HUGE Gus Szamboti "Family Cue" Unique Design

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AZer's,
Here is a very important cue made by Gus Szamboti for his very good friend Art Harris.
This cue was in the Harris family until his death. Then was given back to Barry Szamboti and sold later.
This is a very unique design. It is an Ebony Box cue, but inlaid with ivory in the windows. The backend is one of a kind. It has Gus' name engraved in an Ivory Window along with Art Harris and his family. Having an Ivory Joint and buttcap and a bushka ring with a leather wrap just top it off. Cue still remains all original with it 13+mm shafts just as Art left it.
This was a very important cue to Gus.
Hope everyone enjoys the pictures.
I'm debating making this cue available.
I will have a private conversation for a serious collector.
Ken Kerner
(qball623@aol.com)
914-715-4057

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Made my day just to see it! Thank you so much for sharing this fine old Gus....

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fabulous cue Ken. The province of this cue makes it one of THE key cues in the rich GS History. Thanks for sharing!
Phil

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Great example of Gus's unique work and his feelings towards his close friends.. Very nice

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Change

A great example of how Gus was ahead of his time and changed cues forever.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Gus's designs were light years ahead of his contemporaries. This is a prime example of a timeless and awesome design.....me like a lot.

TommyT :thumbup:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had one of the ebony box,box cues
it was nowhere near this nice

You have a truly remarkable cue
I have heard Barry speak of Art Harris many times

I would think you would hold onto this one

Dean

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fabulous cue Ken. The province of this cue makes it one of THE key cues in the rich GS History. Thanks for sharing!
Phil
Hey Everyone,
I appreciate all the nice words about my Gus.
This cue is a true masterpiece from one of the best of all time.
It is rich with history and shows the influence that Gus will always have on today's builders.
Best,
Ken Kerner

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gus

Amazing...

What a craftsman, precision inlays, beautiful balance in design, colors, etc.

Just think about the workmanship that went into this cue, precision cut inlay forms the old way and hand fitted.

BBC

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Hey AZer's,
Here is a very important cue made by Gus Szamboti for his very good friend Art Harris.
This cue was in the Harris family until his death. Then was given back to Barry Szamboti and sold later.
This is a very unique design. It is an Ebony Box cue, but inlaid with ivory in the windows. The backend is one of a kind. It has Gus' name engraved in an Ivory Window along with Art Harris and his family. Having an Ivory Joint and buttcap and a bushka ring with a leather wrap just top it off. Cue still remains all original with it 13+mm shafts just as Art left it.
This was a very important cue to Gus.
Hope everyone enjoys the pictures.
I'm debating making this cue available.
I will have a private conversation for a serious collector.
Ken Kerner
(qball623@aol.com)
914-715-4057

Great cue! Thanks for sharing. Any idea what year the cue was made?