Your man in Manila

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will be arriving on Nov. 6 and staying until conclusion. I plan to send updates once or twice daily to AZ, on the various happenings at and around the WPC. Things like who is playing good, big upsets and anything behind the scenes I can ferret out.

If there are any controversies or unusual happenings you will know the scoop or my name isn't Jay Halpert, excuse me Helfert. If anyone has any requests for specific info, let me know now, as I'm heading for China two weeks prior to the WPC. I am open to any and all suggestions on how to make these reports interesting to everyone.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure anything and everything you possibly relay would be well
appreciatd. Pictures would be cool also.

I'd like to know what the "buzz" is in the Phillipines around the best money
players there, particularly if Dennis regularly beats Efren for the cash.

Jerry Forsyth

Jay,

Where are you staying? I am at the Philippine Plaza and arrive on the 3rd. Let's get together for a drink.

-Jerry

T

Timberly

Jerry Forsyth said:
Jay,

Where are you staying? I am at the Philippine Plaza and arrive on the 3rd. Let's get together for a drink.

-Jerry
Oh sure! You ask me to bring you some fresh Hershey chocolate but don't offer me a drink! :rolleyes: Hello!!!! Is there anyone left on these forums that doesn't know I drink??? :D

J/K! Ya'll have a safe trip. I'm looking forward to hearing the updates and the scoop... ;)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth said:
Jay,

-Jerry

Orchid Gardens. I'm sure I'll see you around big guy.

McKinneyMiner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
If there are any controversies or unusual happenings you will know the scoop or my name isn't Jay Halpert

For God's sake Halpert show some initiative! :D

If these reports are no good I am going to send you a care package of Zen Cornholio's ramblings and see how you like it. :p

I look forward to hearing your take. You definitely are a behind-the-scenes kind of guy.

Safe travel.

john_phillips23

Registered
Is there any chance of you doing any commentary Jay? I used to love your contribution to the WPC. You and Steve Davis especially - you made a wonderful team in the com box :)

I'm a new member to the forum, so it's great to be able to tell you how much I used to enjoy your commentaries from Cardiff in the past

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
john_phillips23 said:
Is there any chance of you doing any commentary Jay? I used to love your contribution to the WPC. You and Steve Davis especially - you made a wonderful team in the com box :)

I'm a new member to the forum, so it's great to be able to tell you how much I used to enjoy your commentaries from Cardiff in the past

Thanks. Possible, but unlikely. American voice will most likely be Jerry Forsyth. He does a good job. I like his commentary. Good voice, good analysis, and doesn't overdo it.

Ok Jerry, now about that drink?

Jerry Forsyth

drink for you!

Jay,

Whatever you please! And if I can get you in the commentary box I'd love to have you beside me. There is a lot going on in the pool world right now that we could fill dead time with!

-Jerry

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Jay, have fun, it would be difficult to NOT. One thing I would like you to keep and eye out for, let us know if and when Busta starts "smooths out" and takes it up a notch. Its his time and his game is on the upswing and this may be the event that takes him there. He has so much swing and if and when it happens, it'll be like Tiger Woods in dead punch.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Island Drive said:
Jay, have fun, it would be difficult to NOT. One thing I would like you to keep and eye out for, let us know if and when Busta starts "smooths out" and takes it up a notch. Its his time and his game is on the upswing and this may be the event that takes him there. He has so much swing and if and when it happens, it'll be like Tiger Woods in dead punch.

I'm taking notes on all this. Good suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming.

Jerry Forsyth

Timberly said:
Oh sure! You ask me to bring you some fresh Hershey chocolate but don't offer me a drink! :rolleyes: Hello!!!! Is there anyone left on these forums that doesn't know I drink??? :D

J/K! Ya'll have a safe trip. I'm looking forward to hearing the updates and the scoop... ;)

Timberly,

Jay only THINKS I'm buying. I've put the bite on him in most bars around the world. This time I'm telling him that FedEX didn't deliver my wallet.

-Jerry

BigMalUK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry, just a note to let you know how much your commentary is appreciated by us here in the UK - it really adds something to what is often a great TV spectacle and I look forward to hearing more from you in this year's event.

T

Timberly

Jerry Forsyth said:
Timberly,

Jay only THINKS I'm buying. I've put the bite on him in most bars around the world. This time I'm telling him that FedEX didn't deliver my wallet.

-Jerry
LMAO, I don't care who ya are... that's funny!

I headed west this wkend to hang out with Sally & JR... I hear you're having the trip from hell right now.... Hope you finally found your way out of UT. :D

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Timberly said:
LMAO, I don't care who ya are... that's funny!

I headed west this wkend to hang out with Sally & JR... I hear you're having the trip from hell right now.... Hope you finally found your way out of UT. :D

Which Jr are you talking about?

T

Timberly

jay helfert said:
Weelllll....Okay. You had to twist my arm.
Jerry, you hearing this? If Jay has his dinner bought for him, he'll definitely have the money to pay for your drinks. :D

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Jerry, you hearing this? If Jay has his dinner bought for him, he'll definitely have the money to pay for your drinks. :D

Easssyyyy there Tims.