24 butterfly points

nucues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really debated about posting these pictures after looking at the pictures Jim Baxter posted in the raffle section.The two cues are amazingly similar.This cue is ebony, cocobolo,and holly.Thanks for looking. Steve Klapp

Attachments

• cue123.jpeg
    cue123.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,533
  • cue180 (Small).jpeg
    cue180 (Small).jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,080
  • GetAttachment.aspx (Small).jpeg
    GetAttachment.aspx (Small).jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 1,075

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
WOW! Local boy hits the big time! :groucho:

Nice work my friend. Beautiful.... really stunning.. as in jaw dropping. You know... a guy's looking and sees this and just STOPS, then moves closer and adjusts his head to look through the bottom of the bi-focals to get a GOOD look. :thumbup:

nucues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really similar cues, as brothers with this :)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=136004

Holly gives pure background, beautifully. The choice of wood promises stiff hit and precise feedback.

How you count up the butterflies? On each side separately?

How are you Dmitry.I'd like you to know that your cues have been a big inspiration to me,I really love your work.I hope it don't offend you that I'm trying to figure some of your splices.And yes I count the butterflies seperatly on each side. Hope to meet you someday. Steve Klapp

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nucues; said:
I'd like you to know that your cues have been a big inspiration to me,I really love your work.

Hi Steve. Thanks for kind words.

nucues; said:
I hope it don't offend you that I'm trying to figure some of your splices.

On the contrary, even pleasantly to me that my work could become an example for new creativity.:) If you have questions е-mail me, I shall try to help, if my experience will allow of course.

nucues; said:
Hope to meet you someday. Steve Klapp

All in hands of our destiny.:)

Good luck,
Dmitry

mr.pool

Registered
24 butterfly pointed cue

I really debated about posting these pictures after looking at the pictures Jim Baxter posted in the raffle section.The two cues are amazingly similar.This cue is ebony, cocobolo,and holly.Thanks for looking. Steve Klapp

I have personally hit balls with this cue. I have hit everything from a Schon to a Joss, and this is the best hitting cue I have ever shot with. It has the naturaly perfect hit. I would recommend this custom cue for anybody with any skill level.

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never hit a ball with a butterfly cue, but i am beginning to see the
beauty of this cues. This cue looks amazing and maybe i will get the chance
to own one of these beauties in the future. :confused:

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Try to get one from the Jim's raffle :)

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member

I"ve hit a few Butterfly cues.. not this particular one but a couple other ones that Steve made and a couple of Chuck Starkeys. My experience is that they have a lot of feel coming back to the back hand. I like that.

IplayBAD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen this cue in person for pretty uch start to its current completion, and I have to say it is top quality craftsmanship and has a very crisp but also forgiving hit. nice cue steve keep up the good work

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a chance to hit a few balls with this cue before it sold and in my opinion it hit just as good as it looks ! These cue's being made by Steve Klapp and Sam Escobar are flying under the radar . I have seen and played with a dozen or more and they all played very well and have as good of finish as I have seen on any cue bar none !

Steve and Sam are selling these cue way to cheap in an effort to get there cues in the hands of players and show what they can do . I for one am impressed and I know a few others here in the midwest who feel the same .

Currently I am playing with a beautiful Coco merry widow that I am very happy with . They are making me a matching break cue and a matching jump cue . I will get some pics of my playing cue and post them here asap and will post pics when I get the others .

Anyone wanting more info on these cue's or to purchase one can contact Steve Klapp at 309-509-2020

Last edited:

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Iowa_player's telling the truth. Steve's cues have that perfect finish that really sets one cuemaker apart from the pack...it makes the wood POP.

Better yet, Steve seems to be able to build just about anything you want. His dealer's case is always jammed packed with a wide variety of woods (he uses VERY high quality stock!) and styles (linen/leather wraps, wrapless, veneered full-splice, SP, vibrant veneers,...etc).

Steve has a good eye too...he picks out wood/wrap/veneer combinations that are stunning. His own player has some stunning coco in it.

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my Klapp merry widow . I really like it and the way it plays !

Thanks for everything Steve !!!

Larry :smile:

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-4.jpg

Picture003-4.jpg

Picture013-4.jpg