2014 us open unpaid prize money

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Why even give him any credit for anything at this point? He's 100 days late on some out of country checks. Weather Shane got paid or not seems up in the air at this point. I think if Shane would come out now and say he won't be playing in the event this year, it would probably help end the event or 500 pool players would try to sign up because he won't be there. Johnnyt

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Why even give him any credit for anything at this point? He's 100 days late on some out of country checks. Weather Shane got paid or not seems up in the air at this point. I think if Shane would come out now and say he won't be playing in the event this year, it would probably help end the event or 500 pool players would try to sign up because he won't be there. Johnnyt

Probably the latter!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Funny part, if you want to see it that way. Barry gets the mike from Scott and makes jokes about stiffing the players.

It wasn't an appropriate joke to begin with, and even less so considering that is exactly what he ended up doing.

I did like the look on Scott's face tho. After Barry joked about it and the room went silent.

Scott looked like a deer caught in head lights. I imagine that he was thinking, who gave this clown the mike. Oh, I did. Sorry bout that. Note to self. Grip the Mike firmer and not let Barry touch it.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I hope he grips the mic firmer...

Funny part, if you want to see it that way. Barry gets the mike from Scott and makes jokes about stiffing the players.

It wasn't an appropriate joke to begin with, and even less so considering that is exactly what he ended up doing.

I did like the look on Scott's face tho. After Barry joked about it and the room went silent.

Scott looked like a deer caught in head lights. I imagine that he was thinking, who gave this clown the mike. Oh, I did. Sorry bout that. Note to self. Grip the Mike firmer and not let Barry touch it.

I don't want to hear about Scott gripping Mike firmer, but perhaps he should grip the mic firmer.

Jaden

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
So, you've never heard of the French guy. Mike Rophone? He was the guy that invented the PA System.

Maybe Scott was thinking, what would happen if I grabbed Barry by the neck, really firm, from behind. And make him take a bow. Onto the short rail.

Barry falls to the floor while Scott catches the Mic from Barry's hand on the way down. "Thank you Barry, for those words, and now, we'll get back to something else".

Probably a Boxing match with Jay, as soon as Barry wakes up.

Last edited:

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
In the age of internet gossip all it would take is one or two pool pros to write on facebook or twitter that they heard Barry is in negotiations to pass the Open on to someone else and it would be shared and retweeted throughout pool. Might not change anything but Barry would get to spend lots of time explaining about why he isn't giving it up.

Then again, I don't condone that kind of misuse of the internet so nevermind.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
In the age of internet gossip all it would take is one or two pool pros to write on facebook or twitter that they heard Barry is in negotiations to pass the Open on to someone else and it would be shared and wetweeted throughout pool. Might not change anything but Barry would get to spend lots of time explaining about why he isn't giving it up.

Then again, I don't condone that kind of misuse of the internet so nevermind.

The thought "wetweeted" was what Barry is doing from his debtors ?

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
If I'm reading the World Clock correctly, it's 2:09 p.m. Vietnam time
and that wire transfer should have been completed 24 hrs. ago.

Fat F'n Chance, huh Barry ? ...

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an American in Vietnam I can tell you the wire would take typically at least 3 days to show up in the recipients bank, depending on which bank they use.

However, A confirmation email would be sent immediately confirming the wire has been scheduled.

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an American in Vietnam I can tell you the wire would take typically at least 3 days to show up in the recipients bank, depending on which bank they use.

However, A confirmation email would be sent immediately confirming the wire has been scheduled.

Correct me if I am wrong but the fund will be instantly available for withdrawal if you use Western Union to transfer money to Vietnam. I agree that the confirmation email is the most important part.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct me if I am wrong but the fund will be instantly available for withdrawal if you use Western Union to transfer money to Vietnam. I agree that the confirmation email is the most important part.

Western Union is different from wire transfer ( or telegraphic transfer)
Western Union is instant cos they are sent and received in Western Union branches and do not require Bank acc details.
Wire transfer require bank account details and if sent between countries may take a few days. If Barry manually did wire transfer at his bank instead of online banking, there may not even be an automatic confirmation email sent to you . He will have transaction reference details which he has to send to you to prove he has sent before noon EST on Monday. You will not receive money in your bank acc instantly
Payment by Paypal is best - instant and no need to run down to some branch to collect money
:)

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422971055.786610.jpg

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I assume he will be doing a direct wire to your local bank in hcm from his bank in usa?Does he have all your account information?

Yes western union would be instant as the above poster mentioned.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Western Union is virtually instant but they charge a 10-15% fee which can start to add up when sending large amounts of money. This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever seen on this site and I hope he pays you soon. In my experience with shady people it's more so about the getting away with it then it is about the money. I think that Barry really gets off by stringing people along.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hey, at least his reason makes sense for once.

Too bad his communication isn't so hot. Here's hoping that he can get to them bank in the next 6 hours to do the wire.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

leminhnam, it certainly isn't your responsibility or obligation in any way to do this, but when and if you finally get concrete proof that your payment has been sent, you may consider sending this message to Barry:

"I have received confirmation of your payment and will let all those who have been following this know that you finally came through. I know that you promised to have all the other players paid off by January 28th (the date of your planned flight to the Derby) too and not just me, and the public is wondering if you followed through with your promise to also pay off those other players that were still owed money. Can you confirm if everyone is now paid completely in full, or are funds still owed to some players? I will pass that information along as well."

Last edited: