30th Anniversary in Snakewood

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snakewood front and back ends, figured Claro Walnut handle, Ivory points, Sterling Silver and Ivory detail inlays, engraved with logo and anniversary hallmarks.

Snakewood30thforumpost.jpg

Joint ring detail:
J-ringdetail.jpg

Point-tip detail:
Spearheadsdetail.jpg

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
I think -R- made one just like that last year......

I keed, I keed!!!

Amazing detail. Fantastic work, sir.

Last edited:

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Wow!!!!

You finally made a cue I like ;). It's a beauty :)

TommyT:thumbup::thumbup:

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice stickers....

:eek:uttahere:

Stunning cue. Your designs are always fresh and original.

Thanks for sharing,
Chris

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice!!

Mastercraftsmanship.. For sure...
Congrats on your 30th Year!!! .. :)
Alton

Last edited:

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
I like the ringwork and the detail in the spear tips . The rest is the cue is ho hum . I liked the one that was up for cue of the year a lot more.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Not usually a fan of one piece cues where the handle area isn't segmented but dam this cue is screaming and yanking at me to love it and I do...

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Thomas, is this cue long or short spliced? I am having a hard time telling....but the cue is so cool!

Lisa

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
I say that is an anniversary cue worthy of representing an innovative and artistic body of cue making.

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thomas, is this cue long or short spliced? I am having a hard time telling....but the cue is so cool!

Lisa

Not sure how to answer that; it's a version of a "full splice", in that the 10 prongs from the handle section are spliced into "V" grooves in the forearm. The same method (in reverse) is used to join the handle section to the butt end.

The tips of the Walnut points (handle wood) are razor sharp - inherent in any V-point - but the crotch of each point is not sharp, due to the saw kerf. However, the Ivory "skeleton points" (inlaid after the main cue parts are spliced together) prevent either end of the splice points from being seen in the finished cue. The center wood in each Ivory point is the original forearm wood (not a separate inlay), keeping the grain lines continuous throughout.

30thSplicedetail.jpg

TW

tommie1351

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great

That is truely a beautiful cue. If it hits half as good as it looks, you have a WINNER!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member

Not sure how to answer that; it's a version of a "full splice", in that the 10 prongs from the handle section are spliced into "V" grooves in the forearm. The same method (in reverse) is used to join the handle section to the butt end.

The tips of the Walnut points (handle wood) are razor sharp - inherent in any V-point - but the crotch of each point is not sharp, due to the saw kerf. However, the Ivory "skeleton points" (inlaid after the main cue parts are spliced together) prevent either end of the splice points from being seen in the finished cue. The center wood in each Ivory point is the original forearm wood (not a separate inlay), keeping the grain lines continuous throughout.

30thSplicedetail.jpg

TW

Thank you so much for the response. Just really neat...thank you.