2018 US International Open - Observations

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane, Skylar and Justin B. in the final twelve at the Open. Looks like we need ALL three of these guys at the MC imo. I'd definitely add Justin to the list if I were Captain.
Any way to forge some immigration papers for the Ko brothers? Say they were born in Taiwan but raised in L.A.? They'd be great on MC team, huh? ;)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane, Skylar and Justin B. in the final twelve at the Open. Looks like we need ALL three of these guys at the MC imo. I'd definitely add Justin to the list if I were Captain.
Especially if Justin were to win the thing, US champ and not make the team :shrug:

They should make it if any American player wins the US Open automatic bid for Team USA imo

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 10 years back I did a commentary for local TV on World 9b Championships and World Pool Masters. I realized a simple equation - for 1 hour of commentary I needed cca 1 hour of preparation to put enough facts together on paper to be ready to do a decent job in the commentary box ;) Basically you cant rely just on your memory in the box, you need to focus on other things in there :)

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'll have that in a small town with no sheriff.

Besides, we are an accepting world now. He can be what he wants to be.
He started out by saying something along the lines of, "I know I probably shouldn't say this, but..."

Then don't.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
At least, Mike calls them woman or women now.
He called them girls in the IPT 8-ball.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That match was much better.
Jason

Danny's an old warhorse now and he says some silly things once in a while, but he makes some good observations too. I guess I've grown accustomed to his voice and it's soothing for me to listen to him talk about pool. He's been one of my mentors for over fifty years and I'll damn sure miss him when he isn't around any more.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The commentary on the Little Ko/Grabe match was really good, imo. There was a good amount of silence (when no need for commentating), neither guy talked over the other, and the war stories were relevant. ha ha.

I wonder if we got lucky, or Pat gave the commentators some feedback.

Did you guys remember what Danny said about when he was in R.O.C. every day at 1PM would be a fight between two animals, and the same one would always win? Do you remember what they were?

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He said everyday at 1PM they have a cobra fight a mongoose, and every day the mongoose wins.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the late night crowd - John Schmidt and I spinning the tunes on Norfolk Top 40 @ 10:30 EDT.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Does anyone have any insight as to why certain matches are chosen or not for the stream. SVB and Orcollo battling right now off camera.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk