For format of the CSI ten-ball was complete rubbish.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
They are called “Ring Card Girls” I used to hire them for the fights in Vegas. The auditions were the best part. The casting couch was a real thing lol. Good times in the early 2000’s
Was that in your Bigdog days, before you become known as Fatboy😅🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
"Let's charge people not that interested in pool to watch pool, that's how you 'grow the sport'." Best business model ever.
Do you have Netflix? If not, I don't think you make a difference to the 200M subscribers they DO have. You're under the impression only Americans watch pool!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
"Let's charge people not that interested in pool to watch pool, that's how you 'grow the sport'." Best business model ever.
You GROW the sport through organization and leadership, contrary to your beliefs, people will PAY for quality entertainment.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was that in your Bigdog days, before you become known as Fatboy😅🤣
They started calling me Fatboy in 86 at the pool room. The name just stuck. It’s not something I made up.

I do miss the days of the ring card girls and ya I was printing pretty good then. Funny how that works…..money & girls. I out moved all the gold diggers, I beat them at their game. I’d flash the cash, get what I wanted and sent them packing. I never spend a $ on a girl like that. Their own greed was their downfall. 🤣😂. Most guys soemd $ on girls when they are making $. For me it was more fun to NOT spend and win.

Fatboy

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The people who show up to play in rubbish is nuts.

If you wears size 10.5 shoe why buy a Size 9 on sale, makes no sense.

If you hate an event contact promoter via diplomatic email tell them why you did not participate.

If they are smart they might read & listen.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
There were several 14.1 matches where the looser of the lag sits for the duration.
In fact, this was (WAS) considered the gold standard of wins.
Small correction. The loser of the lag in 14.1 would get to shoot immediately after the break. They might have sat for the duration of the match after their first shot but they did get at least one shot.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ok then 3 races to 6, win by 2 games. Or even 3 races to 4 or 5. But eliminate this single shot sudden death crap.

3 races to 5, win by 2 games, winner break first two sets, alternate break the last set if there is one. That would have engagement, should favor the better player and doesn't rely on a stupid spot shot to determine the winner. Lag for first set, other player breaks first second set...Man, I'm starting to like this format I'm coming up with. Lag again for tie breaker set.

Jaden

Me and this dude did spot shots on a snooker table and neither of us missed for 30+(15 each) shots and finally gave up.
According to Mike these are not spot shots.

If the snooker table was similar to what they have in England I would have to go broke betting against making the spot shot 15 times in a row even if pros were shooting it. That's a pretty good result between you and your buddy.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There's several pro golf tours that have pro-am events.
When was the last Pro event that required the Pros to have a Fargo rate of higher than 775 to play? How many events are held every year that require a Pro Fargo rate to play in? See, that right there is the problem, all there ever IS, is ProAm events, where's the Pro's ONLY events?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
When was the last Pro event that required the Pros to have a Fargo rate of higher than 775 to play? How many events are held every year that require a Pro Fargo rate to play in? See, that right there is the problem, all there ever IS, is ProAm events, where's the Pro's ONLY events?
In order to have only pros there needs to be a way to establish who the pros are. Using Fargo ratings is not the correct way. Especially not by picking a number and saying above is a pro and one point below is not.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I actually enjoyed the format. I didn't think I would, but it somehow had a chemistry to it. Short enough matches where some pool oddities that we all love can happen, long enough that the better player should pull ahead. You can't blame anyone but yourself for missing in the shoot off. What a true test of skill. You, the table, and whatever you can do to avoid missing. I was surprised to see how shaken some of the guys seemed at having to shoot shots that intermediate players have to swing at regularly. After seeing this, I'd like to see Earl's "placement pool" or a game of horse for 50K in the middle. Imagine the nuts it would take for a pro to make a 10% shot twice in a row.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a spot shot championship I'd prefer cue ball frozen to the head rail. Whoever makes the most consecutive spot shots wins the tournament. Add some loud music and an announcer screaming in the background. Fans jumping up and down yelling.

Eliminate that boring pool in between.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
According to Mike these are not spot shots.

If the snooker table was similar to what they have in England I would have to go broke betting against making the spot shot 15 times in a row even if pros were shooting it. That's a pretty good result between you and your buddy.
The ball was on the spot but the cue ball wasn't all the way back in the D or behind the string, it was closer to the half way point on the 12 foot snooker table. I would say it was of a similar difficulty to what they were shooting in this tourney. It was also with simonis, not the directional cloth found on official snooker tables.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Well, there's plenty of no good player events. Try to find a tourney these days that allow players over 600 to play, 700... it ain't easy...

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I actually enjoyed the format. I didn't think I would, but it somehow had a chemistry to it. Short enough matches where some pool oddities that we all love can happen, long enough that the better player should pull ahead. You can't blame anyone but yourself for missing in the shoot off. What a true test of skill. You, the table, and whatever you can do to avoid missing. I was surprised to see how shaken some of the guys seemed at having to shoot shots that intermediate players have to swing at regularly. After seeing this, I'd like to see Earl's "placement pool" or a game of horse for 50K in the middle. Imagine the nuts it would take for a pro to make a 10% shot twice in a row.
The problem with it was showcased with Shane... One skid (yes, Shane's ball DID skid) and you're out.

Jaden