Man playing as woman at APA nationals

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, let's recap:

1) a guy is wearing womens clothes and playing pool.
2) he can't win a game but people complain anyway, to get him dq'd
3) thread takes a turn and a guy from nc wants to fly anywhere to play high stakes. He also threatens to catch all catfish in your local lakes.....
4) some users are labeled as liberals or insensitive....

Ok, carry on :rolleyes:

lmaoooo......

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can not wait to see the thread started once the BCAPL decides to fully impliment Fargo across the board. What are gender equality people going to say about everyone playing in one event using their Fargo rating not their gender? Should be really interesting to read that one! As some posters have put it, "I'm getting the popcorn ready".

Lyn

Every time I see "Fargo" I think of people being shoved into a wood chipper.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you stop thinking about whether a tournament should let someone in who is dressed as a particular gender and instead think about someone who lives their entire life as a particular gender, you might see things differently. People like to post about the former, but this thread is about the latter. Given all the shit it brings (see this thread for a minor example), I don't think people change their gender for fun, they do it because of some more powerful reason.

If any male on this board wants to live as a woman for just 1 year in order to snap off the APA women's tournament then, (1) you're stupid, (2) good luck!

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allowing the act doesn't help the mental issue, it only enhances it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
You have to be strong to play pool?

That's obviously a different question than whether there's some sort of conflict between women wanting to be treated with equality and women not wanting to have to compete in pool tournaments against men.

There are also many physical skills and abilities other than strength required to play great pool.

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
I think their team name "Four Holes and a Pole" might have been a subtle hint LOL

Stones

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There shouldn't be any gender restrictions in pool, nor any handicaps.

Everybody play even up and wear whatever you want.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree with the first part of your statement, but the second part is shear stupidity.

I agree. Maybe he hasn't seen "people of WalMart" videos.??? There are definitely people in there that I would not want to be playing pool with or against, or even near. :eek:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
That's obviously a different question than whether there's some sort of conflict between women wanting to be treated with equality and women not wanting to have to compete in pool tournaments against men.

There are also many physical skills and abilities other than strength required to play great pool.

Tell that to Siming Chen, The Karens, and a handfull of others.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a misconception here is that the women HAVE TO play in this tournament, not the case. There are 2 different tournaments the APA has, the team event which is coed, in order to make it to the Nationals you and your team have to win multiple tournaments throughout the year. If you qualify they pay your transportation and hotel. There's around 735 teams. Although it's coed you can have a team entirely composed of women or men, they play each other in this tournament. I am friends with an all women team that competed in this and got 16th out of 735 teams. Yes, men and women play against each other in this.
The event that this situation with the transgender person occurred is the women's team event, entirely different than the one I described above. If your league has a women's division you can qualify through that. We do not have a women's division. Our league operator is offered a slot. He puts it out there to the women in our league. Once 5 of them want the spot it's theirs. They have to pay their own way. Participation in this event is entirely voluntary. Yes, the women's tournament consists of teams of women that WANT to play other women. They can play against men in the other tournaments, but not this one. That is entirely by choice.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I think the majority of America approves of this. They must, they keep voting those who promote this stuff into office.

What bath room did the he/she wanna be use?

Uni sex, if we were all the same sex and looked alike I think we would still cheat, steal, lie and fight.

I was born a guy, I like being a guy, I think I will stay a guy.

He used the men's room................ I was there

Kim

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Here are some facts about this topic to stop those guessing about who Norma is, and what the team's motives are.

I am from San Diego, and have been a part of this forum for over 10 years now. I know Norma. She has played in the local APA since the early 2000's - always as a woman. She has been playing on the Ladies league since 2012, when our local league operator started the division. No one has ever questioned Norma as a female. Maybe it is due to us living in such a LGBT friendly city, but not one of us, including our league operators, have ever thought to ask Norma for an identification for us to determine what her ID says. To us, Norma identifies as female, and has for more years than she has been an APA member - and a career 4 at that. And when I say identifies, I mean that every day of her life, and when she comes out to play, she dresses in modest heels, nice sweaters, and is more female every day than most of us live their lives.

There is no instance here of a guy dressing as a female to be a super whatever at their skill level. This is Norma's life we're talking about, not a trick or some move to get some sort of advantage against the other teams. All the ladies that play on her team also have never questioned her gender, because to them it did not matter. All she wants is to play league pool, and that was all she was doing. The subject has literally never come up with them, or the league operators, or the rest of the SDAPA membership.

Someone mentioned how they would be upset if they were on one of the teams that were beat before Norma had been made ineligible. For all of you who don't know, Norma is 82 years old. You're going to tell me if we're so stuck on what gender some one identifies with that you are upset by getting beat by an 82 year old man who has been never higher than a 4? Would you still like to tell me how putting an 82 year old, career skill level 4, should bring about all of this? This post, this hate, by some?

(Edited to include)
I was actually informed that she lost every match she was in prior to becoming ineligible. Yeah, quite an advantage there...

While what you say is true................. Norma falsified her APA application when he indicated that he was a woman........ and signed the document..............

He and his whole team should have been DQ........... they all knew and aided the deception...............

Kim

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
There shouldn't be any gender restrictions in pool, nor any handicaps.

Everybody play even up and wear whatever you want.

There are no gender restrictions in the APA..................... to play on a Ladies team............. you must be a lady.............. or it wouldn't be a ladies team...

Kim