Personally most annoying thing in pool.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the most annoying thing is all those that complain constantly over little things that dont matter and dont have the nerve to tell someone near them what they are thinking.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's called hyperhidrosis. Had it my whole life. Can't stand powder everywhere and it's a lot more convenient. Now you have a reason. You hate gloves...SO DON'T WEAR ONE! What's next on your list? You hate boxers? Briefs? Maybe you get annoyed if someone shakes it more than twice? I'm sure you'll let EVERYONE know at least a thousand times
Totally agree. Look, that guy is a trolling, errrrrr, person. I have a much better term but the lords of the forum might get all wadded up.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
The guy that:
brings his own balls and rack to the room
wears a glove
wears an apron
carbon fiber shaft
$30 chalk
has an instruction book open with hand written notes
does the same drill over and over
and cant run a rack of any game
Ha, I've been known to bring my own set of balls in when there's a real match to be had. Should be said that my local room has absolute garbage for playing balls. Not one set is matched and all are original equipment from when the place opened decades ago.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha, I've been known to bring my own set of balls in when there's a real match to be had. Should be said that my local room has absolute garbage for playing balls. Not one set is matched and all are original equipment from when the place opened decades ago.
Felt Billiards in Englewood,Co has top notch everything,tables,balls and food.
In over 60 years of playing in a lot of different rooms this one is in my top two.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Having to play someone in a tournament who's high.
You don't even have to be playing against them, just the smell of someone who was smoking weed is enough to gag a maggot. I don't know what the problem is but the current weed smells so bad that if one person was smoking weed you can smell them all over the entire room.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the most annoying thing is all those that complain constantly over little things that dont matter and dont have the nerve to tell someone near them what they are thinking.
Specifically chalk dust and powder on the cloth

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Felt Billiards in Englewood,Co has top notch everything,tables,balls and food.
In over 60 years of playing in a lot of different rooms this one is in my top two.
I really liked Felt when I lived in Aurora. What's the other favorite room in your top two?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really liked Felt when I lived in Aurora. What's the other favorite room in your top two?
The Ball Room in Toms River N.J. which is closed down.
It was inside an old bowling alley that was completely remodeled.
36 Gold Crowns with room for about 10 or 12 more that never got done.
Cat walk down the middle and a full service kitchen,great place.
Every night there was a waiting list for a table and packed with 100's of people.
All kinds of action every night for just about every level of player.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
You don't even have to be playing against them, just the smell of someone who was smoking weed is enough to gag a maggot. I don't know what the problem is but the current weed smells so bad that if one person was smoking weed you can smell them all over the entire room.

I think this might be due to the push for pot to be organically grown these days. Fertilizer from chemicals can be nice neat and near odorless. Organic fertilizer comes from the aft end of a horse!

Hu

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
It's probably because now adays they mix the pure strains with others to make higher octane.
Be like drinking a beer that's 50 proof.
The traditional 60's pure strains didn't have this Skunk/smell and I agree.
There is a commercial grow along the highway between my town and the next one upriver that's not enclosed in a bldg, It's non smokable stuff CBD grade thats not cultivated to smoke but for medicine boy, it reeks.
I'd hate to be down wind of an outdoor grow, be like living downwind from a dump site.:)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree. The current robots are boring as hell. Get players gambling together, mic them up, talk some trash, get some smoking. You'll sell out tickets
Weed's legal in a lot of spots.

Let um smoke a J every hour and see who gets the Snickers at the end of the day.

Rogan? You listening? 15 balls, random rack, shoot in order after the break and whoever makes the last ball wins the rack. Incoming player gets ball in hand after any miss.

Make them ponies run!

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the wives and girlfriends that try to distract by 'flashin''
anyone trying to shoot a game for money. I don't object,
far from it I just find it annoying when they are facing away
from me and I can't enjoy the view. chucklin'

hank

Last edited:

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Explain to me the difference between wearing a glove for golf, which is completely accepted, and wearing a glove for pool, which for you seems to entail some sort of stereotype?
Well, here's my take on this. I'm not anti-glove, and in fact I use one myself when playing in hot/humid conditions. However, when I see someone playing with a glove under normal dry conditions I do kind of smile to myself in the slightly smug and quite possibly erroneous assumption that they are to some degree a wannabe player. This is because when I first started seeing gloves appear in the pool rooms and leagues they were nearly always on lower skilled players that adopted every new gadget that came along, thinking each new gimmick was the answer to moving them from banger to world beater. The same guys that overestimated their own skill, didn't bother to practice between league nights or tournaments, and blamed their losses on bad rolls, sharking or their opponents' phenomenal luck.

Over the years gloves have become more widely accepted, and I realize that even accomplished amateurs and pros many times feel a benefit from them. I'll grant that now a glove is not the sign it once was of someone relying on a crutch to prop up their game, but I have to admit that when I see someone new to me using a glove it still makes me kind of want to take a peek in their bag to see what else might be lurking there. ;)

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Well, here's my take on this. I'm not anti-glove, and in fact I use one myself when playing in hot/humid conditions. However, when I see someone playing with a glove under normal dry conditions I do kind of smile to myself in the slightly smug and quite possibly erroneous assumption that they are to some degree a wannabe player. This is because when I first started seeing gloves appear in the pool rooms and leagues they were nearly always on lower skilled players that adopted every new gadget that came along, thinking each new gimmick was the answer to moving them from banger to world beater. The same guys that overestimated their own skill, didn't bother to practice between league nights or tournaments, and blamed their losses on bad rolls, sharking or their opponents' phenomenal luck.

Over the years gloves have become more widely accepted, and I realize that even accomplished amateurs and pros many times feel a benefit from them. I'll grant that now a glove is not the sign it once was of someone relying on a crutch to prop up their game, but I have to admit that when I see someone new to me using a glove it still makes me kind of want to take a peek in their bag to see what else might be lurking there. ;)
I understand completely, and would have agreed with you completely 20 years ago.
One of the things I always wanted to do was to walk into a pool hall with a flame-covered, and apa patch adorned case over my shoulder.
I would then proceed to put on a glove and pull out a graphite pool cue -also with flames or skulls or whatever. This is going back long before carbon fiber.
There is no way the locals would have seen me as a player and I was convinced I would be seen as a mark and get action.
Today, gloves are all too common and worn by anyone from eggs to pros.
I will never wear a glove. To me, anyone who is not making a living from pool or being paid to wear one, looks stupid.
I realize that isn't the case but gloves will always look stupid to me.
I still think CF shafts look stupid -and I shoot with one.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Whiners that bad mouth tourneys that don't handicap money (or cost more than $10), race length, aren't their favourite game, don't follow their preferred rules, and then don't bother showing up after the TD has lost the regs in an effort to appease them.

"$20 is so much money for a tournament, and I just don't see the value in playing all day for that much".
----"Is that a new CF shaft...?"
"Yep, anything to make my game better"
----:unsure: