Biado vs Sky UPDATES

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skylar's making a push!
I just tuned in to report the score. Skyler had apparently made some super stroke shot (that I missed seeing) and the announcers were going on and on about it, and Sky was super pumped and running around the table.

Still man, I turned it off. These long ass races are a drag.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just tuned in to report the score. Skyler had apparently made some super stroke shot (that I missed seeing) and the announcers were going on and on about it, and Sky was super pumped and running around the table.

Still man, I turned it off. These long ass races are a drag.
I agree, these long races are stupid. I’m not sure how it became a thing, but it’s bad action.

best
Fatboy

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I agree, these long races are stupid. I’m not sure how it became a thing, but it’s bad action.

best
Fatboy
TAR certainly weren’t the first to do it (e.g, The Color of Money with Efren and Earl), but I remember the format becoming popular/more prevalent after TAR.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TAR certainly weren’t the first to do it (e.g, The Color of Money with Efren and Earl), but I remember the format becoming popular/more prevalent after TAR.
I remember well, you are 100% right.

Horrible for action & pool. I’ve came to this conclusion after a long time. Just my opinion.

best
Fatboy

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Tonight was a great night of pool they both came with it quite a bit. 120-101. . there won't be a rematch🤣🤣.

I do think Carlo vs Dennis would be a hell of a match. Its pretty clear that Sky did not bring out Carlo's best game. He won easy and just cruised.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tonight was a great night of pool they both came with it quite a bit. 120-101. . there won't be a rematch🤣🤣.

I do think Carlo vs Dennis would be a hell of a match. Its pretty clear that Sky did not bring out Carlo's best game. He won easy and just cruised.
I will say this. Skylar has the right idea. He gets in there and skirmishes with the best players he can find (Dennis and Carlo). That's a good way for him to see where he's at and hopefully improve his game. If he is ever going to be a factor in the major tournaments where all the top players are participating he needs to cut his teeth in matches like this. Shane did it before him, going over and over to the Philippines and playing the best they've got.

Playing Races to Five in the MC might help him learn how to deal with pressure (and it has) but he needs to elevate his skill set to be a competitor at the top level. I hope he's learned something from these recent matches that help him become a better player. Shane has been our lone eagle for a long time now.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I will say this. Skylar has the right idea. He gets in there and skirmishes with the best players he can find (Dennis and Carlo). That's a good way for him to see where he's at and hopefully improve his game. If he is ever going to be a factor in the major tournaments where all the top players are participating he needs to cut his teeth in matches like this. Shane did it before him, going over and over to the Philippines and playing the best they've got.

Playing Races to Five in the MC might help him learn how to deal with pressure (and it has) but he needs to elevate his skill set to be a competitor at the top level. I hope he's learned something from these recent matches that help him become a better player. Shane has been our lone eagle for a long time now.
That's how you get seasoned.
Dennis took a ton of beating in the Phil. before he got to where he is now .
He was not the most talented but he was the hardest worker .
Biado is a pittbull. Chua said he plays everyone there even ( outside of Dennis ) but he asks for weight from Biado because Biado is just way too good .

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Biado is a pittbull. Chua said he plays everyone there even ( outside of Dennis ) but he asks for weight from Biado because Biado is just way too good .
Carlo does make the game look easy, the way he swings that cue ball around for perfect position over and over again. I think the Pinoys do that better than anyone else, along with the Chinese champs, who also handle that cue ball superlatively. And you notice they don't need to labor over every shot. They see it, they shoot it!

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what happened but Sky dropped out of playing the bar table 10 ball rematch with Dennis this coming weekend. SVB and Dennis will be playing now instead. Bar table nine ball with nine on the spot race to 150.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chua gets the 8 from Raga too

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what happened but Sky dropped out of playing the bar table 10 ball rematch with Dennis this coming weekend. SVB and Dennis will be playing now instead. Bar table nine ball with nine on the spot race to 150.
Maybe Sky's stakehorse got wind of some new information that he didn't like. Or perhaps Omega Billiards decided that the PPV viewers would prefer to watch SVB and Dennis take turns losing to each other. :oops:

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Sky's stakehorse got wind of some new information that he didn't like. Or perhaps Omega Billiards decided that the PPV viewers would prefer to watch SVB and Dennis take turns losing to each other. :oops:
That’s what I heard today. People putting up the money for Sky didn’t like what they saw during the Carlo match and pulled up. Just what I heard though. Don’t really blame them when Sky comes out and says he hasn’t been playing much and only practiced for a few days before the match with Carlo. Gotta be pretty mad at your money to bet against monsters like Carlo and Dennis if your horse who is already the underdog isn’t 100%.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t really blame them when Sky comes out and says he hasn’t been playing much and only practiced for a few days before the match with Carlo.
Always nice to see a pro player show so much respect for his stakehorses' money to not practice much before a big match. :rolleyes:

At least Skyler got his portion of the PPV money.

And people wonder why there's no money in pool.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s what I heard today. People putting up the money for Sky didn’t like what they saw during the Carlo match and pulled up. Just what I heard though. Don’t really blame them when Sky comes out and says he hasn’t been playing much and only practiced for a few days before the match with Carlo. Gotta be pretty mad at your money to bet against monsters like Carlo and Dennis if your horse who is already the underdog isn’t 100%.
It’s a little hard to understand why Sky doesn’t have the motivation to try to work hard to improve his game every day. I know he’s arguably the second best US player, but that has now been the case for a number of years.

It’s now evident he will never have what it takes to compete with a Joshua Filler or Fedor Gorst. Yes, I realize that’s an extremely high bar and perhaps an unfair standard to compare him to, but if we’re looking for a young American prodigy to do just that, he’s likely still cutting his teeth on Ra Hannah’s junior circuit.

Based on how he played 5 or 6 years ago, I really thought Sky would have reached that next level by now. Maybe he’ll hit his stride in his 30s, but when you hear stuff like this, it makes you wonder if he’s content where he’s at?

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its just a tough ass living trying to win tournaments when beast from overseas like Dennis, Biado, and Gorst starts showing up.

So that's why they do so many ppv's now.

The only thing they have to look forward to is the free money invitations to the Matchroom events.