Pool Hall Armed Robbery in Shreveport, LA

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Hopefully they'll pick the wrong biz one of these days.

The classic stupid crooks attempting to hold up a cop bar comes to mind.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Same thing happened in the early 1970's. A guy known as The Rifleman was robbing everybody in the poolrooms of Shreveport. His real name was Buddy Hall, and his robberies were, believe it or not, legal.

Seriously, though, this is a very sad story, and my thoughts are with those in Shreveport, whose safety must not be compromised and whose property must remain protected. Hoping for a solution ASAP to all who call Shreveport their home or place of business.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
This is another good reason for licensed concealed carry. After several are shot dead attempting armed robbery, others may not be so willing to risk their lives.

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you run faster than . . .

950 feet/second?

If not, then don't come in to rob a pool hall I'm in . . . 'bout the only "run-out" you'll ever make is to the front door.

Seriously, time to take back our communities. Times are tough and people do stupid things. But, the police cannot be everywhere . . . and fast enough.

Have a nice day.

Attachments

• 45 SIG P220LS.jpg
    45 SIG P220LS.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 726

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Speaking of which I have a Kahr P380 for sale. It MUST go through a licensed dealer though. New - $675, my price (still new condition) $500. I like my Colt Pocket Lite .38 better, so hence the sale.

I usually leave my piece in my car. That's how the law works in California. But I somehow feel better knowing that's it's there. :frown:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just there at Side Pockets a few days ago.....

They locked the front door around Midnight. I asked why.

They were worried about getting robbed. I guess the robberies are done late at night.

Didn't make me feel very safe. I got robbed at a poolhall back in the late 70's.

Not a fun experience.

Good luck over there in Shreveport.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sooner or later it will catch up to them, just hope nobody gets hurt first.

When I lived in St Louis a thug tried to rob a gun store near my house. I'll let you guess how that worked out.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
When the movie "Death Wish" was out in NY the good guys were waliking the parks at night and the bad guys were scared to come out at night...food for thought. Johnnyt

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hence the reason for small little guys like mine... The go anywhere protection.

images

the LCP is a great pistol for concealed carry. Although I am pretty sure most if not all states do not allow concealed carry in establishments that sell alchohol. Oh well I guess it would be better to have it when needed.

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only a Friggin' Idiot would try . . .

Sooner or later it will catch up to them, just hope nobody gets hurt first.

When I lived in St Louis a thug tried to rob a gun store near my house. I'll let you guess how that worked out.

to rob a gun store in Alabama . . . the state allows OPEN carry for the employees. Half the customers in the store (or more) are either police, undercover, or conceal carry permit holders . . . you'd get sawed up so bad, they'd be writing multiple obituaries for each of the body parts strewn around the parking lot . . . not smart. NOT smart at all. Punks don't get, or deserve a lot of tolerance.

Attachments

• 45 vs 46.jpg
    45 vs 46.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 525

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to rob a gun store in Alabama . . . the state allows OPEN carry for the employees. Half the customers in the store (or more) are either police, undercover, or conceal carry permit holders . . . you'd get sawed up so bad, they'd be writing multiple obituaries for each of the body parts strewn around the parking lot . . . not smart. NOT smart at all. Punks don't get, or deserve a lot of tolerance.

Not smart anywhere but there is no rule requiring smarts to be a criminal. The guy who owned the place was getting ready to retire and did so a few months later. Perp made it out the front door and two houses down the street before he dropped.

The guy put a sign on the front door "please unload weapon and remove ski mask before entering".

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
the LCP is a great pistol for concealed carry. Although I am pretty sure most if not all states do not allow concealed carry in establishments that sell alchohol. Oh well I guess it would be better to have it when needed.

Concealed means concealed! ;-)

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
I wonder if any criminals will ever read any threads where everyone just goes on and on about the huge calcuttas at certain tournaments down south.:rolleyes:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Not smart anywhere but there is no rule requiring smarts to be a criminal. The guy who owned the place was getting ready to retire and did so a few months later. Perp made it out the front door and two houses down the street before he dropped.

The guy put a sign on the front door "please unload weapon and remove ski mask before entering".

I thought there was a rule that you had to be naturally stupid to be a criminal of any sorts...