Pacquiao learns from Behrman

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
came up short on payouts

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/11811-monies-missing-in-pacquiao-events/

I imagine he will make it good faster than BB but one never knows

The best is the quote of:
"Many players complained about the quality of the tables. The organizers did not bother to put carpet down on the floor, there were no chairs for spectators except in the TV Arena, some of the referees were so incompetent that they had to be removed and there was not even a scoreboard so anyone could follow the play. One player simply described it as “a mess”."

What do you expect when you stage a supposed world championship in a damn shopping mall. I pulled up that crappy stream a couple of times and it looked like they were using pool tables like what they use to sell at Sears. The last event they had streamed from there, the umpires could be seen watching everything but the actual play on the tables. Sad what "world championships" have been reduced to.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It's very early yet in this, but if it was Manny's sister in-law taking the money he should have her put in jail. How can Manny not know yet about the missing purse money...he was there for God sake? Someone also saved a ton of money on no carpet, cheap ass tables, no seats for fans, and I can imagine what else he or she saved on. Like I said...it's early in this mess, but saying Manny probably didn't know about the missing purse money YET, is a very bad start to the truth. Johnnyt

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pacquiao event

It is a real shame this event did not happen like it could have.

A few years ago, I made an informal proposal to some of the international promoters - but I wasn't really lobbying for a job.

I will offer it once more.

One thing that mark Griffin and the whole CSI crew can do is to put on a classy event. We have done hundreds of events and everything that can happen has happened.

If we have control on the table installation- the refs- the live brackets and the streaming, (and everything else that could compromise the overall experience) - CSI would entertain handling all the grunt work. We understand quality more than anyone else - so it seems.

It just is embarrassing to the industry to have such a rough finished product. Obviously we cannot do this for free - but we can work something out. The goal is to have a quality product.

It sounds simple - it won't be. I am particularly concerned about the table quality but good installers can do wonders. I think the situations in the past are the promoter has a good idea and good intentions - but delegates to people that just are not savvy enough to make it happen.

So for what it's worth. There it is. Obviously, there will be requirements - such as all money posted in advance and all that obvious stuff!

So the principals should contact me directly at markg@playcsipool.com. Please don't ask a bunch of questions in this thread because I don't have time to address them all. Remember, I'm still in recovery from major surgery for another 10-12 weeks.

But - with Manny trying to do something, I would like to help him to help pool.
We have more assets than anyone in the WoRLD for making this happen. I think it's time to get pool to the next level!

Respectfully,

Mark Griffin,CEO
CSI - BCAPl - USAPL - American Rotation - 6 Pocket, ctsondemand.com

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a real shame this event did not happen like it could have.

A few years ago, I made an informal proposal to some of the international promoters - but I wasn't really lobbying for a job.

I will offer it once more.

One thing that mark Griffin and the whole CSI crew can do is to put on a classy event. We have done hundreds of events and everything that can happen has happened.

If we have control on the table installation- the refs- the live brackets and the streaming, (and everything else that could compromise the overall experience) - CSI would entertain handling all the grunt work. We understand quality more than anyone else - so it seems.

It just is embarrassing to the industry to have such a rough finished product. Obviously we cannot do this for free - but we can work something out. The goal is to have a quality product.

It sounds simple - it won't be. I am particularly concerned about the table quality but good installers can do wonders. I think the situations in the past are the promoter has a good idea and good intentions - but delegates to people that just are not savvy enough to make it happen.

So for what it's worth. There it is. Obviously, there will be requirements - such as all money posted in advance and all that obvious stuff!

So the principals should contact me directly at markg@playcsipool.com. Please don't ask a bunch of questions in this thread because I don't have time to address them all. Remember, I'm still in recovery from major surgery for another 10-12 weeks.

But - with Manny trying to do something, I would like to help him to help pool.
We have more assets than anyone in the WoRLD for making this happen. I think it's time to get pool to the next level!

Respectfully,

Mark Griffin,CEO
CSI - BCAPl - USAPL - American Rotation - 6 Pocket, ctsondemand.com

So you going to manage an event in the Philippines or Qatar?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First time out of the pocket for a world championship event ,, you would expect some glitches ,I think thier minor and very easily correctable ,, ,,I'm more than sure the have a carpet layer a table mechanic and a few more chairs to be had
He should be commended for putting on a event that had all but a couple of the worlds top 25 players ,, a star studded field if there ever was one ,

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Barry gets a pass because he did so much for the players, having drug parties for them? Manny gets a pass because he's a champion boxer. I could care less as there were only two American men pros there. I don't think either one cashed anyhow. Johnnyt

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
So you going to manage an event in the Philippines or Qatar?

First thing I asked myself when I read it too. LOL.

CSI is tops in the U.S. IMO especially for big events like Nationals. I have no doubt CSI could do a great World Championship event in the states. Internationally is another animal. My guess is Mark meant if someone wanted to do a World Championships in the U.S. CSI could help get it done right.

I don't think the phone is going to be ringing off the hook anytime soon though.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
First time out of the pocket for a world championship event ,, you would expect some glitches ,I think thier minor and very easily correctable ,, ,,I'm more than sure the have a carpet layer a table mechanic and a few more chairs to be had
He should be commended for putting on a event that had all but a couple of the worlds top 25 players ,, a star studded field if there ever was one ,

Seems like there are always complaints about the equipment or venue at big international matches. So to me this is just par for the course. Far as I know all of the money for the World 10 Ball was there its just this side doubles event that got sideways.

$200K added on bad tables in a mall is still $200K added. Maybe the pitchforks should be put away and some polite inquiries and suggestions made to those who sign the checks.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
make it right manny

Well, Manny's future take in the Mayweather fight is supposed to be about
$80 million; $50K comparatively is a drop in the bucket.....Make it right,
Manny!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Should be getting the first Bar Table joke on this about now!

Well one event paid what it said it would, took place in about perfect conditions and had a stream that didnt look like it was broadcast through a potato.

Just sayin. Imagine what could be done with a budget.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry gets a pass because he did so much for the players, having drug parties for them? Manny gets a pass because he's a champion boxer. I could care less as there were only two American men pros there. I don't think either one cashed anyhow. Johnnyt

When they start putting that kind of money in USA events , you will certaily have more American players in it , however not many of them will be standing at the collection window ,

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Manny's future take in the Mayweather fight is supposed to be about
$80 million; $50K comparatively is a drop in the bucket.....Make it right,
Manny!
I was about to say the same thing but will have to wait till May3rd to cash his
cheque. Maybe Floyd will start a pool event after he wins:wink:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was about to say the same thing but will have to wait till May3rd to cash his
cheque. Maybe Floyd will start a pool event after he wins:wink:

I will be shocked if he doesn't make it right and correct the problems ,, he put this event on because he has a love for the game and he knows his country men are deeply intertwined into it ,, I doubt you'll see threads 4 months from now asking him to pay his winning participants

I also believe he will make sure in the future the complaints will be corrected and I highly doubt he will bring in third parties to do so

In the future however I hope he runs the event so it does not run the same time as the CSI USBT event , I also think both these event should be free streaming , I highly believe PPV hinders viewership and exposed , I think it would benefit more with free streaming because I think the viewership would be many times the PPV numbers and make it more lucrative to sponsorships

Last edited:

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Was this a WPA sanctioned event ? Where was Cutter Bill , Ian , Clive , Gavin or whatever his name is . Was he lobbying to be the next James Bond. This guy throws a rule book together and invests none of his own money. Sounds like a NFL team owner trying to get a stadium built for himself at taxpayers expense only there are no taxpayers.LOL , what a world.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
This has to be somewhat expected based upon the short notice... I have nothing but mad love for Manny trying to put this on but logistics take time and while Manny loves the game like we do I don't know a thing about the sister in law... To lots of people a pool table is a pool table... You call around and somebody agrees to bring you 100 or however many you need... I think the APA has a bigger budget and they have had some of the worst valleys in the history of pool from what we hear but I doubt it was Hubert or Bell making those calls....

With the shortpay it was rumored to have been a reduction in the main event to cover the WPA sanctioning fee... The shortfall was 10k and I would not be surprised if the WPA fee for doing dick was 10k....

The short pay on the doubles event was rumored higher but they also had about half the entrants expected... Will be interesting to see where the smoke settles on this but go ahead and break out the torches and pitchforks and Manny can pull a Bahdi and there won't be another one where he is "giving" his money away regardless of how much he loves the game and players......

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Manny's sister in law has some splainin' to do.
Pac has zero interest in short-changing the players .