Appleton and Decahine in CSI 8 and 10 ball invitationals

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'll bet it will be a top tier world class 16 players with class. In fact I'll go so far as I think it will be one of the best 16 world champions ever put together. To me, 16 player invites is the best way to go and it has a good chance of growing to 32. Johnnyt

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
According to what it says the players are being invited based on ability and conduct at the table...So I really want to know, why is Dechaine being invited? They are taking what looks like 4 players each from North America, Europe, Asia, and Phillipines. I can think of many other players I would choose instead of Dechaine from North America. Corey Duel, SVB, Johnny Archer, Oscar Dominguez, Rodney Morris (though we know he WON'T be invited), Brandon Shuff, Jeremy Jones, Chip Compton, Shawn Putnam, Charlie Bryant, all of those players and more should be invited before Mike. Mike buckles under pressure and well, is just a ***** around the table. I think the 4 from North America should be SVB, Corey, Johnny, and Chip Compton. Sorry to all you Dechaine lovers out there but I am not the only one that thinks that.

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Clarification

Hello folks!

Just to clarify, Appleton and Dechaine were the first two players to confirm. This and future player confirmation announcements do not reflect any order in which players were invited. Stay tuned...more to come in the near future!

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
--------> political choice

1) Not to say his recent record isn't good -----------> from press release home page (WRITTEN by UNKNOWN) "players selected not only for their proven skills and accomplishments,"
( This puts Mike in ) According to press release

2) His antics at the table, another story--------------> from same release home page (WRITTEN by UNKNOWN) "but also for the respect and dignity they display as professional pool players.")
( This puts Mike out ) According to press release

3) JA tried to twist MD arm to join ABP and BB,--->MD declined, JA threated to Blk Ball MD---> Mark steps in sponsors MD @ Steinway
RM and MD had big argument @ tournament RM walked out (no love lost between these two)
Marks feelings have been stated about BB / ABP/ DP (JA/CW/RM are all a part of both these Org.) A shot across the bow hits everyone on adjacent ship, funny how that works.
( #3 Trumps #2 This puts Mike back in)

(and I think ? that leaves everybody else mentioned out, what a coincidence)
One we know is out, one doesn't qualify, is JA invited, is the big Q ?

Originally Posted by English:
"You wore my favorite shirt & ruined it so I took your favorite pair of pants & cut them up."

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
This is what it says in the article on the home page.

Darren Appleton (GBR) and Mike Dechaine (USA) have officially confirmed as two of only sixteen (16) players

So I don't think they were invited first just confirmed first, possibly.

No Fair!

It's against the rules to read and quote from the original article to win an argument. That's like pattern racking! The internet rules clearly state that all arguments must be made using rumor, innuendo and making-stuff-up.

What's the world coming to?

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
This feels like the Mosconi Cup where one member is revealed one day/week at a time :D

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm sure others will confirm soon enough, and it's a safe bet that the field(s) will be super-tough and that the event(s) will produce very worthy champions.

In the meantime, though, I'm looking forward to supporting this CSI event by attending it.

Thanks to Mark and CSI for staging this event and for everything you do for our sport.

On a separate note, Darren Appleton had to skip the US Open 8-ball event last July to participate in the World Games, in which he won the gold medal. I am really looking forward to watching him play 8-ball as he is an English 8-baller by training.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Fair!

It's against the rules to read and quote from the original article to win an argument. That's like pattern racking! The internet rules clearly state that all arguments must be made using rumor, innuendo and making-stuff-up.

I like those rules, I'd add sarcasm and over the top analogies. Plus personal insults about sexual orientation and heritage.

Something like:
Yea suurre he's better, like getting shoved in a steam engine of a locomotive is better than being stung to death by bees. If you were not a cross-dressing illegal immigrant with a crazy cat woman for a mother you'd know all this.

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Fair!

That made me chuckle... QUALITY :thumbup:

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cant wait to sweat the event.
An event with no B.S.
I will be in Vegas 3 weeks at this time for the BCA etc.