Congrats to Danny Harriman 379 Ball Run Highest Ever on Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootingRazbone

He got all the rolls
Silver Member
Congratulation also to Max Eberle. Max is a truly one hell of a nice guy and a great player. I have never seen Max anywhere when he was not kind and gracious enough to say hello. That having been said Max may not remember me. Its been a long tim

Damn Im in your town and I havent seen you in a cpl years lol

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny -

I do have a question.

To me with your skills going over 100 is no big deal on nerves because you have done it tons of times....

When and do the nerves start kicking in? Over 200? Over 300? or never?

I hope to see you at 527 soon my friend.

Ken

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop Bashing This Thread

Great Job Danny.....
Thanks for promoting 14.1

Stop bashing Willies record, it serves no purpose.
Let's all promote our wonderfull game.

This is a thread about Mr. Hariman's great run.

Not a thread about Woodstock.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Where and when did Danny shoot his 379?

Congrats Danny! This is good press that may stir up more interest in 14.1. :thumbup:

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there anyone alive that saw Mosconi's run? I am only asking because Louie said to me a couple of times - and this may have just been the jealousy of one pool player over another - that Mosconi actually missed a hanger in the middle of his run and the crowd told him to keep going. I was rather 'green' in my pool knowledge at the time so didn't question him on it further.

I have heard there were many witnesses for the Mosconi 526 ball run including a lawyer who signed an affidavit, who witnessed and authenticated the run on paper. The only thing I found strange about the story of the run, was from Mosconi himself. In one interview he stated he stopped shooting, because he was tired. So in other words, he was saying he didn't stop the run on a missed shot. Then there was another interview from Mosconi where he states that he missed a tough cut shot at 526. I don't understand why he had the 2 stories about the run. I still believe the run happened, but don't quite understand the two different versions of it. He might have just thought it would sound better if he said he just stopped.....I'm not sure:confused:

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
That affidavit was done after the fact.

If you take the time to make an affidavit, then I'd take the same amount of time to make sure that it wasn't questioned. Get people to print their names, and their address.

There is a thread somewhere on here about someone trying to locate all the people from that list, and it was found that there were no survivors left.

Here's the affidavit attesting to the legitimacy of the 526: http://amhistory.si.edu/archives/images/d9744-4.jpg

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can say that again and again and again and again........

WOW! That is spectacular.

Wish Danny would show up for the Ultimate 10 Ball Championship as well as John Schmidt. Their rivalry is second to none.

Danny is a great friend of mine. I call him from time to time.

Back in 2008 when I was living in Lees Summit, Mo, Danny was running a straight pool league at Side Pockets. Did a great job and kept everyone excited about the game.

Glad to see your still knockin'em in.

And hey everyone, here's a guy that just loves the game and is quietly doing it for the love of it for sure. Danny's love for the game is about as pure as it gets.

Hope a sponsor will step up to the plate and make you an offer. I know I would if I could.

This guy is good for the game.

Hope to see you out there in the future strutting your stuff all over the world again.....

Your true friend gene.........

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, a thread about Danny H.'s great run gets hijacked to start a conspiracy theory that Mosconi's run was bogus, and Willie was a liar. Really? That's on the same level as people who believe we didn't land on the moon.

BTW. Congratulations Danny!

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
A Lawyer ?

I have heard there were many witnesses for the Mosconi 526 ball run including a lawyer who signed an affidavit, who witnessed and authenticated the run on paper. The only thing I found strange about the story of the run, was from Mosconi himself. In one interview he stated he stopped shooting, because he was tired. So in other words, he was saying he didn't stop the run on a missed shot. Then there was another interview from Mosconi where he states that he missed a tough cut shot at 526. I don't understand why he had the 2 stories about the run. I still believe the run happened, but don't quite understand the two different versions of it. He might have just thought it would sound better if he said he just stopped.....I'm not sure:confused:

A lawyer who signed an affidavit...Oh no now it may be in question, LOL.

Congrats, Mr. Harriman

No offense to Dmgwalsh ! :)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It wasn't just the lawyer who put the affidavit together, there was also the room owner, Mosconi's opponent for that match, and the referee for the match that signed the affidavit. I think it strains credulity that those folks, along with the 33 others, would sign a false affidavit.

As to the two versions about how the run ended, I've also heard that he said he just got tired, but have never seen the interview, so it would be interesting to see exactly how (if) that was said. The reason I say that is because after the run Mosconi did say that he'd been getting tired anyway. So he might have just been misquoted or taken out of context. It is worth noting that in his biography, he says he missed.

As to living witness to the run, the 50 year anniversary of the run was in 2004 and the "Springfield News" did a commemorative section. In it they interviewed some guys who were there, so at least there a few alive not that long ago.

Lou Figueroa

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, a thread about Danny H.'s great run gets hijacked to start a conspiracy theory that Mosconi's run was bogus, and Willie was a liar. Really? That's on the same level as people who believe we didn't land on the moon.

BTW. Congratulations Danny!

Dude that's a full blown misread. I never said Mosconi's run was bogus or ever in question. There were 33 witnesses that signed an affidavit to authenticate the run alnog with a lawyer in attendance. This is a thread about Danny's run and I congratulated him on that incredible feat!! It's unreal to me when someone can put a run like that together...I was only wondering why there were two stories from Willie about the run. He probably ran so many balls all the time that details began to get fuzzy:). His 2 quotes are below

In his autobiography, "Willie's Game," Willie (with co-author Stanley Cohen) writes: "I finally missed a difficult cut shot, but by that time I was weary; it was almost a relief to have it come to an end..

Mosconi often rapped around nostalgia with a run of 526 balls he says --"I never did miss," he says, "I got tired and quit.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
It wasn't just the lawyer who put the affidavit together, there was also the room owner, Mosconi's opponent for that match, and the referee for the match that signed the affidavit. I think it strains credulity that those folks, along with the 33 others, would sign a false affidavit.

As to the two versions about how the run ended, I've also heard that he said he just got tired, but have never seen the interview, so it would be interesting to see exactly how (if) that was said. The reason I say that is because after the run Mosconi did say that he'd been getting tired anyway. So he might have just been misquoted or taken out of context. It is worth noting that in his biography, he says he missed.

As to living witness to the run, the 50 year anniversary of the run was in 2004 and the "Springfield News" did a commemorative section. In it they interviewed some guys who were there, so at least there a few alive not that long ago.

Lou Figueroa
The late George Rood talked about Mosconi quite a bit when I interviewed him. I never heard George doubt Mosconi's run (he was apparently not there), but he did comment on the table, which he said was 8' with "rather large" pockets. George actually owned the room for a while after the run, but that specific table was already sold (maybe even sold a few times, lol -- since there were several similar tables in the room).

I don't see anything wrong with comparing or contrasting Danny's fantastic run with Mosconi's historical run -- it's a natural to do that -- even though they are kind of apples to oranges given the equipment changes over the years.

For Danny to capture his run on tape lends credibility for sure! Congratulations, Danny!

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Dude that's a full blown misread. I never said Mosconi's run was bogus or ever in question. There were 33 witnesses that signed an affidavit to authenticate the run alnog with a lawyer in attendance. This is a thread about Danny's run and I congratulated him on that incredible feat!! It's unreal to me when someone can put a run like that together...I was only wondering why there were two stories from Willie about the run. He probably ran so many balls all the time that details began to get fuzzy:). His 2 quotes are below

In his autobiography, "Willie's Game," Willie (with co-author Stanley Cohen) writes: "I finally missed a difficult cut shot, but by that time I was weary; it was almost a relief to have it come to an end..

Mosconi often rapped around nostalgia with a run of 526 balls he says --"I never did miss," he says, "I got tired and quit.

Punter was commenting towards me as he has been known to follow my posts around this site. I wasn't trying to hijack but the 526 was brought up first and wanted to know how it was confirmed. Again, I said it was probably Louie's jealousy that made him say that. I believe Louie had a run in the high 300s himself. The affadvait signed is good to me. Back then, I am thinking that people weren't so formal in signing for contracts/affadavits, etc. as they are today. Thus why they didn't print their name, addresses, or other info.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My post was not directed specifically at you (I would have quoted you if it were). The first post about this was from Watchez, where he said he was told Mosconi missed a hanger and continued anyway. I read that as saying the run was bogus and Mosconi lied. JMO.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Punter was commenting towards me as he has been known to follow my posts around this site. I wasn't trying to hijack but the 526 was brought up first and wanted to know how it was confirmed. Again, I said it was probably Louie's jealousy that made him say that. I believe Louie had a run in the high 300s himself. The affadvait signed is good to me. Back then, I am thinking that people weren't so formal in signing for contracts/affadavits, etc. as they are today. Thus why they didn't print their name, addresses, or other info.

Don't flatter yourself Watchez. (And that's partially why I didn't quote you, so you wouldn't show your usual paranoia.)

Last edited:

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know Jay in addition to the 10K you can maybe consider charging the people trying to break that record by charging them say 500.00 and just add it to the pot. Say three people tried that would be be about 1500 so know the pot could be 11,500.00 just a thought.

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.