another armed robbery home invasion...AZB's Billiardchick

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She has no insurance. John reported on FB that just the helicopter ride between hospitals was 25 K alone.

Luckily, she's still alive.

Here's the story....

Manchester woman in critical condition after home invasion

Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:01 am

A Manchester woman was in critical condition Saturday at Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga after being severely beaten Friday night, according to authorities.

According to Manchester Police Department investigator Butch Stewart, around 9:30 p.m. Friday, Amanda Townsend, 32, of Summer Street, Manchester, was at her residence when whom she later described as “three black males” kicked the door open and entered the house.

According to Stewart, “They began to beat her and asking her where’s the money. They beat her for some time until she eventually passed out.”

According to the report, Townsend regained consciousness in a closet in the kitchen of the residence. A cord had been tied around her neck, her feet and hands behind her back. She was able to free herself and got out of the closet.

“She then ran out and ran to a neighbor’s residence and asked them to call 911,” Stewart said.

When Manchester police Cpl. Stuart Colwell arrived at the residence, he found Townsend with the cord still around her neck and she was “very bloody,” according to the report.

The officer requested an ambulance to the residence and she was transported to United Regional Medical Center where she was stabilized and then flown to the Chattanooga hospital.

According to Stewart, the house had been ransacked.

The investigator stated that due to the blood found in the kitchen area, she was apparently beaten there.

Stewart also stated that the alleged assailants had taken at least three flat screen televisions from the residence.

Police are continuing a search to determine if any other items were taken from the residence, Stewart said.

Stewart was joined in the investigation by investigators Bill Sipe and Mark Yother, along with Coffee County sheriff’s investigators Chad Parton and Jason Dendy.

Members of the police department searched the area for any possible clues in the incident.

Stewart asks that if anyone saw anything suspicious in the Summer Street area or if anyone heard of who might have committed this crime to please contact the Manchester Police Department at 728-2099

Last edited:

abs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ugh! So ridiculous. I hope she sees justice done to her assailents soon, but unfortunately when you're violated in your own home that's something that you never get over.

As for those punks, I'm pretty sure the forum rules bar me from saying what I think should happen to them, but use your imagination.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
That just blows,yet another good person done wrong,and a police department that will probably not get her justice.

If it wasn't such a long drive,I'd come help her and Henny get the closure they deserve. Tommy D.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These guys need to be caught! Such a shame.

When I saw they took a cell phone, I was hoping that would be the downfall. No luck, I guess.

143886287.jpg

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
This is so friggin terrible.

Amanda is a great person and hopefully she makes a complete recovery. I hope the pieces of trash that did this are caught and a whole lot of bad comes their way.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Ugh! So ridiculous. I hope she sees justice done to her assailents soon, but unfortunately when you're violated in your own home that's something that you never get over.

As for those punks, I'm pretty sure the forum rules bar me from saying what I think should happen to them, but use your imagination.

Whatever punishment those clowns get, it's not enough.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have the perfect hunting knife. They wouldn't be contributing to the gene pool after I had a meeting.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things like this are one of the many reasons I bought my first handgun two months ago.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is just crazy!!! I can't believe this. Amanda is such an awesome girl.

Prayers for her recovery and for the capture of these thugs!!!

I'm in shock.

Ray

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I saw this about a week or so ago on her Facebook and was just appalled. I met her when she lived in Arizona and cannot say enough good things about her, perhaps we can all get together and chip in to help out with any medical cost or assistance she might need. The scumbags I hope are caught and lynched by their balls. They obviously did not care whether they killed her or not. :angry:

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.manchestertimes.com/?p=3143

John Hennessee's g/f

Sorry to hear it, couldn't have happened to a nicer girl. Sure hope they catch the guys responsible.

She's doing better now...

Man, I should clue you in in case you blurt out that phrase in the future and risk getting punched in the face. The phrase "couldn't have happened to a nicer_____" is something you say when you're glad something happens to someone who deserves it, whether that something is good or bad. In this case, since the event is unfortunate, you're saying the person deserved the misfortune.

Just a warning.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I think this is horrendous. What is up with some people, this is crazy stupid to beat a beautiful young lady for what 3 TV's. I am speechless.

If anyone has any knowledge of this please forward it to the proper authorities these people need to be in jail for a long time.