Alanvo is a thief!!!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I forgot to mention that I sold a cue to Miro and he also had me send a cue for one of his friends.
The deal went fine, the communication was fantastic, and I really enjoyed working with him and sending cues to Croatia.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel bad for anyone who experiences a bad deal, but here is my system:

1) I create a dialog with the seller. This usually gives me a feel for the demeanor of the person I might be sending money. For example, if I receive no response to a question or a somewhat curt or sarcastic answer, that is a signal that this is not a person who I want to deal with if something goes wrong.

If someone has negatives in their feedback, I would even ask them to explain them. They might not be warranted but in any case, I would weight the seller's response.

I contacted someone last year requesting specific detail pis. The sellers response was "What do you want those for?"

2) I never do trades, but if I were to enter into a trade deal, I would use an escrow service and maybe even offer to fund it myself. If the other party did not want to use an escrow service, I would not enter into the deal.

3) Paypal/Goods & Services?Credit Card - Never a gift. If the seller requests payment as a gift I add 4%.

4) Almost everything being traded/sold is a manufactured item, i.e. not rare. Another will come along. Be patient.

I may be burned someday, but so far so good.

The best example of a good seller was cuesblues. He held my money until I indicated satisfaction with my purchase. If you are dealing with someone who needs money for immediate purposes, to settle a debt, pay a bill, etc. expect a problem if something goes wrong.

Q-Street

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accurate observations, I believe.

If you look at his webpage, alanvo.com you can see he is in a tough line of work to be an entrepreneur. He's probably broke and couldn't come up with the $700, even if he manned up over the matter.

I can see that to be the case. & If that's a legit business website of his, imagine potential customers googling his name for reference and coming up with dirt like this.

player52

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Miro very well, he is my friend. I can confirm that he is one of the good guys, fair and honest man. I can also confirm that every word he wrote is a true. If there is any doubt anymore.
I was also presented when he packed this fake cue. Hard box, bubble wrap, no way this could happened in transition. Alanvo accused him that he send him broken cue. Now why he would do that? Miro was still hopping that he will get his money back, there was no reason to send him broken cue. Makes no sense. He destroyed it, not to pay him back. Also, he destroyed exact place, where false signature was, witch I found interesting.
We were always very suspicious that Alanvo is a fraud and that Vince does not exist; he used fake name so he can say it is not his cue, and that he was only trying to help a friend. He just wasn't acting like honest person, which found itself in this kind of a situation (let say that is even possible). He refused to send Miros cues back, this Vince guy has disappeared etc etc. But we could not prove it. He was also in possession of Miros cues, and Miro was battling very hard to at least got his cues back. Which he did. Now with others involved, everything is pretty clear.
I know how much Miro wanted a Sugartree. Especially bigger one, with points ans scalops. It is his dream cue. And yes, in his desire for this cue, he made a mistake. He was not 100% sure when stepping into this deal. I think this can happen to anyone, and I can not hold that against him. Alanvo is a fraud. And I hoppe, at least now, he will be gone from here forever.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
has anyone filed a claim with FedX for $700? it was insured, right?

(i know that's not the point, but it would settle the $700 part)

in general, this story doesn't surprise me. many Italian furniture "manufacturers" sub-contract out to Croatia to produce (also Asia, FYI), and then stamp "Made in Italy" on it. Croatians are hardworking people.

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Wow .. is all I can say after reading those messages for the first time. I learned two things:

1.) Alan Vo aka (Alanvo on AZB) is an absolute douche, dirt bag POS and has no respect for anything.

2.) Joshua Koh is an honorable man with solid ethics and morals. I would have no problem buying a cue from him if I was in the market.

I just red repped Alanvo. Everyone should red rep him and the Mods should ban him for life.

Alanvo tried to sell the exact "sugartree" in Vietnam and here before I think.

He made his "marks" in Vietnam also with his dealings.

I am pretty sure he "previously" owned this fake cue, and I am not sure if Vince Adams is a real man or not, if he is real then Alanvo must have scammed him into buying this cue and he had to promise him the he would get rid of the cue for Vince.

I feel for the OP but I would avoid dealing with a member with 3 negatives in the first place.

Alanvo contacted some Philippines cuemakers about making lookalikes also, it was posted here

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=362585

so be careful you guys.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
What a pile of guano...

Alanvo ... Alan Vo

Attachments

• Alan Vo.jpg
    Alan Vo.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 474

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I just reported him to the Mods by clicking on the red button on one of his posts. You should all do the same..

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Why is the F**k allowed to post in W/FS when his integrity is Total Shit !!!!

Off to Banishment Hell with him. He would be REAL Popular in the Joint with that Purdy Smile.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
consider this my only post on this matter:
1. i no longer have this cue
2. i no longer have your money
3. If i were a thief, you wouldn't have your cue and shafts back; and i also helped you sell a good shaft.

Of course it would be your only post, as you have no honest recourse.

You no longer have this cue.
A rather moot point.

You no longer have his money.
You may not have the exact money, of course not, you spent it. But, you do have money that looks exactly like the money that he sent you. You could send what you owe him back. Unless you are saying that the money that he sent you is the only money that you had in the entire World.

If you were a Thief.
But you are. You helped him sell a shaft. No doubt that you made money on that deal. People like yourself don't touch anything that you can't make money on.
Don't make yourself out to be a hero, in which you are not.

Thieves come in many different colors. Some sell drugs. Other steal and sell stolen items.

Others like yourself, lie, cheat and steal money.

Come on guys. Everyone who posted in this thread and had an opinion, owes it to the next potential victim of Alan Vo, to send him a Red, and keep him Red, so he can no longer do business in the Sale Forum.

If these guys don't get investigated by the Mods and Banned, the only way to protect other buyers is to make sure that they have fair warning on guys like Alan.

Red is the only way that we have to do it, seeing that we can no longer make comments in a Sale Thread.

milji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You guys for understanding my situation and trying to help me. The problem is than Alanvo has no morals and he will go as far he needs to decive you. He should be banned from here for life! Again, thank You all my Az friends :)