Message from JOHNNY ARCHER

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Johnny become president by vote, or did he kind of get appointed without objection.
It's been ten pages and I thought he was answering questions.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
i will assure you no one can "pull any strings" and make barry hearn do anything he doesn't want to do......there's simply no chance of that, especially on the 20th anniversary.

not according to archers text messages!!!

Kd

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I will assure you no one can "pull any strings" and make Barry Hearn do anything he doesn't want to do......there's simply no chance of that, especially on the 20th Anniversary.

Mike is a severe underdog getting a spot on the Mosconi Cup for various reasons, NONE of them have anything to do with Johnny Archer. This year is very special because it's the 20th Anniversary so it will be 100% based on entertainment and show quality, nothing more, nothing less. MatchRoom/Barry Hearn
article-0-047B26520000044D-39_468x286.jpg
wants the best show this year and that's why Earl is involved and SKY SPORTS is doing the documentary on him. That's also why we are doing the MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE Documentary as well.....it's all about timing in "show business," and the hottest player this year will be EARL....and whether you like him or not, he's earned this time in the spotlight.

The Game is the Teacher

I certainly agree CJ.

Earl has earned it several times over, starting when he practiced/played 16 hours a day for a year when he was 16 years old.

Rick

Banks

Banned
I certainly agree CJ.

Earl has earned it several times over, starting when he practiced/played 16 hours a day for a year when he was 16 years old.

Rick

Too bad that's not how qualifying is done. May as well set up Elway and Montana for Superbowl spots, too. There is a point structure in place and people are well aware of what to do for a spot. He's done that so far. Any other result is an injustice at best, downright thievery and an attack on a person's honest effort of providing for himself.

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad that's not how qualifying is done. May as well set up Elway and Montana for Superbowl spots, too. There is a point structure in place and people are well aware of what to do for a spot. He's done that so far. Any other result is an injustice at best, downright thievery and an attack on a person's honest effort of providing for himself.

Bradshaw and Montana, Elway only has two.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Banks,

It's Matchroom's Gig. They/He can do whatever he wants. He can announce tomorrow that the points deal is suspended for the Anniversary Year or forever for that matter & that they they/he will pick the teams every year.

This is not the Rider Cup. It's an entertainment event that involves a competitive game.

Put Earl in the right situation & he can put himself in gear. Can you remember a Tar match with Shane on a 10' table.

Best Wishes,
Rick

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Banks,

It's Matchroom's Gig. They/He can do whatever he wants. This is not the Rider Cup. It's an entertainment event that involves a competitive game.

You make this sound like a Broadway Musical! Its Competitive! Not show biz! People actually bet on the outcome like other sporting events!

The selling point is BEST vs. BEST! Not BEST vs HAS BEENS! Hate to be harsh with the wording, but the young guns are EARNING their keep. If you can't cut the mustard then MOVE ON!

KD

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make this sound like a Broadway Musical! Its Competitive! Not show biz! People actually bet on the outcome like other sporting events!

The selling point is BEST vs. BEST! Not BEST vs HAS BEENS! Hate to be harsh with the wording, but the young guns are EARNING their keep. If you can't cut the mustard then MOVE ON!

KD

You aren't understanding....Barry stated a while back that ranking points would not be used this year. That it is the 20th anniversary, and he is picking the teams, and that no one would be dissapointed. Why keep going on about rankings, and people being cheated, when rankings aren't even relevant this year??

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
You aren't understanding....Barry stated a while back that ranking points would not be used this year. That it is the 20th anniversary, and he is picking the teams, and that no one would be dissapointed. Why keep going on about rankings, and people being cheated, when rankings aren't even relevant this year??

How is it possible that NO ONE is dissapointed??? Guy is playing better then all the rest right now, but will not be disappointed!!! Cheating is cheating! YOU want something then EARN IT!!!

Archer is the one using threats and ultimatums to keep a competitor sidelined. I guess his text messages regarding his tireless efforts to thwart them from ever being in an event together like mosconi cup should be ignored?

KD

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KD

The selling point is how entertaining is the show so it can stay on tv IMO.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
How is it possible that NO ONE is dissapointed??? Guy is playing better then all the rest right now, but will not be disappointed!!! Cheating is cheating! YOU want something then EARN IT!!!

Archer is the one using threats and ultimatums to keep a competitor sidelined. I guess his text messages regarding his tireless efforts to thwart them from ever being in an event together like mosconi cup should be ignored?

KD

KD, I like you. I feel that on this you are not really getting the point of Matchroom Sports.

Mosconi Cup is an independant event The can call it an invitational if they feel like it. However in the past the have used different formulas to determine the teams. Sometimes wild cards sometimes rankings and sometimes half and half. THIS TIME they chose to just go with wild cards an nothing to do with rankings. That is up to them. This is not sanctioned by anyone and therefore want to put on the best show of star power and legends they can. So If you look at he BIG picture MD is up there in points but as far as entertainment value for the majority he is down a ways. That's nothing against MD's ability but he ain't no SVB, he ain't no Archer and he ain't no Earl. I am sure you can agree with that. At the end of the day Mosconi Cup has a special year coming up. MD will get his chances maybe in the future. This year I do not think he fits with the Legendary players that will be playing and that what the are looking at.
Due to the year an circumstances MD not being on the MC has nothing to do with Archer. Jus coincidence. NOW, next year may be different. Lets see but this mess has zero to do with it and was announced months ago

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
KD, I like you. I feel that on this you are not really getting the point of Matchroom Sports.

Mosconi Cup is an independant event The can call it an invitational if they feel like it. However in the past the have used different formulas to determine the teams. Sometimes wild cards sometimes rankings and sometimes half and half. THIS TIME they chose to just go with wild cards an nothing to do with rankings. That is up to them. This is not sanctioned by anyone and therefore want to put on the best show of star power and legends they can. So If you look at he BIG picture MD is up there in points but as far as entertainment value for the majority he is down a ways. That's nothing against MD's ability but he ain't no SVB, he ain't no Archer and he ain't no Earl. I am sure you can agree with that. At the end of the day Mosconi Cup has a special year coming up. MD will get his chances maybe in the future. This year I do not think he fits with the Legendary players that will be playing and that what the are looking at.
Due to the year an circumstances MD not being on the MC has nothing to do with Archer. Jus coincidence. NOW, next year may be different. Lets see but this mess has zero to do with it and was announced months ago

So... is this like how today Johnny called Mike. Asked Mike "So you're not playing in the Steinway Classic"... Mike said "yes I am, what are you....." and before he could finish, Johnny said away from the phone "Mike's not playing, scratch him off the list". Just wondering if things are going down, like that...

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

Fact: Its matchrooms money and they can do what they want!
Fact: Fans can feel it is an INJUSTICE and not tune in
Fact: I am not a Mike Dechaine fan and can't stand the guy. He rubs people funny
Fact: despite my feelings about dechaine I would not want it happening to ANYONE!
Fact: There is NO GUARANTY MD will "get his chances in the future" when he has EARNED them NOW!
Fact: CHARITY is noble and an INJUSTICE! You are not robbing the RICH to give to the poor! Your robbing the poor to give to a less deserving poor!
Fact: Archer and Strickland had their time in the sun ALREADY!
Fact: Why is earl or archer so deserving and Buddy Hall not? What about Nick Varner? Mike Sigel? Jim Rempe? Where do we stop?

KD

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fact: I am not a Mike Dechaine fan and can't stand the guy. He rubs people funny
Fact: despite my feelings about dechaine I would not want it happening to ANYONE!
Fact: There is NO GUARANTY MD will "get his chances in the future" when he has EARNED them NOW!
Fact: CHARITY is noble and an INJUSTICE! You are not robbing the RICH to give to the poor! Your robbing the poor to give to a less deserving poor!
Fact: Why is earl or archer so deserving and Buddy Hall not? What about Nick Varner? Mike Sigel? Jim Rempe? Where do we stop?

KD

Before you go any farther on who is getting cheated and who isn't, maybe you should first wait and see who actually will be on this years team.

KD
Where do we stop? At the door of the man footing the bill and making the rules for HIS event. If you disagree with how the man does business don't support it. If it's more personal, boycott it. Outside of organizing a Mizerak cup and competing head to head with Barry, you're SOL. MD, too.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Where do we stop? At the door of the man footing the bill and making the rules for HIS event. If you disagree with how the man does business don't support it. If it's more personal, boycott it. Outside of organizing a Mizerak cup and competing head to head with Barry, you're SOL. MD, too.

I have already indicated i would boycott and change the channel. Your post served no purpose!

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
So... is this like how today Johnny called Mike. Asked Mike "So you're not playing in the Steinway Classic"... Mike said "yes I am, what are you....." and before he could finish, Johnny said away from the phone "Mike's not playing, scratch him off the list". Just wondering if things are going down, like that...

This is about as low and petty as it gets in pool, and it's actions like this which reflects ones true character. A person who conducts themselves in such a way should not be in charge of any organization. It's difficult enough to get by in pool as it is, but especially so with someone vindictive with pull trying to make an already difficult existence that much more so.

Mike's picture is already on the flyer for the Steinway Classic. Now that this is out in the open I imagine they will back off trying to keep Mike out. Either they do so or they will reflect very badly upon themselves, their organization, and the tournament.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I verified it, definitely the best post of the entire thread.

Before you go any farther on who is getting cheated and who isn't, maybe you should first wait and see who actually will be on this years team.

Best post of the entire thread.....wait a minute.....hmmm....yep, I verified it, definitely the best post of the entire thread.