The ULTIMATE F#¢* You?

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a guy around town that plays pretty strong and was always a tough sparring partner. We aren't super close friends but get along well enough and have mutual respect. But he is competitive as heck and I like to needle him sometimes.

One day we played a race to 21 in 10 ball for $50 and the table time. Just a good practice session. It was a tough table that broke poorly and it was a seriously tough set. It went hill-hill. He made a super strong run out to the 7 which was almost froze on the middle of the end rail. He had to land perfect to get a shot at the 6, then hit an all world shot to zig zag his cue ball through traffic for shape on the 7. He hit it amazing but after the cue ball bounced off the third rail he fell absolutely straigh on that 7 ball.

This was a tight table. There was no rail first, no cheating the pocket, no masseing, no jumping on the end rail. He couldn't follow forward or he'd scratch, same with draw. You couldn't even set it up with your hand as bad as it landed. He stared at it and sized it up for a good two minutes. Finally he elected to shoot a stop shot and just try to come with a long 8 ball from off the end rail. He missed the 8 and sold dead out. I tapped in the 3 balls for the win and he was just dazed, sitting in his chair trying to figure out how he didn't win the set.

After pocketing the 10 I walked by him and said to myself (quietly but loud enough for him to hear) "It always feels good to prove you're the better player"...

Somehow we're still friends :)

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I beat a young big guy in a 9 ball tournament and he comes up to me after the match and says” I played really bad so you should give me the entry fee back!” I called over three or 4 of my ”big” friends and we all had a good laugh at the kid!

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was practicing on a table and a young couple came in and rented the table next to me. Guy could play a little but she couldn't hold the cue. She said you play good can you help me. I spent about 20 minutes with the beautiful young lady and she was making great improvement. Her date says you think you are pretty good so let's play a race to 5 for 20. I replied sure money and the girl . He wasn't happy but she giggled.
I was wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt which I removed to reveal my black t shirt with GOT WOOD in 6" letters. He was not impressed but she loved it. I drilled him 5 nothing told him keep the money and the honey. When he went to check in their table , I told her "he is a punk and if he doesn't treat you like queen dump him".

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in Jersey about 1963 Ernie and the night house man Fast Eddie matched up playing 9 ball for 3 sessions over 3 days.
Fast Eddie beats Ernie for $1800 which was a lot back then.
Eddie never had a car but took the $1800 and bought one.
He named it the Erniemobile.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Had a couple guys lose their cues to me, of them did it playing for a dollar. Of course he kept going double or nothing until he was down about 500. I sold the cue while he was standing there.

Another one actually paid me a few days later, his cue was worth far more money and he was a little crazy. Stopped at the pool room late the next day and word was he was walking around drunk with a shotgun looking for me.

These days I try not to get under anyones skin (well there is one really really really bad loser that I like to needle).

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in Jersey about 1963 Ernie and the night house man Fast Eddie matched up . . .
I recall with amusement that all over the country for about 3 or 4 years after 1961's "Hustler" movie came out, it was hard to find any player who wasn't calling himself Fast Eddie, no matter what his real name was.

Couple of them even showed up with nutcase lady companions who called themselves Fast Edy.

Arnaldo

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Playing in an inter-county team competition where you play multiple people from the other team one rack each, I broke and ran the best table of my life, with two big-gap combos, an OB carom to open a cluster, another cluster opened with the cue ball, and some intricate positional play.

The guy was stood looking shocked holding his unused cue as I went to shake his hand. I was in that daze you sometimes get playing in the zone and I felt like I'd never seen him before in my life, but something just stopped me from saying to him: "well played".

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I was practicing on a table and a young couple came in and rented the table next to me. Guy could play a little but she couldn't hold the cue. She said you play good can you help me. I spent about 20 minutes with the beautiful young lady and she was making great improvement. Her date says you think you are pretty good so let's play a race to 5 for 20. I replied sure money and the girl . He wasn't happy but she giggled.
I was wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt which I removed to reveal my black t shirt with GOT WOOD in 6" letters. He was not impressed but she loved it. I drilled him 5 nothing told him keep the money and the honey. When he went to check in their table , I told her "he is a punk and if he doesn't treat you like queen dump him".
Did you twirl your cue at all hotshot?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

middleofnowhere

Registered
Isn't just winning the ultimate F you?
I used to run around and lots of times I played in places where I took a lot of guff especially playing their local champ and I was the only one in the place who know that I was going to walk out with the money. The ultimate F you is the disrespect of being polite and cool as you win.

Last edited:

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing in a handicapped tournament about 2 years ago. The first set I have to play this guy that I’ve never seen before. I have to win 8 games, he has to win 4. I think I won the set 8-2 anyway as we were shaking hand he says. I’d like to play you some one pocket for $50 a game. I replied You don’t want to do that and walked off.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a little race to 3, 9 ball tourney and beat a better player 3-1 who was also a known A-hole. After I eliminated him he said, "Well this is your lucky day!" I responed, "I was lucky? I thought you were lucky to fluke in the one game."

Reactions: bbb

middleofnowhere

Registered
I was playing in a handicapped tournament about 2 years ago. The first set I have to play this guy that I’ve never seen before. I have to win 8 games, he has to win 4. I think I won the set 8-2 anyway as we were shaking hand he says. I’d like to play you some one pocket for $50 a game. I replied You don’t want to do that and walked off.
Your story reminded me of something.
I was at a tournament with Big Bob and he had just lost his match. As the guy was putting away his cue and yucking it up with his friends Bob Walked over.

Not interrupting just waiting for them to finish. Bob said, "Excuse me", " Would you like to play some for real now"? Of course he was not going to play but Bob politely put him in his place.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one more, same joint maybe 2 weeks before the last one in this thread. Different customer.

This was in 88 as well, still had the Color of Money movie goers who thought playing pool was easy. lol, some did manage to become much better than me over time. But first coupe years it was easy.

So a kid asks me to play for $20 or $40, I can’t recall. Was a easy game I knew so what ever he wanted. Race to 7 I think. Wasn’t a race to 5, he wanted to play longer. What ever the customer wants. He had it was about to finish high school. Good looking kid.

So we played that set and another for the $20 or $40. After the first 2 sets he wanted to keep going. Ok not a problem, was 0% I could lose. The 5 ball was probably the honest line on the game and I wasn’t a very good player yet. I was a B player at best.

Long story short the last set was case $ fir him, was a weird number I remember and I told him I’d pay the time before we tee’ed it up. I won $140-$150. Seems like $140 was the win. Time was nothing back then. Took a couple hours I was happy. He was HOT that he lost and made a bad game. I let him shoot a lot, gave him a good show. Then it got bad…….

He goes out behind the pool room and punched the wall hard. Thankfully it wasn’t me. He hit the wall so hard he broke his ulna and radius bones just behind his wrist. Forearm bones. That was only part of the bad part.

Remember I said he was a good looking kid? He had a modeling gig in the Caribbean set up to leave in a week that paid $5,000 in 1988. Big money. He lost that gig because his arm was going to be in a sling all summer. I saw him about a week later. I apologized-he didn’t care.

After these 2 incidents I was out of action in that pool room forever. I went back in once. House man said “you got a lot of balls coming in here”. I affirmed his comment, reminded him they both asked me to play-I didn’t trap them. I left a few minutes later in the interest of personal safety. I never looked back.

Was small money but at the time I needed it bad. I had just bought my new SW and had to pay for it. $371 with delivery. I still own that cue to this day. I’ll never sell it.

Best
Fatboy

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in Jersey about 1963 Ernie and the night house man Fast Eddie matched up playing 9 ball for 3 sessions over 3 days.
Fast Eddie beats Ernie for $1800 which was a lot back then.
Eddie never had a car but took the $1800 and bought one.
He named it the Erniemobile.
LMAO!!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Texas there is a bread brand called Butter Crust, it has been around for years. Bought out some years ago by a bigger company.

Anyway after "getting lucky" to win a local tournament match the guy I beat mentioned I got a lot of rolls. I said, "That is right, that is why they call me Butter Crust!!"

Some side trivia:

If you know the Austin Texas area the Butter Crust plant was on Airport Blvd...not far North of Eric's(now the Grand) and the long closed Moyer's. On a day with a northern breeze you could smell the bread baking in the parking lot of either place.

Last edited: