July 20-23 Fight Night 15 & 16 Double Header! Big Table 10 Ball & 9 Ball

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yes it was horribly boring- i didnt see a SINGLE spectator on site watching the match though the room looked full. That's how bad it was. I paid for both nights and if i watched 12 games total, it was a lot.

Well I bought the match at about 9 pm last night expecting to see the finish, hoping to see Oscar charge. He had nothing left in the tank and Justin was taking so long, it must have been sheer torture on Oscar.

By midnight I was brain dead and gave up. My fun was trying to time their breaks on the I-phone. They were breaking pretty hard - 22 - 24 mph in most cases, assuming it's accurate doing it that way. I feet sorry for the commentators who had to endure it. They could have read War and Peace out loud in that time period.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I bought the match at about 9 pm last night expecting to see the finish, hoping to see Oscar charge. He had nothing left in the tank and Justin was taking so long, it must have been sheer torture on Oscar.

By midnight I was brain dead and gave up. My fun was trying to time their breaks on the I-phone. They were breaking pretty hard - 22 - 24 mph in most cases, assuming it's accurate doing it that way. I feet sorry for the commentators who had to endure it. They could have read War and Peace out loud in that time period.

Do you think the travel and recovery from it worked against Oscar?

I would think Oscar drove ....however long that drive is, and Justin had to fly.

Ken

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully Skyler can save the next match with his fast shooting.

He should plus Oscar wasn't the main cause. I just hope he has something left in the tank tonight. I said it right away that playing back to back to back to back those kinda sets could only hurt. I know mentally and physically i would be in a bad spot right now if i were him-even at his age. Hope he proves me wrong.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes it was horribly boring- i didnt see a SINGLE spectator on site watching the match though the room looked full. That's how bad it was. I paid for both nights and if i watched 12 games total, it was a lot.

We had a full gallery almost the entire match FYI. There were no seats in camera view. I certainly appreciate your opinion but no need to exaggerate to make your points.

Thanks,

Ray

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Do you think the travel and recovery from it worked against Oscar?

I would think Oscar drove ....however long that drive is, and Justin had to fly.

Ken

The Hard Times tournament (which Oscar won) was rescheduled to last Sat and Sunday, so you have two days of playing, then a 5 hour drive, then a grueling two day, 22 hour marathon Monday and Tuesday. I imagine Jesse was exhausted too.

Personally I think it was a rough schedule for Oscar to risk 20K on. I sure hope he was staked. I would take Oscar tonight on a good night's rest.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
We had a full gallery almost the entire match FYI. There were no seats in camera view. I certainly appreciate your opinion but no need to exaggerate to make your points.

Thanks,

Ray

FYI I thought you did a great job on the stream, camera angles and replays. You have steadily improved over the years - everything worked well.

I know you can't control the pace of play.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI I thought you did a great job on the stream, camera angles and replays. You have steadily improved over the years - everything worked well.

I know you can't control the pace of play.

I think a shot clock would be appropriate on these kinds of matches. There are some online chess timers that might work, if they could be modified for pool. Just put a laptop up there and hit the space bar when your turn is over. Hit again for time out. If it buzzes before you hit it, foul.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,

Ray

Was there a need for you to accuse me of giving phony live results on a match because they came too fast for your liking and to never apologize?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
The opinions and 'knowledge' spewing in this thread of people that are no where close to the issue is pure comedy.

One thing I will say about the AZ party line -- whenever someone wins they are the new champion and the other player is a has been or done. Oscar lost by 16 games. That is 8 mistakes corrected and they are even. He just beat two Filipino champions to win the Hard Times tournament.

My opinion, these races to 80 or 100 are used up and not something I care for. You get behind and see very little comebacks. Races to 25, post 4 or 5 sets would be much better.

Taking a 3 hour break today so another match on another stream can be watched????? Can't believe either player went for that. I'm totally against it and it is something that shouldn't have been even approached. Seems like the stream isn't taking account that the players involved are playing for substantial money.

Back to the recent match. Justin played solid. He has played this speed for many years. For someone to think otherwise, they don't follow much pool. To make an issue about him tapping his cue on a rail out of frustration is pure silliness. It is no big deal.

Justin always carries himself well at the table and has a high expectation for himself, which he should. When he wins, you won't ever see a European fist pumping, jumping into the crowd display.

Carry on.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
The match at one point last night was 65-55. Oscar had to win 25-14 from there to win. He could do that, especially in one race to 25. But mentally to do it at that point racing to 80 is hard, no matter how seasoned Oscar (or Justin if he had been behind) is.

18 minutes til they start. Well for 3 hours of pool and then a 3 hour break. Still can't stop SMFH about that.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
The match at one point last night was 65-55. Oscar had to win 25-14 from there to win. He could do that, especially in one race to 25. But mentally to do it at that point racing to 80 is hard, no matter how seasoned Oscar (or Justin if he had been behind) is.

18 minutes til they start. Well for 3 hours of pool and then a 3 hour break. Still can't stop SMFH about that.

IMO, a race to 30 or therabouts gets the job done while still not wearing down both the viewers and the players to nubs.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
While I understand "why a 3 hour break", I still don't think it's right for the players to get warmed up twice and not good for the PPV crowed to wait hours in the middle of the match. I think if CSI forced this, they are very wrong. The whole thing makes no sense. Johnnyt

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Taking a 3 hour break today so another match on another stream can be watched????? Can't believe either player went for that.
Carry on.

What's the story on the 3 hour break? Is this in the Oscar/Sky match?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I think they're doing it because CSI has their Deuel-Shaw 8-ball challenge match at that same time.

Seriously? They advertised this match "on the big table" clearly as the better alternative to the silly little CSI match on the box. Now they are delaying their match so CSI can get more viewers? How did CSI talk them in to doing that?