Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mentioned earlier that people I know who attended Schmidt's presentation said it was a great event, and they also said anyone interested in straight pool should attend. I think that's the rub. There aren't a lot of people that appear that interested in straight pool yet, but Schmidt seems to draw a crowd. His 626 was a very good thin for straight pool.

In our local league, there's more than 600 players, and I think only 4 ever play straight pool.

For the high run challenges, I belatedly started logging the number of viewers for the live stream, and for Shane and Jayson it got up into the 600's, for Earl in the 500's, and for Ruslan in the low 100's. I had thought Ruslan's numbers would be higher, but maybe it's just the time zones that make a difference.

But looking at the 'views' for the videos, and recognizing that they're very limited in what you can take from it,
- Shane's best numbers were 7500 views for his Day 1 video, and that was over 10 weeks
- Earl's Day 1 video had 32000 views, and that was over 2 weeks.
- Ruslan;s Day 1 video had 3200 views, and that was over 9 weeks.
- Jayson's Day 1 video had 40,000 views.

Clearly Jayson is popular!!
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the views they are increasing in numbers as the word is getting out

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed, but minimizing it is completely different than being able to totally eliminate it. I would say a player who scratches once every 30 break shots is doing about as good a job as he possibly can, but it’s still going to occasionally happen, as we’ve seen.

It also needs to be said that with the only goal for this format being an extremely high run, means the break shot strategy is going to be completely different than it would be if it was in a tournament match.

In a tournament match, you can always be a little more conservative in how hard you are blasting into the rack, knowing that there is always the option of playing a safety if you get stuck. In this format, that is not an option, which is why the players are more aggressive on their break shots, which in turn leads to a higher chance of a scratch.

Sure, it’s always a possibility with balls flying around that you can get kicked into a pocket but there is much that can be done to keep the CB from flying straight in.

Lou Figueroa

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live stream viewer numbers right this second:

Reyes vs Reyes 1803
Ghorst vs Gomez 1842
Shaw 165

If Shaw gets on a good run again I think he can get 500.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I mentioned earlier that people I know who attended Schmidt's presentation said it was a great event, and they also said anyone interested in straight pool should attend. I think that's the rub. There aren't a lot of people that appear that interested in straight pool yet, but Schmidt seems to draw a crowd. His 626 was a very good thin for straight pool.

In our local league, there's more than 600 players, and I think only 4 ever play straight pool.

For the high run challenges, I belatedly started logging the number of viewers for the live stream, and for Shane and Jayson it got up into the 600's, for Earl in the 500's, and for Ruslan in the low 100's. I had thought Ruslan's numbers would be higher, but maybe it's just the time zones that make a difference.

But looking at the 'views' for the videos, and recognizing that they're very limited in what you can take from it,
- Shane's best numbers were 7500 views for his Day 1 video, and that was over 10 weeks
- Earl's Day 1 video had 32000 views, and that was over 2 weeks.
- Ruslan;s Day 1 video had 3200 views, and that was over 9 weeks.
- Jayson's Day 1 video had 40,000 views.

Clearly Jayson is popular!!
And Ruslan’s 14.1 is arguably the most beautiful. I suspect he’ll get more views when he comes back, unless people are just watching for thunder lightening boom boom bam bam straight pool on crackl.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I believe this event will raise Jason's stock value quite a bit in terms of endorsements and notoriety. This guy can dominate at any game he wants to. I was just trying to decided what kind of handicap I would need from Jason in 14.1 to gamble. What depressing thoughts those were. I'm embarrassed to even say what I think would be fair.
The best way to play 14.1 against a much better ball runner like Jason is to play 10 and stop from both players. That way you get a safety battle every 10 balls pocketed. If you can run 10 balls, and play a great safety game, you become much harder to beat.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the event itself is growing in popularity.

And keep in mind that each new player brings with them their own followers from other social media platforms, so things are beginning to build.

Lou Figueroa

also, you would get more views if you embedded the video here and for example on jaysons instagram (yes, outside platform video views count as much)..