A Word from Smorg.......

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doug is not feeling well. He was able to type this pm to me:

Smorgass Bored said:
Ray, My wife contacted both doctors lasst Thursday about the study. One wrote her back and said that the trial studay started in May and I was too late to get in. she told the other doctor that I was 63 and currently in the VA hospital. He wrote her back and said, "how old is he, maybe he can Medicare (I can't, yet).

I truly love my autographed jacket and I've had every intention of writing a full medical update on my current condition and to thank all those who wrote the study on my behalf. I also wanted to thank everyone for signing the jacket and being the hope and inspiration that thay've become.
My valves are leaking worse than previously and my heart is pumping at 40%. They won't operate and I checked myself out of the VA against doctor's orders.
At some point, one has to be allowed to chose fo themselves.
Thanks for all thatr you've done. You may post any or all of this PM, I'm whipped. I apologise to those that I've let down.
regards,
Doug

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
:(

not fair... If it is Doug's will to move on, it's a sad day. Maybe he was having an extra bad day when he wrote that. Let's hope so!!! Thanks for keeping us posted Ray.

My father passed 2 years ago. He was "whipped" also. I write this with some inner conflict, and it may not reflect others views. Dad told me a couple years before passing, as he had been fighting serious health problems for many years, "as my health will surely continue to deteriorate, at some point I will no longer be willing to fight, my quality of life will not be acceptable to me. So don't fight me, it's my choice." He gave me health care power and I knew when it was the right time to sign off on medical support. I am very grateful he made his wishes clear, otherwise the guilt might have been extremely burdensome.

:(

Doug may be asking us for understanding. I suspect we will soon know.

We all love you Doug and are behind you 100%!

I don't know much about Doug's condition, and surely this isn't apples to apples. I hold hope for you Doug, as do a gazillion others here.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
Doug is not feeling well. He was able to type this pm to me:

Ray, thanks for the update. It's good to have any new info...but I wish the news was better.

If I know Doug, (Which I don't, except through this forum), :frown: his dignity is very important to him. He wants to be the man he's always been, and isn't willing to accept a substandard life, just for the sake of being alive.

Please try to remember that sacrificing dignity doesn't have to be permanent. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago, and she went through some dark times, believe me. Today, she's two years in remission, and makes jokes about how ugly she was when she was bald.:D

Doug, I hope you stick around for another 50 years, but above all, I hope you find peace.

Anything I can do to help, I would be happy to do....

Michael

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Ray, thanks for posting this....

Doug, for what it's worth, they called me to the hospital months ago to visit my grandmother....a small "procedure" went wrong and I was told she would not live through the night.....well, it's been months, and at 98 she's still getting better each and every day....

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doug has my support

Doug,

You are walking a path that many of us will have to walk someday and ultimately we all have to walk it alone making the decisions that are right for ourselves. As always you have my support and backing however you choose to walk this path.

The jacket came into creation from the admiration and affection of many people. I'm very glad you like it.

Hu

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Dont give in Doug.

There is plenty of road left to travel.
My grandfather came to a fork in the road. He turned left when he should have turned right. I came across a procedure his doctors did not know about after it was to late.

Dont make the same mistake.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgie...............

I'm sure you're feelin' tired.

You can have ALL MY SPICE to get you through!!! :thumbup: Lots of love from all here on AZB comin' your way. Hope you can feel it.

Take care.

td

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Keep fighting Doug. And btw, I don't think there is anyone to appologise to ... imo.

Dave

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
Its amazing how someone can touch you so much without ever meeting them.Doug your one of a kind.Hang in there buddy.You have hundreds of friends on here that are thinking of you,ALWAYS.:smile:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I Want My Doug Baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G'damnit Doug!!! Get Your Ass Back In The Hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
This is actually kind of depressing.
I don't know Doug personally, yet it doesn't sit well knowing that someone who's heart comes across so transparently genuine and good in the forums, is feeling down.

Smorg, don't EVER give up.
The battle can be tough sometimes, and i know the road can look extra long, but you have to believe in the power of positive thinking.

Giving up is the worst thing you can do.

You have not let ANYONE down, but instead, inspired people with the courage you've shown in facing the obstacles that have come your way.

Keep your chin up!!

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Always Leave Them Laughing

It is tiring and exhausting for me to try to post responses, but I feel the need to try to speak to my many dear friends here.

My blood pressure remains dangerously low and leaves me weak, but I have not surrendered. I did not come home to die or commit suicide.

My last comment to the VA cardiologist was to find a couple of surgeons and an anesthesiologist with enough gonads to perform the surgery and I will return at a moments notice. I also told them that I would absolve the doctors and assistants from any bad consequences.

I said that if the odds were 95% against me, that I would take the 5% and go all in. The hospital calls me each day to see how I'm feeling and I reiterate my feelings to them. Some of them understand English enough to understand half of what I'm saying.... imo) :)

I have to stop writing, because it's wearing me out, but I MUST tell you about the dream that I had:

<insert dreamy music Here>
I passed on and approached the Pearly Gates. St. Peter sat at a table just outside the gates with a huge book in front of him.

He told me that the book contained the actions of my lifetime on Earth and began to laugh uproariously. He said that even someone with my sense of humor couldn't seriously expect to enter heaven with my long list of sins and transgressions.

He said that he was sorry and then pointed the way to the DOWN elevator. I turned and headed to my hot Lower Room. I was almost at the elevator, when I heard St.Peter screaming, Mr.'Wiley', Mr.'Wiley'..... you aren't the guy that's #1 on AZB and the first to ever reach over 1,000,000 in Rep points are you ?

Please, go right on through the Pearly Gates, your cloud is all fluffed up and awaiting you.

Doug
(SO, it was worth it, afterall............ thanks to ALL my friends here for the nice cloud with the great view) :)

Dou

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
It is tiring and exhausting for me to try to post responses, but I feel the need to try to speak to my many dear friends here.

My blood pressure remains dangerously low and leaves me weak, but I have not surrendered. I did not come home to die or commit suicide.

My last comment to the VA cardiologist was to find a couple of surgeons and an anesthesiologist with enough gonads to perform the surgery and I will return at a moments notice. I also told them that I would absolve the doctors and assistants from any bad consequences.

I said that if the odds were 95% against me, that I would take the 5% and go all in. The hospital calls me each day to see how I'm feeling and I reiterate my feelings to them. Some of them understand English enough to understand half of what I'm saying.... imo) :)

I have to stop writing, because it's wearing me out, but I MUST tell you about the dream that I had:

<insert dreamy music Here>
I passed on and approached the Pearly Gates. St. Peter sat at a table just outside the gates with a huge book in front of him.

He told me that the book contained the actions of my lifetime on Earth and began to laugh uproariously. He said that even someone with my sense of humor couldn't seriously expect to enter heaven with my long list of sins and transgressions.

He said that he was sorry and then pointed the way to the DOWN elevator. I turned and headed to my hot Lower Room. I was almost at the elevator, when I heard St.Peter screaming, Mr.'Wiley', Mr.'Wiley'..... you aren't the guy that's #1 on AZB and the first to ever reach over 1,000,000 in Rep points are you ?

Please, go right on through the Pearly Gates, your cloud is all fluffed up and awaiting you.

Doug
(SO, it was worth it, afterall............ thanks to ALL my friends here for the nice cloud with the great view) :)

Dou

Good! :D

Thanks back atcha!