* Your Pro Pool Clinic with Tom Kennedy, Matt Sherman *

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let’s see one of “your” events.

pj
chgo
My wife and I were at the Rays vs Yankees game at Tropicana Field. We were in left field near my company’s logo. Totally coincidental. Aaron Judge was up, and I told my wife that he was going to hit one right into our seats. Instead, he knocked one over our heads by 15 or so rows behind us.

My wife was excited that I called it. At that moment, Judge and I had a mental bond, and the replays clearly showed me on TV.

Freddie <~~~ hope this helps, but I can’t see how

1684870330483.jpeg

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
My wife and I were at the Rays vs Yankees game at Tropicana Field. We were in left field near my company’s logo. Totally coincidental. Aaron Judge was up, and I told my wife that he was going to hit one right into our seats. Instead, he knocked one over our heads by 15 or so rows behind us.

My wife was excited that I called it. At that moment, Judge and I had a mental bond, and the replays clearly showed me on TV.

View attachment 701083
C’mon… you and the other guy were just spontaneously dabbing together, right?

pj
chgo

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 701083
I remember watching that because I remember saying something to my wife like, "I think that was that guy that wrote the article about the tips." The tip part quickly caught her attention but I clarified and we had a good laugh.

Pool personalities never sneak past me.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Delighted to offer an in-depth clinic with legend and all-around-nice-guy Tom Kennedy on Saturday, July 29 at Billiard Factory Jacksonville. 10 AM until 6 PM with lunch included, and playing time on the Factory's pristine tables.

TK and I threw the kitchen sink at this one with individual, hands-on coaching for your stance and stroke, pro systems, specialty instruction for both rotation and non-rotation games, a trick shot show and much more. Join us!

Please send me a PM to sign on.

View attachment 699667

View attachment 699668
How long have you and Tommy known each other?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 701083

The guy who owns the pool room I frequent is Aaron Judge’s batting coach.

Lou Figueroa
had a good year
last season :-o

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Let’s see one of “your” events.

pj
chgo
Thanks for asking. This is the text of my April 28 BONDLIST, my semimonthly email newsletter. Highlights from the below are some past and future events I'm hosting or where I'm guesting, and my most recent media interviews:

To: The James BONDLIST
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:32:13 -0400
Subject: BONDLIST for April 2023

ICONS UNEARTHED is soon to release a season of INSIDE JAMES BOND. They filmed a 4-hour interview at our home plus our Bond props and books, focused on Ian Fleming and "films that changed James Bond". I've arranged other interviews with legends of Bond for ICONS, so watch this space. ICONS shared the best in-depth questions I've ever heard from a documentary crew!

There are ZERO COVID restrictions of any kind (masks, vaccinations, etc.) for our October '23 cruise. There are FABULOUS Bond locations and special surprises for attendees. It's time you went from reading about our amazing Bond events to attending (we're running out of cruise cabins!): https://bondfanevents.com/secretcruise

As OO6 said, "The target is London." At London's International Journal of James Bond Studies Conference this summer, Bond expert Lucas Townsend and I will tour you through Bond's books and films. A tour unlike any other, with dozens of Bond locations! Join us! Write for more.

YES, we'd love for you to participate in SAMLA 95 (and although people love conferencing in person, with shop talk for hours, we're happy to host you remotely via Zoom). New for SAMLA this year after hours, a gala cocktail party and dinner with Trina Parks (Thumper in Diamonds Are Forever)! Trina has many hours of stories to impart to you and will also . . . well, see https://bondfanevents.com/bondlanta for the full details . . . but we're talking a five-course dinner plus a several-hour cocktail, um, hour!

Early Mexico City registrants save up to $1,000 on hotel accommodations with their $100 deposit. Mexico City is one of the safest large cities in the world, we LOVED our scouting trip to see all the tour spots we're taking you to see! Write soon to join our October '24 tour:

Hot Bonded News:

* 9-Time Bond Novelist Raymond Benson will host FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE next month, live in Chicago: https://parkridgeclassicfilm.com/film-schedule

* I led an exciting panel of JAMES BOND SECRETS at this month's MegaCon Orlando. The Bond fans thrilled to a rare personal appearance from R, or is it Q, John Cleese, live!

* Check in on events and insider info from my recent interview with Dr. Wes Britton: https://tinyurl.com/2muf979h

* There's a number of my wise Bond comments (you decide how wise) in the astonishing BOND JUBILEE DOCUMENTARY online:

* I also recently interviewed with Bond Collector Canada's Channel:

* NPR has an outstanding Bond series at https://www.npr.org/series/162180446/james-bond-at-50 and thanks to BONDLIST'er Hal Peat who sent the link (and did a lovely job presenting at our 2022 Bond Fan Event in Jamaica).

* Check out our recent CAIRO BOND TOUR in Egypt: https://bondfanevents.com/cairo

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
How long have you and Tommy known each other?
As more than acquaintances, as friends? 15-ish years? 20? I feel like my kids were pre-teens when he first stayed at our Florida home.

First saw TK play live in West Palm Beach in a tournament back when he was having a very hot hand. I watched him hit perhaps the best shot I've ever seen in a tournament, four rails for an ovation after studying the table about two minutes. Everyone was in awe of him before the tournament and during the competition.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Geez, I don't know. How'd opening the can work out for you?
No time atm but as soon as I get a chance I have a few words to say about the clinic. Speaking of which, what's the cost and how many people is it limited to?
Is it a "Secret of the Pro's"? Sorry, couldn't resist, I have issues.
I've given the conditions under which I'll tell you the price. You just don't want to play.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

View attachment 701083
How cool is that! Neat story.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've added still more exciting content to the clinic. Write if you can join us!
You already had way too much material that couldn't possibly be conveyed to even one person in the allotted time of less than 5 1/2 hours.
Now you want to add more. Okay, put an updated itinerary on the new SFF sub forum. Add a price. You'll get more responses.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
You already had way too much material that couldn't possibly be conveyed to even one person in the allotted time of less than 5 1/2 hours.
Now you want to add more. Okay, put an updated itinerary on the new SFF sub forum. Add a price. You'll get more responses.
No, I've given similar clinics before in less time.

WobblyStroke

While a one day catch all clinic is a great overview, I absolutely hate them from a learning perspective. Not knocking this one in particular, but all one day marathon sessions that cover a lot. Golf clinics are absolutely trash. Ye u save $ compared to getting those lessons individually, by my contention has always been that if you spend 3-4x the money for individual lessons spread out over time with practice/application in between, you will get 10-20x more out of the same content just because of the timing and chunking of it.

But I don't doubt they can cover everything on the itinerary and a bit more in a clinic day. I just don't think it'll be as useful to students as they might think. Goes back to Harvey Pennick's (legendary golf coach) writings on giving lessons. He thought he'd created the greatest lesson of all time that connected all the dots. He delivered it and realized it might have been the absolute worst lesson he'd ever given. Too much at once.