New Cue Maker - Monster Cue

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
A buddy of mine flew in from Beijing with a brand new cue that i had to post on AZ cos i think it looks amazing and it's a design i've never seen before. This is a Custom cue Made in China, i know many will be be laughing thinking it's another mass produced cue, produced in a sweat shop by 5000 twelve year olds.... Well it's not, i'm sure the kids were at least 14...;)
This is a custom cue from Monster Workshop, it's a one man shop and i'm still trying to get his name. Will get my friend to furnish me with more details later.

Despite being Made in China, this is one hell of a great playing cue...and it comes with a hefty price tag as well (won't post the price until he decides to sell this cue, which i think he might since his playing with his SW and has a Szamboti coming in).

I'll let the pictures do the talking for now. This cue is named Demon.

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmmm. Looks a lot like an RC3 design. But Rick would have never used that color palette.

Last edited:

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice cue, I really like the points with the one sided veneers...are they called ghost veneers? Looks like great work and craftsmanship! Enjoy.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprised

I was sure I was not going to like that cue but I do.I really like the the different look on the one sided veneers.It is very sleek looking and fits the newer players of today. How does it play?

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Not so original afterall ???

i've received a couple of PMs informing me that this design was done by RC3 before and therefore isn't something so original :p I guess my lack of knowledge led me to think this is an original design.

Nonetheless enjoy the pictures and i would greatly appreciate if anyone who's got pictures of this RC3 that looks similar to this cue please upload to share. I'd be curious to see if it was a plain copy or an adaptation. If it's blatant or poor copy then i'll be sure to convey the msg to the maker because i'm sure thats not the route he wants to take.

Thanks again for the heads up guys!

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.rc3cues.com

There are a few cues on the cues page on his site in the first few albums that have the same basic point design with one sided veneers but they have the same colors on every point. I'm not an expert on RC3 cues so one like this might exist.

Nice cue. I have to say I really like the design with the variety of veneers on there. It's subtle and you can have a few of your favorite veneer combos all together on one cue.

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good looking cue man. i dig the 1 sided veneers. never seen anyone other than chudy do that. love the joint protectors too!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Here we go again, more design theft I have forwarded this thread and photo's of this cue to RC, I hope he has some re-coarse because this crap needs to be stopped.

To the OP you may be contacted for more information concerning the current owner of this cue, where and from who it was purchased exactly, and when it was made.

JIMO

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
blown out of proportion?

Below are some pictures of RC3's one sided veneer designs that a fellow AZer PMed me.
I agree that the Demon cue that i uploaded pictures of is a clear copy in design to the RC3, no denying there. If I had known the design wasn't so original i wouldn't have posted, then again i might have posted just to showcase the craft.

I would be pissed if i was RC as well and i get where the madness comes from. I'd like to add that this is a 1 time commissioned piece and not mass produced, still that doesn't make it right i know. I will speak to the owner of the cue and get him to convey the message about making another piece like this, at the end of the day it's his choice.

Also please do not bother to PM me to ask me to divulge the owner's details. That would be BS. Flame me if you guys want, i'll do the right thing by informing the owner of the cue about the design copy but thats all to it. If you any of you have a problem, move on from this post.

How many southwest cues are being replicated? I won't even go into bushkas or szamboti's. See any resemblance in Omens and SWs? Look i'm not trying to drag anybody down or say this design is right. I still think it's wrong but my point is CHILL....like i said this is a one off, there ain't gonna be 10,000pcs of this floating around walmart tomorrow. By the way this cue cost about $1500 so it's not a cheap copy...

I've contemplated removing this thread but i think it should stay. I don't mind the blasting, but if you guys wanna flame me or write me a whole bunch of crap PLEASE do it in this thread OR email me at jive.ong@gmail.com PLEASE DO NOT PM me....i'm having problems managing my 150 limit as it is now...so do not flood there!

And for the rest of the world that lives in harmony, enjoy the pics.

Screen shot 2011-10-06 at AM 10.08.20.jpg

Screen shot 2011-10-06 at AM 10.08.30.jpg

Screen shot 2011-10-06 at AM 10.08.47.jpg

Screen shot 2011-10-06 at AM 10.08.58.jpg

Screen shot 2011-10-06 at AM 10.09.06.jpg

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Below are some pictures of RC3's one sided veneer designs that a fellow AZer PMed me.
I agree that the Demon cue that i uploaded pictures of is a clear copy in design to the RC3, no denying there. If I had known the design wasn't so original i wouldn't have posted, then again i might have posted just to showcase the craft.

I would be pissed if i was RC as well and i get where the madness comes from. I'd like to add that this is a 1 time commissioned piece and not mass produced, still that doesn't make it right i know. I will speak to the owner of the cue and get him to convey the message about making another piece like this, at the end of the day it's his choice.

Also please do not bother to PM me to ask me to divulge the owner's details. That would be BS. Flame me if you guys want, i'll do the right thing by informing the owner of the cue about the design copy but thats all to it. If you any of you have a problem, move on from this post.

How many southwest cues are being replicated? I won't even go into bushkas or szamboti's. See any resemblance in Omens and SWs? Look i'm not trying to drag anybody down or say this design is right. I still think it's wrong but my point is CHILL....like i said this is a one off, there ain't gonna be 10,000pcs of this floating around walmart tomorrow. By the way this cue cost about $1500 so it's not a cheap copy...

I've contemplated removing this thread but i think it should stay. I don't mind the blasting, but if you guys wanna flame me or write me a whole bunch of crap PLEASE do it in this thread OR email me at jive.ong@gmail.com PLEASE DO NOT PM me....i'm having problems managing my 150 limit as it is now...so do not flood there!

If I were you I would suggest having this thread pulled, that is better than promoting design theft, and that is exactly what you are doing whether you realize it or not.

This crap is a shame, and I also hope you understand that you could be liable for your involvement in promoting design theft. You have openly stated that you do know that it is a copy, and that it would make you mad if some one did this to you, yet to are involved in doing this to some one else!!

I don't get it, you think it's wrong yet you involve yourself!!!!!:rolleyes:

JIMO

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member

If I were you I would suggest having this thread pulled, that is better than promoting design theft, and that is exactly what you are doing whether you realize it or not.

This crap is a shame, and I also hope you understand that you could be liable for your involvement in promoting design theft. You have openly stated that you do know that it is a copy, and that it would make you mad if some one did this to you, yet to are involved in doing this to some one else!!

I don't get it, you think it's wrong yet you involve yourself!!!!!:rolleyes:

JIMO

Duly noted.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$1500 for a cue is steep price tag anywhere...let alone in china!!! where is this considered in the price of cues available in china?

I understand SW cues are highly sought after but is this common for this type of cue?

The quality looks nice..but a mixture of SW pin and R3 chudy point work.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
$1500 for a cue is steep price tag anywhere...let alone in china!!! where is this considered in the price of cues available in china?

I understand SW cues are highly sought after but is this common for this type of cue?

The quality looks nice..but a mixture of SW pin and R3 chudy point work.

Cue prices are most inflated in China due to the inability of the masses to buy direct from the states. Be it language barrier or no direct resource.

Leaving SW out of the equation since they are always inflated, TAD, Sugartree, Omen...these are always crazily inflated as well when sold in China. There was a guy that bought a Sugartree for $2000 few months back and is nowing selling it for more than $3500..it's that sought after.

The chinese pool community is learning more and more about pool cues and their desire for quality and playability in cues are growing by the day. Which i think is good for the entire pool community as a whole.

And to answer your question $1500 for this cue despite being made in china can still sell in china because it is that well made. some blemishes you see in the pictures are not from workmanship but from not cleaning the cue before my shoot and my substandard photography.

To add, no i'm not promoting the design but the craftmanship of the cue.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
This should also be duly noted, I have reported your thread to the Mod's and I hope they pull it.

Just being honest.

If the mods decide to pull it or even contacts me to pull it i'll do it. I'll respect that decision. Or if a few more guys feels the same way as you do and post in this thread i will gladly do it.

Similarly if RC feels strongly about it, i will definitely respect that and pull this thread. I've already posted my email address.

No hard feelings, i'm just stubborn that i prefer to take my stand. :smile:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
If the mods decide to pull it or even contacts me to pull it i'll do it. I'll respect that decision. Or if a few more guys feels the same way as you do and post in this thread i will gladly do it.

Similarly if RC feels strongly about it, i will definitely respect that and pull this thread. I've already posted my email address.

No hard feelings, i'm just stubborn that i prefer to take my stand. :smile:

By posting this thread here and knowing that the cues design is stolen please don't use the word respect, that in itself is disrespectful!!!

JIMO