Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page who has the best stroke in the world ?
Page 1 of 11 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
who has the best stroke in the world ?
Old
  (#1)
EAGLETRICKSHOTS
AzB Silver Member
EAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond reputeEAGLETRICKSHOTS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Wink who has the best stroke in the world ? - 11-06-2011, 07:03 PM

so most of the peopel i know ask me who has the best stroke ??? i say :Semihh Sayinginer of Mike Massey, what do you think ?

Old
  (#2)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

11-06-2011, 07:29 PM

Definitely neither. They, along with Larry Nevel, have the most powerful strokes in cuesports, but not the best strokes. A great stroke consists of power, finesse, touch and an accurate delivery of the cue ball.

Best stroke today might just be that of Jose Parica, although his is not quite on a par with that of Steve Mizerak in his prime.

Old
  (#3)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Definitely neither. They, along with Larry Nevel, have the most powerful strokes in cuesports, but not the best strokes. A great stroke consists of power, finesse, touch and an accurate delivery of the cue ball.

Best stroke today might just be that of Jose Parica, although his is not quite on a par with that of Steve Mizerak in his prime.
Actually, Sayginer probably has as much finesse as any pool player today. That's my conclusion after seeing him play balkline. He also plays 14.1 with amazing touch when goaded into it.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#4)
SeanC
needs practice...
SeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond reputeSeanC has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 07:37 PM

Semih Sayginer for sure. There are of course others...

Player: Schon STL-9 w/ 314-2 (pooldawg8's milkdud tip)
Breaker: Rick Howard Mace j/b with Samsara tip
Case: Instroke Saddle 3x5

Tip Tool: Last4Ever.net - Click here for my review of the last4ever tip tool

Old
  (#5)
brandoncook26
AzB Silver Member
brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 07:37 PM

May not be the best, but don't know that I've ever seen someone get more out of their stroke than Buddy Hall. So smooth and compact, very repeatable and he never needed that long stroke to get the power like some of the other guys.

Old
  (#6)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Actually, Sayginer probably has as much finesse as any pool player today. That's my conclusion after seeing him play balkline. He also plays 14.1 with amazing touch when goaded into it.
Point well taken, but billiards, though requiring a powerul stroke more often than pool, does not require the kind of speed control needed in pool. Admittedly, balkline requires better speed control than standard three cushion, but I don't feel it calls on you to control the cue ball's final resting spot with the precision demanded of you in pool.

Guess I agree with you, but only to a point.

Old
  (#7)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers

11-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncook26 View Post
May not be the best, but don't know that I've ever seen someone get more out of their stroke than Buddy Hall. So smooth and compact, very repeatable and he never needed that long stroke to get the power like some of the other guys.
Agreed, Buddy Hall's stroke was a thing of beauty.

Old
  (#8)
vinnyfromparis
AzB Gold Member
vinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond reputevinnyfromparis has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 07:52 PM

just a few.....
Yukio Akagaryamy, Ronnie Alcanno, Shane Van Boening, mika Immonen, Dennis Orcollo and for the female player Jasmin Ouschan Fu Xiao-Fang and Ga Young Kim....

Old
  (#9)
branpureza
Ginacue
branpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

11-06-2011, 08:04 PM

If the question were most powerful I'd have to go with Larry Nevel.

But since it's the "best" stroke in the world...

Rudolfo Luat.

Old
  (#10)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Attached Images

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆...𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 4% 𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗮 𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝘂𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀
~ $𝗛

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Old
  (#11)
Celtic
AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Celtic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 08:17 PM

Jimmy White. He had tremendous power, was able to spin the ball very well, and yet had top pro snooker accuracy to go alongside it.

He is no longer in his prime, but that guys stroke was a rock, he was a scary good player and one of the few snooker players who transitioned VERY well to 9-foots due to the power his stroke had. Few people I have ever seen look as solid as Jimmy was over the cueball.

Old
  (#12)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 11:19 PM

I'd have to go with Buddy Hall, especially in his prime.

I had a stroke. I had it when I came in, I KNOW I did

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Straight Pool is not a race!

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels:http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldhxbl..._Game.pdf/file

Old
  (#13)
richiebalto
AzB Silver Member
richiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond reputerichiebalto has a reputation beyond repute

11-06-2011, 11:58 PM

Buddy Hall also,that stroke of his,made him look like he was in total control at all times(which he was),he could do anything and everything with that powerful but controled stroke!

Old
  (#14)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
11-07-2011, 12:29 AM

There are so many guys who have an excellent and powerful stroke.
I would also name for sure Neil Robertson- this snooker-guy has such an amazing powerful stroke, really impressive.

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Old
  (#15)
Penrose Cues
AzB Silver Member
Penrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond reputePenrose Cues has a reputation beyond repute

11-07-2011, 12:51 AM

Corey Deuel
Effren Reyes
Semih Sayginer
Nick van den Berg
Frédéric Caudron
Earl Strickland
John Schmidt
Ronnie 'O Sullivan

That's my list...

Just my two cents...