A Word from Smorg.......

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not that Doug will have any trouble

Not that Doug will have any trouble on that day he does come to the gate, but I am quite sure that he could talk his way through or talk Saint Peter into a bet that not even Saint Peter has a prayer of winning!

Hu

Smorgass Bored said:
It is tiring and exhausting for me to try to post responses, but I feel the need to try to speak to my many dear friends here.

My blood pressure remains dangerously low and leaves me weak, but I have not surrendered. I did not come home to die or commit suicide.

My last comment to the VA cardiologist was to find a couple of surgeons and an anesthesiologist with enough gonads to perform the surgery and I will return at a moments notice. I also told them that I would absolve the doctors and assistants from any bad consequences.

I said that if the odds were 95% against me, that I would take the 5% and go all in. The hospital calls me each day to see how I'm feeling and I reiterate my feelings to them. Some of them understand English enough to understand half of what I'm saying.... imo) :)

I have to stop writing, because it's wearing me out, but I MUST tell you about the dream that I had:

<insert dreamy music Here>
I passed on and approached the Pearly Gates. St. Peter sat at a table just outside the gates with a huge book in front of him.

He told me that the book contained the actions of my lifetime on Earth and began to laugh uproariously. He said that even someone with my sense of humor couldn't seriously expect to enter heaven with my long list of sins and transgressions.

He said that he was sorry and then pointed the way to the DOWN elevator. I turned and headed to my hot Lower Room. I was almost at the elevator, when I heard St.Peter screaming, Mr.'Wiley', Mr.'Wiley'..... you aren't the guy that's #1 on AZB and the first to ever reach over 1,000,000 in Rep points are you ?

Please, go right on through the Pearly Gates, your cloud is all fluffed up and awaiting you.

Doug
(SO, it was worth it, afterall............ thanks to ALL my friends here for the nice cloud with the great view) :)

Dou

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I am a disabled Veteran and work for the Va helping out Veterans every day...it is truely a pleasure to help fellow Veterans out. I hate to hear this about Doug. I just wish there was something I could do for him and his family. When a fellow Vet is hurting it Honestly hurts me inside...I know it sounds silly, but it just does.

My Very Best goes out to Smorg and his family in this difficult time.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
It is tiring and exhausting for me to try to post responses, but I feel the need to try to speak to my many dear friends here.

My blood pressure remains dangerously low and leaves me weak, but I have not surrendered. I did not come home to die or commit suicide.

My last comment to the VA cardiologist was to find a couple of surgeons and an anesthesiologist with enough gonads to perform the surgery and I will return at a moments notice. I also told them that I would absolve the doctors and assistants from any bad consequences.

I said that if the odds were 95% against me, that I would take the 5% and go all in. The hospital calls me each day to see how I'm feeling and I reiterate my feelings to them. Some of them understand English enough to understand half of what I'm saying.... imo) :)

I have to stop writing, because it's wearing me out, but I MUST tell you about the dream that I had:

I passed on and approached the Pearly Gates. St. Peter sat at a table just outside the gates with a huge book in front of him.

He told me that the book contained the actions of my lifetime on Earth and began to laugh uproariously. He said that even someone with my sense of humor couldn't seriously expect to enter heaven with my long list of sins and transgressions.

He said that he was sorry and then pointed the way to the DOWN elevator. I turned and headed to my hot Lower Room. I was almost at the elevator, when I heard St.Peter screaming, Mr.'Wiley', Mr.'Wiley'..... you aren't the guy that's #1 on AZB and the first to ever reach over 1,000,000 in Rep points are you ?

Please, go right on through the Pearly Gates, your cloud is all fluffed up and awaiting you.

Doug
(SO, it was worth it, afterall............ thanks to ALL my friends here for the nice cloud with the great view) :)
Dou

Now, how can anyone NOT love this guy?

I'm pulling and praying for ya boss!

Jim

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wrong People!!

I just received this e-mail. I believe Doug and Barbara may have contacted the wrong person!! I forwarded this to Doug also.

Dear Mr. Hansen,

I have received dozens of emails from others about your friend, but absolutely no medical information, and no direct contact from the patient. Thus I can assure you that he has not been "rejected" from participation in this trial.

With respect for the billiards forum and the support it has shown your friend, I suggest it would be much more effective to have the patient himself contact us, and even better to have his doctors contact me to exchange medical information. this information is the only thing that determines candidacy for a trial.

Best

Alan W. Heldman, MD, FSCAI
Professor of Medicine, Interventional Cardiology
Vice Chief, Cardiovascular Division
Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:

Doug

Dou

Keep your headup Sir.

I have been spending sometime in Tampa helping to take care of a family friend who also has a bad valve. Infact I have taken him the Tampa VA and Baypines(sp) to see what they can do for him and everyday his % goes up just a bit to the point that he is almost a good canidate for the surgery. So again sir keep your headup and fight. I will be back in Tampa next week and will be thinking of you.

Boradriver

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug, my old friend who I've never actually met in person, I'll be thinking of you and have been often of late. We're all with you in spirit, if not in person. I have hopes that something good will happen for you and you will be in my evening meditations.

Gary

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Im still new around these parts and have always enjoyed your posts and humor. Im shooting up a prayer for you and your family. God speed and stay strong.

Josh

LoGiC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We pushed him to 1 Mil, now how fast can we push him to 2 Mil!

Stay well, Controller of the Spice!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
I have to spread around before giving rep to you smorgie...

I even gave rep to people I don't care about and posts I didn't like, just to spread around. But it wasn't enough yet... (If you who read this just got rep from me, this was certainly not directed to you. I promise. It was someone else I talked about)

Hang in there Smorgie. You've made hundreds of online-friends here on AZ, and we really do care about you. I wish I will be able to meet you once, I think we would get some real good laughs together...

All the best Smorgie - you are simply the best

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I check back in after 3-4 months and find this. I am sure God is on your side, Doug. We all sure are......