More Pros Using Revo Shafts?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching online tournament matches recently such as the current Freezer's Icehouse event, it sure seems like increasingly more pro players are using what appears to be dark grey shafts which I can only assume are Revo shafts. Even players I thought were endorsing other cues such as Oscar Dominguez with Mezz, now appears to be using a Revo shaft in the match I watched late last night vs DeLuna, who was also using a Revo shaft. Many also seem to be using a Revo shaft on their breaking cues. Have others noticed this trend as well?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching online tournament matches recently such as the current Freezer's Icehouse event, it sure seems like increasingly more pro players are using what appears to be dark grey shafts which I can only assume are Revo shafts. Even players I thought were endorsing other cues such as Oscar Dominguez with Mezz, now appears to be using a Revo shaft in the match I watched late last night vs DeLuna, who was also using a Revo shaft. Many also seem to be using a Revo shaft on their breaking cues. Have others noticed this trend as well?
Quite a few are showing up. I've also noticed that the best players on the planet are still using some crazy stuff you get from a tree. I think its called wood. ;)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

The Predator BKRush has the Revo break shaft. It’s the best break cue I’ve personally used.

Oscar thinks the Revo is the nutz. His dad I believe uses one also, but he painted it white.

I think the Revo is the future. I’d like one with more deflection, not less.

Freddie <~~~ crazy like that

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Predator BKRush has the Revo break shaft. It’s the best break cue I’ve personally used.

Oscar thinks the Revo is the nutz. His dad I believe uses one also, but he painted it white.

I used one for about 6 months last year. I just never liked the sound or the feel of it, but it sure did shoot straight. I like my Mezz ExPro shaft just fine - just slightly more deflection than a Revo, but the tradeoff as to the solid feel makes it an easy choice for me. I find it somewhat surprising Oscar switched from a Mezz shaft to a Revo shaft.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I noticed Oscar using that shaft, too, and it looked to me to be the 12.9mm version.

That surprised me, because I think his previous shaft looked to be shaved down to be about 12mm, or less.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any top pro using a Revco...got it for free. Johnnyt

Define top pro:confused: And how did you come to that conclusion? Any actual proof of that? I am asking because Predator site shows their pro team and I can definitely name couple of pros using Revo who are not sponsored by Predator. You may be surprised that about 20% of players at Eurotour use either Revo or BK Rush or both...

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane van boening is using a black shaft, I don’t know if it’s a revo or cuetec, but it is a black shaft, is he allowed to use a Revo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane van boening is using a black shaft, I don’t know if it’s a revo or cuetec, but it is a black shaft, is he allowed to use a Revo?

It is a Cuetec carbon fiber shaft that they are creating. I think he may be using their prototype model.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a Cuetec carbon fiber shaft that they are creating. I think he may be using their prototype model.

Ah that make sense, so they created a black shaft aswell to compete with revo in the looks at least haha

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

I think I will try the Cuetec version if it is priced better than the Predator. I am a cue and case dealer and the predator(if not always back ordered) does not leave any room for profit. I recently heard the price to be aPredator dealer is $25k....

I wont deal in any product that the manufacturer will not share a fair profit with their dealers.

If its good enough for Shane, I am sure it will be great for me!

Trent from Toledo :thumbup:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

I just got a BK Rush with the sports wrap. I love it. My break was good before, but it's is great now.

_______

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Define top pro:confused: And how did you come to that conclusion? Any actual proof of that? I am asking because Predator site shows their pro team and I can definitely name couple of pros using Revo who are not sponsored by Predator. You may be surprised that about 20% of players at Eurotour use either Revo or BK Rush or both...

Don’t waste your time, he’s just a grumpy old curmudgeon.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo has been “out of stock”at Syberts for almost a year now. What the deal with that.?
Maybe you need to be a pro to get one.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo has been “out of stock”at Syberts for almost a year now. What the deal with that.?
Maybe you need to be a pro to get one.

Its easy...Revos are manufactured in China now and their market is not saturated for the time being while China is the main market for Predator. So Predator China "eats" almost whole production of Revos while sending few sticks to Europe here and there. Nothing else to it...i got my Revo from China as well :D

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I will try the Cuetec version if it is priced better than the Predator. I am a cue and case dealer and the predator(if not always back ordered) does not leave any room for profit. I recently heard the price to be aPredator dealer is $25k....

I wont deal in any product that the manufacturer will not share a fair profit with their dealers.

If its good enough for Shane, I am sure it will be great for me!

Trent from Toledo :thumbup:

I was told from a good source that they will be about $100 less than the Revo's…….