US Open 9-ball updates thread..

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Improbable for sure, but Trump winning vs Shaw would be great for pool...
Why
7-0. To be fair to Judd, Shaw is playing 800+ Fargo pool right now. Which of course includes severely punishing opponents mistakes.
My guess is that this is a honeing exercise for Trump. Going into the real Money events it's good to know humility.
lol now that's funny 😂, As I said earlier he had no chance playing upper tier players but has a great skill set , put him with Chip Klein for a yr his game would jump way up zero doubt,
He might be here for just for the challenge but my guess he's getting paid to be here ,to help promote rotation pool in the U.K. for Match Room as their putting on events like the U.K. Open next yr , that's why he's been on the TV table so often ,

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Easy there. Nobody insulted anyone. I think you have to admit that there is a "level" where maybe you should go play in a tournament better suited to your speed. How about 550 Fargo? What about a sub 500? This is the US Open and you are playing against the BEST IN THE WORLD. I'm about a 720 is Fargo (+/-10). Against a 800+ I will get my teeth kicked in...BUT I won't look like I don't belong. Or maybe I will? 100 points is a lot. 200 points is a joke.

There is a time and place for everything. US OPEN is not that place.
If it wasn't for those dead money players that maybe shouldn't be playing, there wouldn't be a US Open 9B event.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
DeLuna up 9-0 over Alex on the main table.

John Morra sent Ignacio home pretty easily 11-2.

Grabe sent Oi to the west side of the bracket 11-4. It was not streamed, but Grabe must have played like a monster with the swings. It was 5-0, then 5-4, I think, then history.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Why

lol now that's funny 😂, As I said earlier he had no chance playing upper tier players but has a great skill set , put him with Chip Klein for a yr his game would jump way up zero doubt,
He might be here for just for the challenge but my guess he's getting paid to be here ,to help promote rotation pool in the U.K. for Match Room as their putting on events like the U.K. Open next yr , that's why he's been on the TV table so often ,

To be fair he didn't get many chances and Filler, Alex and Earl just got drilled. Hell Alex didn't make a single ball.

Putting him with Chip would definitely put him near the top

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I suspect for an event of this stature Matchroom is not dependent on entry fees for prize money, I would think they have a bigger picture in mind.
You may have answered your own question here, most big money sports would not use this format.
Matchroom is not a sponsor, they're a promoter, yes, they NEED the dead money entry fees, where else do you think the prize money is going to come from, Matchroom?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair he didn't get many chances and Filler, Alex and Earl just got drilled. Hell Alex didn't make a single ball.

Putting him with Chip would definitely put him near the top
Im not slighting him one bit it's rotation 9 ball it can go south quick to even the best in the world, I think he's got serious skills that can transfer over to the game if he chooses to
His break is good , his stroke is top tier , he has pretty good safety but I think and I don't know for sure that the rails play much different he misses some kicks at balls a APA 5 makes every time,, zero jump game , Just little stuff I believe can easily be corrected with Chip ,I'd like to see it but where is motivation, if he has it , that would be right where I'd send him ,

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Matchroom is not a sponsor, they're a promoter, yes, they NEED the dead money entry fees, where else do you think the prize money is going to come from, Matchroom?
they sell it to the broadcasters and the broadcaster collect ad revenue, been that way since black and white.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So winner of these matches are through to the final 16, and the loser would just have to win their next match.

1631756601019.png

For those currently in the loser's bracket, it looks like they would need to win 3 matches to qualify.

gerryf

Where's Martin Scorsese? This is perfect!

The Colour of Yorkshire Pudding. (note that colour is spelled correctly)

Act 1:
Young Judd, raised in England, is torn from his ancestral home by the death of his mother. Forced to live with his estranged father in West Virginia, Judd is distressed to learn that his father is doing poorly, and may lose his farm.

Act 2:
Young Judd (picture Mr. Bean in the role) sees an ad for a US Open pool tournament with $100,000 as prize money. This is more than enough to save his father's farm. Young Judd has played snooker and decides to enter the tournament.

Act 3:
Young Judd wins his first few matches, and then runs against Macbeth, a famous Scottish player known for his temper and his peg leg and eye patch. Macbeth angrily berates the referee for not cleaning the balls properly. "Out damned spot"
and he humiliates Young Judd on the table, beating him 11-1.

Act 4:
Young Judd is now on the B-side, but does nothing but practice and practice. Young Judd starts beating his opponents on the B-side, and wins his way to the semi-final where again he faces the dreaded Macbeth.

Act 5:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Some nice looking matches tomorrow:

Shane vs. Francisco Sanchez Ruiz

Appleton v. Gorst

Omar vs. Chang

Grabe vs. Shaw

Ouschan vs. Kazakis

Oi vs. Wu Kun Lin