Need Help - Someone who uses Paypal alot

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Little late

This is a bit late, but I don’t transfer the money out of PayPal until the buyer is happy. Easy to do a refund that way.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You only owe the $776.50 that you received. The $23.50 is the price he pays for marrying Karen.

You should post the username so others know to beware.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You only owe the $776.50 that you received. The $23.50 is the price he pays for marrying Karen.

You should post the username so others know to beware.

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
the PayPal fees are paid so PayPal can provide their excellent business.......... it also ensures that both parties are have some protection from fraud................. it is the cost of doing business................ so both parties should realize that that money has covered the protection for you and it is lost.....................

MOVE ON

Kim

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You should have done a refund of $800 and not a money transfer . Paypal refunds all fees when you do it that way and no one loses anything. But if all rules are not followed Paypal is very frustrating to deal with on disputes. I would transfer the money back into my PayPal account and go to the original transaction and click on the issue refund button and give him a full refund. Paypal will not keep your fees. If he files a dispute that is going to be the end result anyway.

People are giving you the wrong advice on this telling you to just send him $800 or any other amount. You have to do it with the issue refund button or you are asking for trouble. If you send him $800 friends and family that is a gift and has nothing to do with the transaction. He could still demand a refund and you could lose another $800. Figure out how to get $800 into your account and issue the refund.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
1.Go to cashapp.com and sign up for a free account, or just download the app and link your debit and checking account to it, then transfer the funds to the cash app account. Transfer the 800.00 from your checking account to your Cashapp account.

2. Go to PayPal and link the new Cashapp account to your PayPal account as your preferred method of payment.

3. Add the 800 to your PayPal balance and the send it to him Friends and Family so no charges come off the cash sent.

It seems like a lot, but it's not really, or just ask your son he most likely already has a Cashapp account, or Venmo.

and doing this leaves you wide open for if the buyer is a bad guy, to say that the F&F gift he received was something separate and he is still owed for the orig transaction. I never like fooling around with F&F payments unless they are actual gifts.

If the op is having a litany of problems trying to do the simple refund then why not just send him a personal check by mail? This should satisfy the buyer and the op will have a record with his cashed check that he squared with the guy.

As others have said, the issue refund on the PP payment screen should not be very complicated to do but if it isn't allowing you to then send him a check is what I would do.

The world actually used to operate with checks being sent by mail. Crazy concept nowadays. :wink:

good luck,
brian kc

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If he returned the $750 to you, you should get that fee back.

Go to the original transaction and submit a refund. The original fee will also be removed.

Everybody will be whole.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a bit late, but I don’t transfer the money out of PayPal until the buyer is happy. Easy to do a refund that way.

Not a bad idea. I have paypal linked to a debit account and it automatically transfers. I also don't buy and sell cues on this website because of all the drama. I have a Schon and a Woodworth I'd like sell but not here.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Yes I also agree that you did a mistake, why do you withdraw the money out of PayPal before the buyer receives the product and is happy with it.

If you kept it there, then you just hit the "Refund" button and he will receive his full $800 back, you wouldn't suffer any cut, and he wouldn't suffer any cut either.

I don't know what needs to be done here, I think if it was me, I'd just pay the $800 back, maybe even extra for the PayPal fee's, probably something like $830

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess after he messaged for 3hrs that night and sent payment we thought it was a done deal. I say anything about refunding. I have never had a Man back out on a deal after payment. I waited until the next day and as soon as I transfer the money then he says a Wife demands refund. I only got $776.50 , it transferred to my bank card. I did not know you could not transfer back , I don’t understand why it is only 1 way and also when I try to link my bank to it gives me a error message. If I could get someone from a PayPal to help it may be simple to fix. But for 2 Days I have battled this and gained zero ground. What bothers me is that he backed out , he welched on the deal after we agreed and after he messaged us for 3 hrs. He should be satisfied he is getting $750 back and he needs to do the leg work on PayPal to recover fees for $50. Not my problem. He should have not backed out. Had he said something that night then it would have not been a problem. But the next day and here we are. I am in the middle of it. I cannot get PayPal to call me back. Why should I have to pay fees because he backed out I was keeping my end. I talked with a rep that 1st day who told me it takes 3 days for the money to deposit. The rep also told me if Ai had already mailed it and had a valid tracking number they would rule in my favor anyway and close any dispute. I keep messaging them so they know what is going on. He told me if I had sent it he would simply refuse the package. At this point I am sick of it. This is pathetic.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I guess after he messaged for 3hrs that night and sent payment we thought it was a done deal. I say anything about refunding. I have never had a Man back out on a deal after payment. I waited until the next day and as soon as I transfer the money then he says a Wife demands refund. I only got $776.50 , it transferred to my bank card. I did not know you could not transfer back , I don’t understand why it is only 1 way and also when I try to link my bank to it gives me a error message. If I could get someone from a PayPal to help it may be simple to fix. But for 2 Days I have battled this and gained zero ground. What bothers me is that he backed out , he welched on the deal after we agreed and after he messaged us for 3 hrs. He should be satisfied he is getting $750 back and he needs to do the leg work on PayPal to recover fees for $50. Not my problem. He should have not backed out. Had he said something that night then it would have not been a problem. But the next day and here we are. I am in the middle of it. I cannot get PayPal to call me back. Why should I have to pay fees because he backed out I was keeping my end. I talked with a rep that 1st day who told me it takes 3 days for the money to deposit. The rep also told me if Ai had already mailed it and had a valid tracking number they would rule in my favor anyway and close any dispute. I keep messaging them so they know what is going on. He told me if I had sent it he would simply refuse the package. At this point I am sick of it. This is pathetic.

Maybe I'm missing something here...if I have this correct the "buyer" wants you to eat the PayPal charges that he incurred after you sent the correct amount to him. If so, the fees are his to eat...I would wish him luck and let it go.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seriously, just write a check and mail it. If he balks then tell him he shouldn't have canceled the sale and he definitely shouldn't have sent the money back to you. Tell him you'll eat the first fee because you want to do right by him but he's eating the second fee and send him a check (money order/certified check and sent where he has to sign for it) for the $776.50 and call it done.

Other than the trip to the store for money order this ordeal shouldn't take up more than 10 minutes of your life at this point.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Seriously, just write a check and mail it. If he balks then tell him he shouldn't have canceled the sale and he definitely shouldn't have sent the money back to you. Tell him you'll eat the first fee because you want to do right by him but he's eating the second fee and send him a check (money order/certified check and sent where he has to sign for it) for the $776.50 and call it done.

Other than the trip to the store for money order this ordeal shouldn't take up more than 10 minutes of your life at this point.
Eating the fee is BS to me .
The dude tried to defraud him off his cue.
The good ole let me have a refund and I hope you already sent the cue and you will never see your cue again.

A very prominent traveling cue repairman tried almost the same kind of move on me years ago. He agrees to buy 500 ferrules for me at yay amount. A lot more than $1 a ferrule .
He says check is on the way . I had the ferrules in the package and was just waiting for the check.
Check comes, and lo and behold. The check amount is $500. Oh jeesh, that is way short . He then tells me he's cancelling the check and sending another one. Well, I was not dumb enough to send him the package. A week or two later, still no check.
He claims he already sent the check. Yeah, sure . After another week or two , I call him. Where's the check? He says then wait till he gets back from the road. A week or two later he cancels the deal because he says he did not make money on the road.
Yeah , sure .
The whole thing smelled like the Travelers knocking on my door and offering to repave my driveway.
Or some dude offering to fix the dent on my car.

Some people are shameless. Hell, let's make that A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SHAMELESS.

That includes this dude who tried to snag that cue .
He doesn't deserve a dollar of the OP's money.
He can have the refund minus the PP fees, if any.
And he can wait .

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

He tried to defraud you.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now really isn't the time to give a hard no on the refund though.
Right away, maybe you could have but it wouldn't be kind.

I believe you have the cue and the money?

I'd suggest you tell him- in writing:
-you really want to do right and minimize his troubles with the matter, but you have reached the end of your efforts on this and he needs to accept the cue or a refund that deducts the PayPal fees taken.
- if he doesn't want the cue he can have a check for what you got to deposit mailed quickly or he can let PayPal know you've agreed to a refund but can no longer reverse the transaction through PayPal.
- give him a week to give you final choice or you will mail that check, for what you deposited.

Whatever you send, make him sign for it!

Get everything in writing!