Message from JOHNNY ARCHER

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't always been a big Earl fan as many of you know. His antics just don't amuse me. That said, the man can play under pressure and seems to play his best in the Mosconi Cup. On the other hand Mike failed miserably last year (miss after key miss) and nearly managed to blow the Cup single handily for the USA squad.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Me too.....

Wait, are you sucking up to Neil?

I kill me sometimes....

Yeah, I'm trying to get him to play scotch doubles as my partner in a father/son tournament.....I really thing we can win, but he doesn't like the idea of being my father.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I heard someone was already trying to talk to the landlord about that.

I dont know why anyone would actually want the the place. The monthly nut is way more than anything in pool could support. Just like I said months and months ago.

If there is a liquidation sale let me know. I may pick up some of that nice only barely used gear. Though it wouldnt surprise me if somehow it ends up north of the border when all the dust settles.

Any word on them facebook checks? Guess that million dollar prize fund was a little light. Who knew?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Where do we stop? At the door of the man footing the bill and making the rules for HIS event. If you disagree with how the man does business don't support it. If it's more personal, boycott it. Outside of organizing a Mizerak cup and competing head to head with Barry, you're SOL. MD, too.

Yup.

Golden rule applies here.

Matchroom isnt in the giving players a year end bonus business. They are in the entertainment business. Which means they can, and should do whatever they feel best to maximize their return on investment.

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fatboy
Just to add one thing, JA reads here for years, often. So when he says he has been away and only has a few posts-that means he aint been reading is all. He keeps up on pool here like most everyone does. Some dont post at all. But you can be sure he reads LOTS.
Fatboy,
Archer is the man in the USA. The best......

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The Last of the Buffalo" by Albert Bierstadt at the Corcoran Gallery of Art.

Attachments

• LAST-OF-THE-BUFFALO.jpg
    LAST-OF-THE-BUFFALO.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 483

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol :) you coming on here begging for people to pay your entry fee into a tournament and then getting drunk and not been able to make it to your match and then trashing JA character is priceless! you sir are the "michelangelo"

Look, you don't know what you're talking about. You clearly have ZERO insight into the world of professional pool. There are some really good people in pool and some real asshats but you wouldn't know. Just because someone puts a ball in a hole really well, doesn't mean they're a good person. I know things that I can't even say...

But great job being an anonymous troll calling others trolls and douchebags. That's a true art.

That was a solid investment opportunity that unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances beyond the principles control, resulted in a bad outcome for investors and fans.

Sounds kind of familiar right?

<---drops mic walks off stage

Nice reply JCIN but I am not sure Primo is up to getting the similarities between the two.

Myself I thought the Cleary opportunity was a definite 4 star investment as the expected resulted was amplified by a modification in the event with the primary actor taking on extra event enhancements with his personal indulgences after a non scheduled delay and then had the good character to accept responsibility with no denial of guilt for the outcome. Others could learn from Andrew Cleary.

Myself I missed this opportunity with Cleary for an investment with a guaranteed lifetime return of at least fond memories and would not hesitate to avail myself of the next opportunity to bring Clearys game to the public arena. Of course I am still regretting not purchasing my own genuine while similar in styling, manufactured with lesser quality, more T shirt like and not as hockey like BB players jersey.

Wish I woulda ordered me a jersey while the getting was good.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The Last of the Buffalo" by Albert Bierstadt at the Corcoran Gallery of Art.

Perhaps that should have painted with a white guy shooting from a flatbed car at the back of a train. The Indians mostly killed what they needed to eat and survive.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps that should have painted with a white guy shooting from a flatbed car at the back of a train. The Indians mostly killed what they needed to eat and survive.

There's a mesage in this painting that applies to this thread, but I don't have time to post it. :)

This one is probably more fitting by Frederick Remington: "Dash for the Timber." :wink:

Attachments

• 800px-MVI_2809_Remington's_A_Dash_for_the_Timber.jpg
    800px-MVI_2809_Remington's_A_Dash_for_the_Timber.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 338

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Damn, did everyones wife log into their accounts today....

good God - WTF happened while i was working yesterday?!?!

yáll do realize, that when you spend so much time together, side by keyboard-side, that eventually you start CYCLING together -

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
So... is this like how today Johnny called Mike. Asked Mike "So you're not playing in the Steinway Classic"... Mike said "yes I am, what are you....." and before he could finish, Johnny said away from the phone "Mike's not playing, scratch him off the list". Just wondering if things are going down, like that...

Now Cleary that would be a whole different story. One has nothing t do with the other. I was just trying to clarify what Matchroom's decision was months ago on picking the teams.

The scenario that you explained is just wrong, However, I wasn't there to witness it and that is the first I heard of it.

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
Hi Johnny,

I was at the Viking tour championships in Northfield Billiards in Ohio about 10 years ago when you were in the finals against Mike Davis. I had just gotten into pool and was there with a girl and another friend that were not serious players. Larry Nevel played Mike Davis the match before and was fun to watch, but watching you play Mike was like watching paint dry. Eventually I started playing around with the girl I was with and making conversation my other friend. I don't remember if you won or lost but after the match you said "This is the rudest crowd I've ever played in front of". I'm fairly certain you were referring to me and my friends. Just wanted to apologize.

Cheers!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Johnny,

I was at the Viking tour championships in Northfield Billiards in Ohio about 10 years ago when you were in the finals against Mike Davis. I had just gotten into pool and was there with a girl and another friend that were not serious players. Larry Nevel played Mike Davis the match before and was fun to watch, but watching you play Mike was like watching paint dry. Eventually I started playing around with the girl I was with and making conversation my other friend. I don't remember if you won or lost but after the match you said "This is the rudest crowd I've ever played in front of". I'm fairly certain you were referring to me and my friends. Just wanted to apologize.

Cheers!

Hey, Henho, I was at that tournament too when Archer was playing Davis. :p

If memory serves me right, it was for second place in the event. What happened was right when Johnny was down on a shot, getting ready to pull a trigger, somebody in the audience right alongside that table he was shooting on clicked their camera and flash.

It shook Johnny up, and he jumped up. He never recovered from it, and Mike Davis won.

I was rooting for Mike Davis because I was rooting for the hometeam. He was from my neck of the woods. ;)