*** Biggest bar table event ever was? ***

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the biggest added money single bar table event to ever take place? I'm talking one tourney, not the apa nationals.

Helpful info would be the added money, the entry fee, the winner, and when/where it was held.

Thanks

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was just interested. no bet.
but having a bigger one is always an option, lol

If I know anything about a Guy who bets high and drives a Benz..He doesn't gain interest without a motive..Make it happen..And give me a job at the door or something..ha ha

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think Rum Runner if you count the calcutta.

I'm not counting any calcuttas. it would be white diamonds then without a doubt. Just looking for tourney part itself. I thought they had a big one in Texas a few years ago, an 8 ball event. do not remember details.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recall vaguely reading in these threads a while back there was some single event with 500 or 1000 players that paid over 100k to the winner. One of the champions won it. Maybe it was in the 80's? Think it was a barbox event. Again, this is a vague recollection of reading something. I have no first hand knowledge of it.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What do you mean by biggest?

Number of tables?
Number of players?
Size of purse?

US Bar Table is pretty good sized,
40 Tables and 200+ in the 8-Ball division.

Mark Griffin

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you mean by biggest?

Number of tables?
Number of players?
Size of purse?

US Bar Table is pretty good sized,
40 Tables and 200+ in the 8-Ball division.

Mark Griffin

yes that is a huge event. And great one, I've been but have not played.

I was just looking for biggest added $ and payouts to one single event. Just to see what's been done before.

Btw, my favorite is the bca, always has been.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the biggest added money single bar table event to ever take place? I'm talking one tourney, not the apa nationals.

Helpful info would be the added money, the entry fee, the winner, and when/where it was held.

Thanks

Back around 82 or 83 there was the World Series of Tavern pool put on by Miller Lite.
For $10.00 you could win a local and got a regional and win airfare, hotel and entery to a $25,000 added 8 ball and a $15,000 9 ball.
The first was won by John ( Omaha John) Shuput with Ernesto Donminguez second.
I could be very wrong about the added money and my memory is not what it once was.
I think there were like 1200 in the 8 ball and 1400 in the 9 ball. It was at Ceasars in Vegas and after 9 days, I was sick of the place.
oh, and Gary Pinkqowski won the first 9 ball.
That was the greatest event I have ever seen.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back around 82 or 83 there was the World Series of Tavern pool put on by Miller Lite.
For $10.00 you could win a local and got a regional and win airfare, hotel and entery to a $25,000 added 8 ball and a $15,000 9 ball.
The first was won by John ( Omaha John) Shuput with Ernesto Donminguez second.
I could be very wrong about the added money and my memory is not what it once was.
I think there were like 1200 in the 8 ball and 1400 in the 9 ball. It was at Ceasars in Vegas and after 9 days, I was sick of the place.
oh, and Gary Pinkqowski won the first 9 ball.
That was the greatest event I have ever seen.

Thanks lewis

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lexington All Star Bar Table Championship was $25,000 guaranteed, which occurred in 1985. It paid $7,000 first place, but it was the calcuttas that told the story. It was a full field of 128 players. It was held in Lexington, Kentucky. The finals came down to Keith McCready and Ismael "Moro" Paez. The calcuttas added up to about $12,000 for first place. Keith bought himself in both calcuttas.

Moro had Keith stuck 13 to 7 in the finals, going to 15. Keith caught a gear and Moro never shot again. Winner winner, chicken dinner. Keith 15, Moro 13. :cool:

At the same tournament, Keith got into action with some guy named Tony Ellin, played a race to 21 for 17 big bags. Keith was stuck in that match, 17 to 14, but Keith again caught a gear and beat Tony 21 to 17 for the cheese. :thumbup:

Keith said Johnny Archer bet 4 big bags on Tony Ellin and lost, which Keith said he was glad about that. :embarrassed2:

It was a good tournament for Keith. :grin:

Reactions: sjm

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
They had a big one in Olathe one year -- over 200 players - probably late 90s. And also did a $1000 a man, I believe 16 player event, race to 15 single elimination, on Saturday night. Matlock stole all the money - made em all look like they couldn't play.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks lewis

now that I have ;thought on ;this some, John I think got paid ;about 40-$50,000 first place in this.
i remember Allen Hopkins was so hot when the kid from Nebraska knocked him out of the event.
Oh, and it was a single elimination