Warning Signs of Billiardism

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
An Oldie but a Goodie,

Do you ever feel guilty after shooting too much pool?

Do you ever end up shooting pool more than you planned?

Do you ever shoot pool for an hour or two before going to a
party where you know pool will be played?

Do you ever avoid a party because pool will not be available?

Do you find yourself sneaking extra turns at the pool table?

Do your family or friends ever argue with you about your pool playing,
or the money it costs?

Do you feel a need to shoot pool to calm down or relax?

Have you ever been unable to remember events that happened while you were shooting pool?

Do you shoot pool first thing in the morning to get yourself together?

Do you look for excuses to celebrate and does celebrating always mean shooting pool?

Do you shoot pool alone?

Do you shoot pool more than four days out of the week?

Do you ever shoot pool for several days in a row or over a weekend without ever unscrewing your cue?

Do you lie about your pool shooting or minimize the amount you shoot?

Have you ever been late for work or missed appointments because you were shooting pool?

Have you ever fallen or had accidents related to pool?

Do you look forward to shooting pool at a particular time of day?

When you are not shooting pool, do you think about shooting pool and plan times to shoot?

Are you shooting pool more than you did a year ago?

Does it take less pool to get you "in stroke" than it did a year ago?

If you answer yes to five or more of these questions, you may be in trouble with pool.

LOL

Relax and have fun the rooms need the business, enjoy it all.

highrun55

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My name is Terry and I am a Billiardholic.
I am guilty of most of those on the list.
One of them that stands out most is that I do avoid parties, places
where there is no pool table. Steak night, will there be a table there, no, sorry I'm busy that evening.
If I do happen to show up at a steak night, I generally eat and run.

Reactions: ACL

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hi

My name is pt, and I'm a billiardholic.
About 3 years ago I broke my arm...first time in my life.
I was laying there and the sweat started to pour.....
...and I was thinking through the pain....

***NOT MY *&^%$# BRIDGE ARM!!!!

Reactions: ACL

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Todd and I'm a billiardaholic.

I have avoided parties where there WAS a pool table only because I knew I'd be stuck to it and the others at the party would think I was lame.

Now that I think back to it, I should have gone anyway. Screw them. :)

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
My name is Jim and I am a Billiardaholic. I almost always play alone, many days I will shoot a game at noon just to take the edge off.:embarrassed2:

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
My name is Shorty and I am a Billiardaholic.
I am also guilty of most on the list and I love to shoot for a couple hours before I go out knowing there will be a pool table.

ric23

no stroke!!!
Silver Member
My name is reg and I am a Billiardaholic.
I am guilty of more than 5 things mentioned above.

I almost always play by myself and I am the kind of person that tells himself, just one more rack of practice and I am heading out...I say this for about an hour.

I have decided just this weekend to start joining a small handicap tournament as it may help me go home earlier....maybe.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
My name is Kickin' Chicken and as much as I'd like to discuss this, I am really pressed for time.

The pool balls are calling me.

I've heard that in order to reach out for help and mean it, one must feel like they've hit rock bottom.

I'm not there yet.

Coming 9 ball...gotta run guys, err...runout...yeah baby, just one more...

Best,
Brian kc

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi, i am a billiardholic.....i am guilty of more than half of those. heck i shoot pool every afternoon, rain or shine. i spend the morning on this forum and after, may watch a training video. last night i shot pool at 2 different pool halls! many mornings, i think, today i will skip playing because i don't want to get "burned out". ;) then by lunch time i am wondering, maybe i need a little more practice since i wasn't doing good on the long shots yesterday. do you think i have a problem and need to seek help? :confused:

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Mark, and I am NOT a billiardaholic!

Yes, I play every day, but I could quit any time.

OK, I start before lunch, but I am in complete control.

It's true that I play alone much of the time, but I am NOT addicted.

I don't need no stinking group therapy.

So there.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm a billiardholic. I hit my lowest point when I left my own wedding reception for an hour and 15 minutes to go shoot. I need help *sob*

And by help, I mean tighter pockets.

BrokeStroke-

It's all good.

To go hit some during the wedding reception is acceptable behavior. That's a normal-almost necessary wedding reception activity.(Did your old girlfriend go with you?)

Now if you took this break on your wedding night-that's a different story-more than your stroke mighta got broke.;) or bent.:sorry:

thanks for sharing

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Hi my name is Bill,
And I'm a billiardaholic.

God grant me the serenity to accept the shots I cannot change,
Courage to change the shots I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference...

Wheeljack

You Know It!
Silver Member
My name is Wheeljack and I'm a Billiardaholic.

I haven't picked up a cue since Sunday night. I tried to fight it, but ending up getting my fix for 3 hours that night. The blue on my hand at the end of it all reminded me of exactly how out of control my habit was.

Monday I showed refrain, but the game was still on my mind. My house is littered with pool paraphernalia. Mags in the living room. Cue cases in 3 different corners. League schedule on my kitchen table. The list goes on!

I don't think I will be so lucky tonight. I know I'm going to break (Literally!) and be back at that familiar place. Help me, help me...

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Do you find clumps of chalk piled up on your night stand? when you come home and empty your pockets, there is at least one piece of chalk... where you put it is your choice of course, but it does pile up after a week or so, right?

Do you check your wallet every day to see if you have an hours worth of pool time... or maybe check the price of some food items... and tell yourself, 'that could buy me 2 hours of pool time' maybe I could do without it.

Do you find yourself just going to the pool hall and sitting, chatting, wanting to play but cannot afford it?

When you go to a bar and hear the crack of the breaking of the balls, do you make an excuse to go and see what is going on?