Pro Players and Tattoo's

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny, if you have a smart phone you can take a photo of it and send it to me.

JoeyA

That would be the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to do this. However, will that document also validate some of the claims he has made regarding his service? I hate to think that JohnnyT would be making claims like that that isn't true. I had him down as a better man. Please let me know JoeyA.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Johnny, if you have a smart phone you can take a photo of it and send it to me. Or you can have someone else take a photo of your DD214 and PM me their telephone number and I will call them or you to give you my phone number where you can send the photo.

Once I have the photo, I can upload it to the Main Forum WITH YOUR PERMISSION.

JoeyA
Thank you Joey, but want to do this myself. I will get scanner tomorrow. Johnnyt

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would advise "redacting" a LOT of personal information if you are planning on posting a DD 214 on here.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I will go out and buy a scanner to post my DD 214. I will do this NOT for you but for Joey A and others I care about on here. Johnnyt

Johnny,

If it's legit, I will give you a public apology.

If you actually had 5+ MOS changes in 2 years time, you might be the first i nthe history of the US Armed forces, so you have to understand how odd this sounds. Especially with a MOS "in the low 600's".

Eric

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Johnny,

If you actually had 5+ MOS changes in 2 years time, you might be the first i nthe history of the US Armed forces, so you have to understand how odd this sounds. Especially with a MOS "in the low 600's".

Eric

I don't want a fn thing from you. John

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just because you said "pool players" doesn't make this about pool this is some garbage npr shit. just say what you mean, which is "i don't like like people with tattoos" which, by the way, is some ignorant, scared old man shit to say. what a dumb, blanket statement to make. take this crap outta here, i shouldn't have to come on a pool forum and read about some weird old guy's prejudices...

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny,

Eric

Yeah, but he cleared all that up. He had "2 or 3 in the low 600s." LMAO!

What does that even mean? I spent almost 20 years in the Army and that's a new one on me.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
just an fyi;

in the us army I have served with some guys who had multiple mos's but I can't say any had 5.

It may be that there are related mos's that carried different #'s for different certifications (somewhat speculative). Johnny said he was trained in a few mechanic mos's and perhaps that could account for a few of them.

To be more clear on what I'm saying, I came out of Ft Lee, VA Quartermaster school with dual mos's, this training was right after basic training at Ft Jackson.

76Y10 and 76Y30 which were supply, and small weapons repair (45 cal sidearm to 50 cal machine gun), and there was also a separate specialized logistical training beyond these other 2, however, no mos number was assigned that I'm aware of.

The point being it may be possible to receive some training on additional vehicles/tanks/whatever that picks up some added mos's similar to how civilian mechanics get certified on certain lines.

I think we can keep our minds open to such a possibility.

And regarding Johnny killing someone in an alley in Alaska, what I read was him saying someone pulled a knife on him in an alley after he won some money gambling and that he, Johnny, had a biggr knife. Did I miss Johnny say he killed the guy?

And regarding Johnny saying his entire unit perished in Viet Nam; I think I read that differently, too.

What I read Johnny say was that a couple of weeks after his discharge, his entire unit was deployed to Viet Nam and *best he could tell* none ever returned home.

Very possible I could have missed something so, please, let me know if I got any of this wrong.

thanks,
brian kc

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And regarding Johnny killing someone in an alley in Alaska, what I read was him saying someone pulled a knife on him in an alley after he won some money gambling and that he, Johnny, had a biggr knife. Did I miss Johnny say he killed the guy?

I'm not the best with this sort of thing so, please, by all means, correct me if I got any of this wrong.

thanks,
brian kc

I made sure to get the next post also, where JohnnyTs original unedited statement was "I heard he died of a sharp pain"...... So yes, I take that as him claiming he killed the guy. He edited his post after he realized he was confessing to a homicide.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care for tattoos. I almost got one when I was 20 (a ying-yang), I thought it would be cool. Now, at 52 yrs old, I know it was one of the best decision to not get it. Me at 52 with a F'ing ying yang on my shoulder!? WTF was I thinking?

To all of th people who have them, have fun answering little Susie grandchild, "Hey Grandpa, what's that on for arm?" Well little Susie it's a skull, a carp, a pistol, a Chinese letter that I don't know what the F it means, etc, etc, etc." "Gee Granpa why would you do that?"

Tattoos are a life long memory of a bad decision.

It's wearing today's clothing style for the rest of your life.

To each their own, what they decide to do to their skin. I find them repulsive.

Call me bigoted, old school, I don't care.

I'm with the OP, they are disgusting.

And I'll pay to have a donkey put on the forehead of the First jackass that wants another piece of "body art"!

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Times are changing Johnny. There are plenty of things I don't like about the changes myself. The world as we knew it is going to hell in a handbasket.

Tattoos, ehh ... I don't care if they paste crap all over their face, body, and whatever else they can disfigure.

Permanently disfiguring yourself is a personal choice, a foolish one IMO, but it's none of my business. Everyone has a reason, from enjoying the art, to lacking self esteem, being a lemming and doing what others of their peers do to whatever else motivates someone to do that to themselves. It's their business and none of ours.

Now, to take your kid out to get tattoos if they are too young to realize the implications of never being able to take back the move, well ... that's something else again.

According to Wikipedia kids in some states kids can get tattoos if they are under 18 yrs. of age so long as parents consent to it.

This is ridiculous IMO since the kids don't understand yet, and the parents could easily but flakes, and that's a sad and unfortunate thing that can't be taken back, and a kid has to live with the rest of their lives when they get old enough to realize they wish they had never done that to themselves. I think the age should be 21 minimum, and even at that age, rational decisions are far and few between.

I know, cause I was 21 once ..... no wait, twice ..... no three times ... + LOL.

At least with piercings they can heal up if they start butchering their kids or themselves and change their minds later. Tattoos turn to wrinkled blobs of black indiscernible ink when you get old. Silly as far as I'm concerned. But other than that ... I say, knock yourselves out, enjoy, I sure don't give a damn.

My feelings about women and tattoos. Same as guys, none of my business, but in my eyes it makes them look cheap. They don't call em tramp stamps for nuthing. Hey I may think they are tramps, and they may think they are merely advertising. :rolleyes: Whatever, I don't have to like it, but it isn't my body that's being done.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JohnnyT has at least one tattoo, so I dont think he finds them disgusting. He just likes to complain about what folks do, while acting like he is better than other people. :grin:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=1121791&postcount=21

Maybe. I would tend to think of it as, JohnnyT wishes he never got it.

To me to go back and look up posts to make a person look bad is poor taste.

It could be similar to ordering a case from a vendor who refuses to pick up a phone call to discuss an order. Or maybe go on a forum and trash workmanship of their leather work. Or getting an item from a case maker, and realize every time they open there mouth in a billiards forum they are diminishing the value of the case they bought from them, because future buyers are turned off by their comment.

Just sayin'

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I don't care for tattoos. I almost got one when I was 20 (a ying-yang), I thought it would be cool. Now, at 52 yrs old, I know it was one of the best decision to not get it. Me at 52 with a F'ing ying yang on my shoulder!? WTF was I thinking?
To all of th people who have them, have fun answering little Susie grandchild, "Hey Grandpa, what's that on for arm?" Well little Susie it's a skull, a carp, a pistol, a Chinese letter that I don't know what the F it means, etc, etc, etc." "Gee Granpa why would you do that?"
And I'll pay to have a donkey put on the forehead of the First jackass that wants another piece of "body art"!

Are you nuts? Do your really think some little girl is going to understand the pros, or cons, of Grandpa's tattoos? What's the next thing she going to ask him. "Weren't you worried about contracting Hepatitis from a dirty needle, Grandfather?" Jeez.
I have a small heart (about the size of a nickle) on my right arm. It cost me fifty-cents, and it is not artwork, it is a memento. A remembrance of the guys I sailed with on a ship that is no longer in existence. Of times spent on liberty. Of times spent down in the hole making repairs to a boiler so we could get underway. And, memories of friends who went on to live lives of their own, many of whom are gone.
Yep, you're bigoted, old school, and Jimmy crack corn, you don't care.

Last edited:

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you nuts? Do your really think some little girl is going to understand the pros, or cons, of Grandpa's tattoos? What's the next thing she going to ask him. "Weren't you worried about contracting Hepatitis from a dirty needle, Grandfather?" Jeez.
I have a small heart (about the size of a nickle) on my right arm. It cost me fifty-cents, and it is not artwork, it is a memento. A remembrance of the guys I sailed with on a ship that is no longer in existence. Of times spent on liberty. Of times spent down in the hole making repairs to a boiler so we could get underway. And, memories of friends who went on to live lives of their own, many of whom are gone.
Yep, your bigoted, old school, and Jimmy crack corn, you don't care.

Oh man, the ol' heart tatt! Now that was a classic. Or maybe the small rose bud to remind us of the sweet little girl we left back in our small home town. Those were the good ones of yesteryear.

Yea, I should have just done the beer mug to remind me of my friends and all of the keg parties we had back n the day.

Maybe now, I could get a taco (because that's my favorite food......today!), and a shot ass of Jameson whiskey (because that's what I say I drink today). What a great memory!

The good news is, I won't have to use memory on my phone to take a selfie and post it to my utopian Facebook page, "Dayum! Got all f'd up last night. Check out my new ink! It a Chinese koi fish (I just love gold fish. Reminds me of 'ol flipper Mommy bought me at the pet store. I had to flush him down my toilet, but I least I have his memory here on my forearm). Feel free to "like it", I'm going for more Farm bs on this site.

Again, I'll pay for the donkey to be put on the forehead of any ink lover.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe. I would tend to think of it as, JohnnyT wishes he never got it.

To me to go back and look up posts to make a person look bad is poor taste.

It could be similar to ordering a case from a vendor who refuses to pick up a phone call to discuss an order. Or maybe go on a forum and trash workmanship of their leather work. Or getting an item from a case maker, and realize every time they open there mouth in a billiards forum they are diminishing the value of the case they bought from them, because future buyers are turned off by their comment.

Just sayin'

Im calling a spade a spade as I see it, if you have issues with that.... thats on you.

Not sure exactly what you are talking about on the rest of your post, but if you have any questions about me, my cases or anything else concerning me, please feel free to ask anyone who has ever had any direct dealings with me.

ps: I make cases because I like to make cases. If people like my cases and want to buy them, great! If not, oh well, my financial future is not hinging on making cue cases.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im calling a spade a spade as I see it, if you have issues with that.... thats on you.

Not sure exactly what you are talking about on the rest of your post, but if you have any questions about me, my cases or anything else concerning me, please feel free to ask anyone who has ever had any direct dealings with me.

ps: I make cases because I like to make cases. If people like my cases and want to buy them, great! If not, oh well, my financial future is not hinging on making cue cases.[/QUOTE

The "spade" you're trying to call is Johnny coming across as a hypocrite. And from reading the post you searched, reads to me he wishes he wouldn't have gotten the tatt

And from his OP, he was trying to promote a positive image of pool. And trying to discredit him in a bs way is where we differ in opinion.

As to your cases, I bought one. It's a good case. But do you want me saying I didn't pay anywhere near the price you originally asked for it?

Do you want me to pull up past posts and try to discredit your workmanship?! I wouldn't do that!

By each time you get involved in these conversations, you are reducing the value of MY (your!!) cases. And when, or if, I want to sell it, I don't need your past history being brought up.

It's similar to another person promoting Darren Appletons practice video. Because of that guys comments, I would never buy DA's video.

Just sayin

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member

That's THE word, repulsive. And by the way, TIME OUT....... To the people who mark up their bodies, we have as much right to consider them repulsive as you do to display them to us and anyone else that might pass within eyesight.

Just because it's none of our business what you do to yourselves, doesn't mean being eye smacked with seeing them on someone doesn't leave an impression.

Isn't the public display of these things designed to stimulate a reaction from people?

I suppose it's too bad for you some of us think its repulsive, just like it was too bad for us to have to see them. :grin-square: :rolleyes: