Mark Griffin called today

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark,

Any chance you might change your mind? I'm thinking you would be much better off if you put this room in Stevensville, Michigan -- population 1,119. I'm sure people would be willing to drive in from all the neighboring villages.

It's not too late.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Keebie,
Please check your email. We sent that stuff on March 18. I sent you the signed receipt.

You had me worried for a minute....

Mark Griffin

mark told me while back he was gonna send me some cloth, balls and such for the school program...about i guess couple to 3 months nothing yet....

he had the surgey though...sweet its perfecto! so i aint worried aobut that....the equipment lol....schools out in two weeks marks healthy...i got all summer...dis kid aint wurried lol

some of you know i'm one bad mamma jamma when it comes to cooking......

i got marks number...i could call him....

but some of you said its gonna be nice place.....you know where some chit bag ass hat popping off a the mouth can hit the door...and you can find a fine gorgeous talbe...and...hopefully a great plate of food.

i'd love to give mark...and his business...an original dish.....

i need what the places is gonna be like....i'm sure theres draft art....

ill throw him a gold nugget on ze house.....because....neils my dad.

seriously though,
Greyghost

WOW!!! ok i gotta have a chat with the school! wonder if campus because its on a college campus got it lost? they do it too me offshore with parts all the time!!!!!!!!!

BRUTAL....

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
wow..yep...ill be darn. mr prem got the box....put it away safe...and forgot about the thing....and i asked more than once.....lol

such is life....thanks so much Mark Griffin, GLAD YOUR WELL!

-Keebie Fleniken

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keebie,
Please check your email. We sent that stuff on March 18. I sent you the signed receipt.

Mark Griffin

mark told me while back he was gonna send me some cloth, balls and such for the school program...about i guess couple to 3 months nothing yet....

he had the surgey though...sweet its perfecto! so i aint worried aobut that....the equipment lol....schools out in two weeks marks healthy...i got all summer...dis kid aint wurried lol

some of you know i'm one bad mamma jamma when it comes to cooking......

i got marks number...i could call him....

but some of you said its gonna be nice place.....you know where some chit bag ass hat popping off a the mouth can hit the door...and you can find a fine gorgeous talbe...and...hopefully a great plate of food.

i'd love to give mark...and his business...an original dish.....

i need what the places is gonna be like....i'm sure theres draft art....

ill throw him a gold nugget on ze house.....because....neils my dad.

seriously though,
Greyghost
Kudos to you for helping out with a school program for billiards. And keebie, maybe message mark before saying he didn't come through for you on azb?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Keebie,

Mark Griffin

Kudos to you for helping out with a school program for billiards. And keebie, maybe message mark before saying he didn't come through for you on azb?

your right, but i was thinking, more like i'm expecting a package from mark, i know he had been going through medical issues....i wasn't worried....like marks sending me a package guys....i had kind of back burnered it....i dont live in that town, its 3hrs away. Its been two months. offshore. shop work. back forth...that felt like 2 weeks. hope that makes sense.

-keeb

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your right, but i was thinking, more like i'm expecting a package from mark, i know he had been going through medical issues....i wasn't worried....like marks sending me a package guys....i had kind of back burnered it....i dont live in that town, its 3hrs away. Its been two months. offshore. shop work. back forth...that felt like 2 weeks. hope that makes sense.

-keeb
Ahhhh, right on. thank you for sharing the game we all love with the next generation

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin called today

I'm all OK with Keebie------

BTW, I forgot to mention that ALL THE INSULATION is new at this new pool room. I say that because it had been open 30 years and a lot of smoke had been present. Everything will be new - insulation, ceiling tile, carpet, even the underground plumbing.

The bathrooms will be nicer and cleaner than any pool room anywhere. (And they will stay that way)

That's all for now.

Maybe I can learn to post pictures - it would be interesting to show everyone what we have been doing.

Mark Griffin

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mark,

Just now seeing this, GREAT NEWS!!!! Now I have a reason to come to Las Vegas. Good luck on the new venture and enjoy it in the greatest of health.

Regards
-don coats

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
2017 us open one pocket

Just a little more info:

All right----
lets have a discussion on the dates for the 2017 US OPEN ONE POCKET.
It will be held at our new room in Las Vegas - which will open around August of 2016. It is in the old 'Pool Sharks' location.

The room is being completely remodeled. Everything is new; including the insulation, ceiling tiles, carpet, underground plumbing, electrical, kitchen and bar and equipment. And the bathrooms will shock you on how nice they will be.

All the windows will be gone and everything will be controlled by lighting. There will be 'about' 16 @ 7' tables and 8 @ 9' tables. All Diamond Pro-Ams. There will also be a beautiful Regina 6 x 12 set up for golf action.

To avoid short notice and to avoid date conflicts, lets try to find a date that makes the most sense to the most players. CSI will try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate. It may be a limited field because of 8 competition tables, but if it is an isolated event, it could run a day longer to hold more players. There will be a permanent streaming table and good food, full liquor and a few slot machines. A little bit of everything for everyone.

BTW - this will be a very comfortable room, your wife will feel comfortable watching and hanging out. This is NOT your normal 'pool room'!

So - help me out. What dates will work best?????

Mark Griffin

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I'm all OK with Keebie------

BTW, I forgot to mention that ALL THE INSULATION is new at this new pool room. I say that because it had been open 30 years and a lot of smoke had been present. Everything will be new - insulation, ceiling tile, carpet, even the underground plumbing.

The bathrooms will be nicer and cleaner than any pool room anywhere. (And they will stay that way)

That's all for now.

Maybe I can learn to post pictures - it would be interesting to show everyone what we have been doing.

Mark Griffin

doing it right mark....even without photos it sounds like its gonna be wonderful....SOMEONE MAKE THIS MAN A PHOTO TUTORIAL lol

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a little more info:

All right----
It will be held at our new room in Las Vegas - which will open around August of 2016. It is in the old 'Pool Sharks' location.

The room is being completely remodeled. Everything is new; including the insulation, ceiling tiles, carpet, underground plumbing, electrical, kitchen and bar and equipment. And the bathrooms will shock you on how nice they will be.

All the windows will be gone and everything will be controlled by lighting. There will be 'about' 16 @ 7' tables and 8 @ 9' tables. All Diamond Pro-Ams. There will also be a beautiful Regina 6 x 12 set up for golf action.

To avoid short notice and to avoid date conflicts, lets try to find a date that makes the most sense to the most players. CSI will try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate. It may be a limited field because of 8 competition tables, but if it is an isolated event, it could run a day longer to hold more players. There will be a permanent streaming table and good food, full liquor and a few slot machines. A little bit of everything for everyone.

BTW - this will be a very comfortable room, your wife will feel comfortable watching and hanging out. This is NOT your normal 'pool room'!

Mark Griffin

3-cushion billiards is a Cuesport. Sorry, still begging for a carom table. :thumbup:

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have thought room for one 10 footer as well? Sounds Great Mark - Is there a name yet? Alaska South or Chez Mark

Good luck - wish it was going to be open during Nationals in July but I guess I will just have to make another trip this year.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Griffin called today

Congratulations Mark!

I always liked that location. I had been a customer of Pool Sharks since 1998.

I hope for a few of the 9' ProAms to have custom pockets reduced to 4 and a quarter or so.

Looking forward to play often in your new pool hall.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Besides the fact that you're probably the most boring person on earth, I'm guessing you're probably a pretty terrible businessman as well. We're talking about Las Vegas. Not far from the strip... in the same complex as a "spa" that doesn't let you leave without a smile. So yea... you'll probably make a lot of money with soft jazz on the radio and a dress code requiring a sports jacket.

Everything in Vegas is in a strip mall with a happy ending spa. I doubt that's a predictor of failure.

I guess if anyone can make a pool room work in Vegas it's Mark. He has had a little experience.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Just a little more info:

All right----

Mark Griffin

What's the name for your new hall?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i missed the part where it was said whether it would be smoking or not, or partially.

i hope no smoking as his family idea will go out the window. and i dont get to see it.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Las Vegas pool room

I have never said this is a 'family pool hall' - quite the contrary. This is an adult 'recreation' center. Think about a 'night club' atmosphere with a bunch of pool tables. But without loud music.

You will enjoy it, that I can promise......

Markg

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
when i walk into a local room here....instead of world class billairds on the outside wall, my dyslexia kicks in when i start having ptsd about the crowd and loud music pounding....the letters magically read "Suicides"

when i close my eyes and i put it in vegas, in my waking dream i turn around from the hideous sight.....

and smile to find a building in front of me with Mark standing by the door with it open waving me in like willy wonka and the sign above reads in glimmering neon "HEAVEN"

and heyyyy you said you would send me some old balls for the school program.......you said they were there.....and they were not!

in their place were much younger balls....either that or your balls have aged pretty well Mark!

la programme de billiard thanks ya for the super pros. gave the shirts out.

going to the graduation next weekend will take some pics :)

thanks and best wishes,
Keebie