Making the wingball everytime

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem is there is no way to prove there is cheating so your opponent simply needs to change the game to one of Mr Jewett's suggestions imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be clear, I was not creating any gaps. I was trying to freeze all of the balls. It's usually not possible to freeze them all so once i got it close enough i analyzed the remaining gaps. And when i say "gaps" im talking about hairline spaces that you have to look very closely to see. Anyone can look at the rack before I break and it would never be rejected.

I am just very good at racking the balls tight and im also very knowledgeable when it comes to understanding which balls must be frozen and which don't in order to make the wingball.

Read your last sentence and you should understand why it is considered "cheating".

I do agree with other posters that your opponent had the right to examine the rack and chose not to but your explanation makes it clear that you know which balls to leave loose in order to make a wing ball.. So, if you deliberately do that, looks like cheating to me.

Read your last sentence and you should understand why it is considered "cheating".

I do agree with other posters that your opponent had the right to examine the rack and chose not to but your explanation makes it clear that you know which balls to leave loose in order to make a wing ball.. So, if you deliberately do that, looks like cheating to me.

I thought imade this clear but i guess not. I AM NOT LEAVING ANY BALLS LOOSE. I am trying my best to freeze all 9 balls.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
It's not cheating...

It is generally impossible to get a rack completely frozen. Getting the rack as tight as you can, and then analyzing the existing gaps is not cheating. If the opponent doesn't know how to do this, that's on him.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
You're not a cheater. Trying to get a tight rack, and looking at the rack, are not cheating. If it is cheating, there's something wrong with the rules.

I agree with this. He's not cheating unless he was purposely creating gaps in the rack.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
There is a very fine line between cheating or just not being an idiot... When I play rack my own I do the very best that I can to rack the balls with the intent to freeze them ALL...

IF the table is not racking right and there seem to be gaps every rack I will continue trying to rack them perfectly until a gap I know shows up.. I will not intentionally touch the balls or manipulate my efforts to create that gap but I also won't stop on a rack that I know is a slug.....

Am I cheating or just doing what is within my rights? Likely both.... If you have watched pro tournaments a lot of the pro players will do exactly what I do and go up table to break when they finally get gaps they know....

We have seen in events where the opponent has gotten out of their chair and demanded that a certain gap be fixed since we all know it makes the wing dead and in those instances we have seen referees and the players pound the balls into the cloth to try and fix problems and in many instances only made the situation worse...

There is a reason the Accu-Rack will be the official rack of the US Open again this year and that the World Title events use templates.... It's the only way to level the field, eliminate the 10 re-racks with opponent racks, and eliminate the black cloud of thinking that the winner of the event was the best rack mechanic and not the best player.....

We had 1 re-rack last year at the Open and it was the first match when Frost got them a little crooked.... 1 re-rack ALLLLLLL week on the TV table... Shane didn't win but he became an ever bigger legend in how he lost..... And HE wants to play again this year the same exact way as last year so he can win his 5th with people thinking he is cheating......

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Guys, if all the balls ARE touching & the rack isn't tilted then the wing ball goes every time.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
If you are breaking from the same spot, then I would say you were being a little shady. If you read the rack and had to change where you break on each rack, then I would say you are very smart.

JC

Coos Cues
Rack your own is stupid.

When I watch rack your own tournaments, everyone throws up a rack, massages the 1 ball, and gives themselves a "perfect" rack in zero time at all.
Flip it around so they are now racking for their opponent, and the same process takes 5 five minutes or more, and all of a sudden, nothing will freeze up.

Why is that?

LOL

This ^

You didn't do yourself any favors referring to yourself as a 'rack mechanic,' but aside from that, isn't the whole point of racking your own to give yourself a rack you can make a ball on and ensure a good spread?

This^

It's not cheating...

It is generally impossible to get a rack completely frozen. Getting the rack as tight as you can, and then analyzing the existing gaps is not cheating. If the opponent doesn't know how to do this, that's on him.

And this^

JC

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. You were cheating, IMHO. If you were racking your own, and knew there were gaps, you should have made sure all the balls were touching. Sounds like you are on your way to becoming a professional rigger.

What more did you know than him, besides that you rigged the rack?

Yup! I agree

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Manipulate the rack , use marked cards , play with loaded dice, do whatever you want, just don't complain when someone jumps up and down on your head for an hour when they catch you.

Tobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. You were cheating, IMHO. If you were racking your own, and knew there were gaps, you should have made sure all the balls were touching. Sounds like you are on your way to becoming a professional rigger.

What more did you know than him, besides that you rigged the rack?

I agree 100% and you even told on yourself to start it off saying you KNEW that the rack had gaps and you did not try to fix them . Karma is a B%$#H and she will come back to bite you .

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you were racking the balls & accepted the rack with gaps without trying to fix them because you knew the wing ball would go, you are cheating & that is not debatable.

I won't do rack your own in 9 ball especially since I know how to rack with all the balls tight & touching yet knowing the wing ball won't go at least 85% of the time (being conservative as I have played whole sets where strong breakers never made the wing ball). However I am giving a completely tight rack which I will let my opponent see without issue.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rack your own is stupid.
I hate rack your own.
I try my best to give my opponent the best rack I possibly can.
I expect the same in return.
Funny though how things work.

When I watch rack your own tournaments, everyone throws up a rack, massages the 1 ball, and gives themselves a "perfect" rack in zero time at all.
Flip it around so they are now racking for their opponent, and the same process takes 5 five minutes or more, and all of a sudden, nothing will freeze up.

Why is that?

LOL

Pretty much just demolished your own argument here. You 2nd paragraph humiliates your first paragraph. You can either rack good, or you can't rack good. The only people that don't like rack your own are usually the ones that can't rack good. "Best I possibly can" represents a vast range. Many try their best, and put forth a 100% honest effort in doing so. They are just *not good* at making the balls freeze up. Who should suffer for that lack of ability?

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is kind of "funny" that the cracks only appeared in the areas required to make the wing ball on the break. I smell a fish.

Huh? This post makes it sound like you don't like rack your own, because you don't know about the rack. The most reliable rack to "wire" the wing ball is a perfectly tight rack. There are many options that work almost as well, but none are as consistent and reliable as a perfectly frozen rack. No gaps are *required* to make the wing ball.

KMRUNOUT