FuriousInTexas needs to identify himself for his apology to be meaningful

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
After posting a now 15 page long thread FALSELY ACCUSING James Walden of stealing his money and being a drug addict, FuriousInTexas continues to hide behind the anonimity of his screen name.
Now, I'm all for screen names, and protecting your anonymity on the internet. . . . . UNTIL you hide behind that while making personal attacks and defaming someone else's character.
once you do that, you forfeit your right to remain anonymous.
It's time to own your statements. . . . .

ac11

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hev apologized and seemed pretty sincere about it...not that it makes it right but its a step in the right direction...knowing his id wont really help anything

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally believe that "furiousintexas" is a figment of James' ex's imagination. Immediately after the original thread, "JamesWaldenPro" was reading this forum. Too coincidental for me.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Please tell us what SPECIFICALLY you will do with that information?

Find his phone number and call him and say hurtful words?
Call his boss and tell them "you should fire Rusty Cooter, I hear he likes little kids and steals office supplies"?
Leave burning dogshit in his mailbox (protip: the flames usually go out if you close the door)?

How does knowing his name make the apology more meaningful to you?
Like, now he'll REALLY MEAN IT if he thinks someone might drive to his house and punch him if he doesn't?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Call his boss and tell them "you should fire Rusty Cooter, I hear he likes little kids and steals office supplies"?
Leave burning dogshit in his mailbox (protip: the flames usually go out if you close the door)?

Like, now he'll REALLY MEAN IT if he thinks someone might drive to his house and punch him if he doesn't?

Especially if "furiousintexas" is the girlfriend. :wink:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Especially if "furiousintexas" is the girlfriend. :wink:

Just curious, Jen. Why would the ex-girlfriend feel the need to come back on here with the apology as opposed to just leaving the train-wreck as it was???

Feelings of guilt? Wanting to reconcile with James???

I dunno :shrug:.

Maniac

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, Jen. Why would the ex-girlfriend feel the need to come back on here with the apology as opposed to just leaving the train-wreck as it was???

Feelings of guilt? Wanting to reconcile with James???

I dunno :shrug:.

Maniac

They may have kissed and made up. :kiss:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I think I am owed an apology too - multiple people lead by one poster weakly trying to link me into this and somehow I was at fault for stating that the James Walden I knew was a man of integrity caused someone to lose $2,000. People saying I don't know anything about the pool world and beczause someone can draw their ball better than me they are more qualified to give opiinions.

Too bad it was all deleted. To me it was comedic gold at the end. You should see some of the PM's I received about the posters involved and people's true opinion's of them.

Anyways, the OP FuriousinTexas at least manned up and made an apology. I doubt that others will.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I am owed an apology too - multiple people lead by one poster weakly trying to link me into this and somehow I was at fault for stating that the James Walden I knew was a man of integrity caused someone to lose $2,000. People saying I don't know anything about the pool world and beczause someone can draw their ball better than me they are more qualified to give opiinions.

Too bad it was all deleted. To me it was comedic gold at the end. You should see some of the PM's I received about the posters involved and people's true opinion's of them.

Anyways, the OP FuriousinTexas at least manned up and made an apology. I doubt that others will.

Boy, if that ain't an oxymoron right there underlined in red. :grin-square:

I never had any doubt about James' integrity as a player. I was with you 100 percent on that.:)

Personally, I am kind of glad the thread was deleted. :eek:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

I think the "manned up" part now may be more like "womaned up".

best,
brian kc

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i THINK THERE

iS A HIGH LIKLIHOOD THAT MY DAMN cAPS lOCK KEY IS STUCK ON AGAIN!:angry:

I think there is a high likelihood that JAM is spot-on about the identity of furious.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
one more thing to consider

I can't retrieve who it was now because that "scam" thread was appropriately deleted but didn't a long time azer post on there that:

James Walden played him for 12 hours and was rude and threatened then slapped his gf twice then chased her out the door while his dope fell out of his pockets onto the floor?

Did I read that right?

Just figured it's worth confirming this before breaking out the Mother Theresa Humanitarian Award for him. :rolleyes:

best,
brian kc

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Well, it isn't going to happen BUT if this person's name were known and it could be proven that the entire thing was done to defame James Walden then at least James could have something to go on since he was most likely falsely accused of several criminal acts.

Which is again why I say we definitely need a sandbox for this type of accusation. Whenever someone makes a serious allegation of wrongdoing then that thread needs to be IMMEDIATELY pulled from view and the forum mods need to ask the accusing party for more proof or to take it up with the proper authorities.

Because it's really easy and quick to make accusations and then hard to get out of them later. That's the one major thing I can't stand on the internet is the fact that people can defame others so easily and hurtfully and pretty much get away with it.

Anyway, I think there is a real good chance the FIT is not real. We won't see any moneygram receipt proving that any money was sent.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Well, it isn't going to happen BUT if this person's name were known and it could be proven that the entire thing was done to defame James Walden then at least James could have something to go on since he was most likely falsely accused of several criminal acts.

Which is again why I say we definitely need a sandbox for this type of accusation. Whenever someone makes a serious allegation of wrongdoing then that thread needs to be IMMEDIATELY pulled from view and the forum mods need to ask the accusing party for more proof or to take it up with the proper authorities.

Because it's really easy and quick to make accusations and then hard to get out of them later. That's the one major thing I can't stand on the internet is the fact that people can defame others so easily and hurtfully and pretty much get away with it.

Anyway, I think there is a real good chance the FIT is not real. We won't see any moneygram receipt proving that any money was sent.

I've seen a couple of posts now where people try to warn others and the immediate response is "must be an angry ex". Seems to me people like to overthink these things and make a conspiracy theory out of it. I believe the majority of PSAs are legitimate grievances or at worst honest misunderstandings, not "He broke my heart so I'll make it hard for him to borrow money".

But anyway.
You think any time in the history of mankind a pool player has taken someone to court (aka the proper authorities) for claiming they damaged their reputation by falsely accusing them?

If anyone needs to do their due diligence, it's someone looking to lend money. It's not AZB's job to play PSA detective and ensure every warning is legit. That's added work for them and not really practical.

If you demand real names before being to warn the community about an apparent scammer, you make the atmosphere unfriendly for whistleblowers. I'd rather have the warnings than have people hesitate to post. Worst case is, someone will have to work harder to get strangers to lend them money.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've seen a couple of posts now where people try to warn others and the immediate response is "must be an angry ex". Seems to me people like to overthink these things and make a conspiracy theory out of it. I believe the majority of PSAs are legitimate grievances or at worst honest misunderstandings, not "He broke my heart so I'll make it hard for him to borrow money".

But anyway.
You think any time in the history of mankind a pool player has taken someone to court (aka the proper authorities) for claiming they damaged their reputation by falsely accusing them?

If anyone needs to do their due diligence, it's someone looking to lend money. It's not AZB's job to play PSA detective and ensure every warning is legit. That's added work for them and not really practical.

If you demand real names before being to warn the community about an apparent scammer, you make the atmosphere unfriendly for whistleblowers. I'd rather have the warnings than have people hesitate to post. Worst case is, someone will have to work harder to get strangers to lend them money.

I am not talking about whistleblowers, I am talking about libelous people. There is a difference.

When it's easy and free to hurt someone's reputation then people are more willing to try it especially when they face almost zero repercussion.

But when it's HARD to do it, i.e. when such accusations are put in a holding area for review then people will ONLY do it when they can back up their claims to an acceptable degree. That's my point.

Right now it's too easy to use this forum to defame others. It should be harder and come with consequences if people use this venue to lie about other people.

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He already proved he is a dumbass. He'd be an even bigger dumbass if he identified himself, IMO.

If James wants to pursue legal action, it wont be that hard for his lawyers to identify him. Nothing on the internet is truly anonymous.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
He already proved he is a dumbass. He'd be an even bigger dumbass if he identified himself, IMO.

If James wants to pursue legal action, it wont be that hard for his lawyers to identify him. Nothing on the internet is truly anonymous.

I guarantee you that James has no lawyer to send AZB a request to provide any IP logs that can be then cross referenced somehow maybe with the millions of IPs out there.

In this case FIT is going to stay anonymous.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, when will you make an apology for making obnoxious posts about someone stalking you when you got all butt hurt because I pointed out you were wrong about a golf question? You have a big ego and seem to think you will be in a Pool Hall of Fame soon. Get over yourself.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
The identity of whatever in Tx is Common Internet Troll. So James Walden's girlfriend, who is no longer with him and is currently unemployed, is going to get a job and pay back a debt a little at a time that she is not responsible for in the first place to an individual that she does not know. Really?

YOU ARE BEING TROLLED. This apology is just an extension of that. This is the same whoever that put up the billiardsgirl90/Darren what's his name drama. Ban this douchebag and lockout the IP adresses.

Reactions: JAM

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After posting a now 15 page long thread FALSELY ACCUSING James Walden of stealing his money and being a drug addict, FuriousInTexas continues to hide behind the anonimity of his screen name.
Now, I'm all for screen names, and protecting your anonymity on the internet. . . . . UNTIL you hide behind that while making personal attacks and defaming someone else's character.
once you do that, you forfeit your right to remain anonymous.
It's time to own your statements. . . . .

This is beyond belief. Does this mean you need to identify yourself before you will believe his apology?