 chip advantage right now.

Scott Clements, Eric Baldwin and Hassan Habib still in too. All seasoned tourney players. David Baker is having a great series as well. Some pretty strong threats still alive in the main event, but Mizrachi has to be the top pick right now. Like Ivey was last year. Let's see who make the final three tables today.

I pick Mizrachi to make the final table. Will bet even money on it. I know I have the worst of that bet, but just call it a hunch. I like Clements to make it through today, the final three tables. Will bet on him too. I just like this guy, sat next to him a couple of years ago. A class act.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bobby's out! He won 94K, probably in for a third. :smile:
200-400 here I come!

RobDeBank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got johnny lodden to win this thing even though benyamine, baldwin, baker, mizrachi and habib are still left.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got johnny lodden to win this thing even though benyamine, baldwin, baker, mizrachi and habib are still left.

I'll take Mizrachi even up over Lodden for $100. Whoever last longer. They don't have to win. Or I'll give you 10-1 on Lodden winning for a $100.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hassan Habib gave a clinic yesterday on how to play a short stack. He was short stacked all the way and still made the final three tables. Meanwhile he went from winning 94K to a guaranteed 317K now. Sweet! :thumbup:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like another unheard of may win the big one.

I read that Helmuth busted out after only 6 hours of play. He went all in pre-flop with fish hooks and got called by Sigfried and Roy. The pair of queens held up. Oops!

Dartman

Silver Member
poker side note -

During a brief chat at the bca show about the main event with Vivian V - I mentioned there was a holdem tourn at the Venetian Thursday night. Quite surprised to see her show up - and play - complete with sunglasses on. :thumbup:
Maybe a wsop main event is in her future.

Donkey Puncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During a brief chat at the bca show about the main event with Vivian V - I mentioned there was a holdem tourn at the Venetian Thursday night. Quite surprised to see her show up - and play - complete with sunglasses on. :thumbup:
Maybe a wsop main event is in her future.

Yeah, I played with her at Chinook Winds. Somewhat surprising to see a WPBA pro gambling.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It took almost six hours of play with ten players but the bubble just busted. The final table is set, nine players left. The Viffer didn't make it. :wink: