💡The BEST pool advice I've ever received was...

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I was also schooled in how to raise my hand when I lucked into a shot/safe. Kind of a stationary wave.
It was a to show the opponent and the rail that I got fortunate, even though everyone already knew that.

Cuebuddy>>> still proud of it.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take the easy shots to get to the hard shots to make the hard shots easy.
That one is beautiful. Someone told me once: "The easy shot have to be performed perfectly" which is along the same lines, I think.
BTW, I like the OP's advice too.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Best advice, play every shot like you have $1000 riding on it. Didn't really understand it at first, because I was a teenager, but later, it made sense. Focus is the key, and you have to treat all shots the same. If you focus on all shots like you got a dime on the line, you will never miss the easy shots again, and you surely will increase the percentages on the mediocore and hard shots :)

dquarasr

Registered
Sometimes when I got pissed at a stranger I would break out my big game in the corner bar near me that I mostly used as a hangout although I picked up a few bucks there. Usually balls flew off the table and into holes and it was a slaughtering field. When the stranger had enough I sometimes forgot to shift gears back to mellow mode. After I tore through a few racks my fellow denizen of the bar would remind me that it was them I was playing now! They didn't mind contributing as long as I gave them a look at the table. I found it funny that the local small time hustlers were unfazed when my game jumped a bunch when a road player came in then dropped back down to play them.

Hu
Is this what is known as “beast mode”?😁

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
If you are a decent player and gambling, any spot before the 5 ball is a sucker bet.
Explaining that you could break and make a ball, run 2 more and miss and that ball didn't help you.
Always try to get the break (unless it's 6 ball) and think about including a wild ball AND (the last whatever 2, 3, 4, etc.)

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Freddy Bentivegna called that "playing on ass".
This was a wonderful clip☺️
I’ve been friends with Freddy since I was 18. I have hours of him on film. I’m grateful I was able to visit with him in the hospital before his passing (accompanied by Alex Lely (NL) who had come to Chicago to see him.

Rest In Peace Freddy.🙏
-CP