Arizona pool player thread

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
Just want to wish all my fellow Arizona players a happy new year and a great 2012. And to 12310bch....quit yer snivelin :p. The tourney is a race to 1 and i know you can run a rack out...you've done it to me plenty so go show those deli boys how the jump gets er done.;)

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just want to wish all my fellow Arizona players a happy new year and a great 2012. And to 12310bch....quit yer snivelin :p. The tourney is a race to 1 and i know you can run a rack out...you've done it to me plenty so go show those deli boys how the jump gets er done.;)

Sniff, sniff. Tough love ,huh?

risky biz

Banned
I am in Bullhead City and Kingman occasionally on business. Are there any full size Diamonds or Brunswicks in either town?

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
[/COLOR]

If it's not handicapped, the 9's & 8's will still be ahead of the game. Where are John and Mitch going to pick up a coupla bucks for the weekend now?
That is so blatantly designed to eliminate M & J that it sort of sucks. I don't understand their marketing strategy. I am totally confused. I don't want to play heads up with 8's & 9's in tourneys on a regular basis any more that I want to play 10's. The only thing that might be attractive is that it is a race to one. You might get lucky and beat one or two but how do you plow through 5 or 6 of those meat eaters? Especially with a $7 entry fee. All in all, the Deli tourney sucks. They only have 2 tables
so the race is kept to one. If they are trying to attract more players how long will it take? This seems to have been driven by the regulars at the bar complaining. It still confuses me. It's a nice bar . I like it there. But I can't waste Saturday nights on that tourney just for ego. Rant, rant and on and on I go. Sorry.:shrug:

It is what it is. I heard they are expanding and adding a couple tables or something along those lines. I wont play there, so it doesn't matter to me. Those tables are too rough. The nugget tourny is a pretty good one you should try out (If you haven't already). Me and under 8 ball race to 1. Gets a good turnout. Andrew rocha runs it. Its the thursday leg of the deli crews tour. That reminds me, I havent taxed those suckers in a while LOL.

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am in Bullhead City and Kingman occasionally on business. Are there any full size Diamonds or Brunswicks in either town?

There used to be a couple of players from those areas that would come down and play in the Arizona Desert Classic Tour a couple of years back. I haven't seen them around in a while though. But from what I had heard, there was not much up there in terms of equipment... mostly bar box league play with the occasional 9 footers. I'm not sure of what is up there these days however.

Ray Robles

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

risky biz

Banned
There used to be a couple of players from those areas that would come down and play in the Arizona Desert Classic Tour a couple of years back. I haven't seen them around in a while though. But from what I had heard, there was not much up there in terms of equipment... mostly bar box league play with the occasional 9 footers. I'm not sure of what is up there these days however.

Ray Robles

I saw a couple of Valley bar boxes in the Kingman bowling alley. I think that's going to be about it.

I'll have to stick to drinking but I don't think there's even a good place to drink in Kingman. When I'm in Bullhead City I stay across the river in Laughlin. No drinking problem there.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make it simple Jerry, as Last Saturday of the Month, each and every Month is Preacher-Ronn's-1-Pocket Tournament at Kolby's Corner pockets in Tempe. Entry is $35.00, and if you are not a 10, or 10-1 you don't stand a chance of winning your entree fee back. Because of World Class One Pocket players most months.;)

Especially if you are a cheap, scared SOB, and can't play to begin with.

Don't listen to CooCoo...plenty of lesser rated players have won-cashed playing in that tourny.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Especially if you are a cheap, scared SOB, and can't play to begin with.

Don't listen to CooCoo...plenty of lesser rated players have won-cashed playing in that tourny

OK Mr. Know It All, post a list "lesser rated players have won-cashed playing in that tourny", dates, player real name, place they finished, amount won, and last AZ RATING.

BTW I have Cactus in my Back Yard, not a Money Tree with FREE MONEY to throw away.

Wish I had a money tree, maybe you could send me a seedling off your money tree, I promise to care for the seedling well......LOL......... that would grow in the Maricopa County Desert....LOL

Last edited:

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
OK Mr. Know It All, post a list "lesser rated players have won-cashed playing in that tourny", dates, player real name, place they finished, amount won, and last AZ RATING.

BTW I have Cactus in my Back Yard, not a Money Tree with FREE MONEY to throw away.

Wish I had a money tree, maybe you could send me a seedling off your money tree, I promise to care for the seedling well......LOL......... that would grow in the Maricopa County Desert....LOL

Fast lenny. Check mate.
He doesn't give out seedlings, You can win one though ;)

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member

They do have some tables and players in Kingman. I looked on the LINKS Page of AZPoolScene.com and remembered I had put this link on awhile back: http://www.kingmanpoolplayers.com/

Maybe you can contact them or see the list of places to play off their site.

Good Luck!

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Make it simple Jerry, as Last Saturday of the Month, each and every Month is Preacher-Ronn's-1-Pocket Tournament at Kolby's Corner pockets in Tempe. Entry is $35.00, and if you are not a 10, or 10-1 you don't stand a chance of winning your entree fee back. Because of World Class One Pocket players most months.;)

UGH!!

It's not the Last Saturday of Every Month. Therefore, there is a Schedule that is published. And I put the link instead of the actual schedule, because it is updated if any changes happen.

Also, not everyone plays the game to win tournaments. It's only $35 to play with World Class Players, WOW! I don't even play the game, but I'd be willing to give it a try if my schedule allows it!

argonath

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Billiards sports bar in Tempe

By the way all...

A new Billiards sports bar opened in Tempe right at the end of the year.

Lucky Break Billiards Bar and Grill opens in Tempe

I dont know their expectations yet for leagues, tournaments, etc... since I dont live in the East Valley anymore, but will update this thread when I get a chance to stop by.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
UGH!!

It's not the Last Saturday of Every Month. Therefore, there is a Schedule that is published. And I put the link instead of the actual schedule, because it is updated if any changes happen.

Also, not everyone plays the game to win tournaments. It's only $35 to play with World Class Players, WOW! I don't even play the game, but I'd be willing to give it a try if my schedule allows it!

That is because you have a Big Job making tons of GREEN, I do not have a big job no more. When I did work it was self employment, where I was the guy paying Retirement, Medical, Dental, 16.8% Social Security, and other stuff that is call Pride of Ownership.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Ben Sutherland and I will be playing on Sunday 2pm at Skip & Jans in an all-around challenge match. I picked one pocket and he picks bar table 9 ball to start off with, should be an interesting match as we are both favorites in our chosen games.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
Ben Sutherland and I will be playing on Sunday 2pm at Skip & Jans in an all-around challenge match. I picked one pocket and he picks bar table 9 ball to start off with, should be an interesting match as we are both favorites in our chosen games.

Good luck sir. Classic shooter vs mover imo. Steve blackburn and I are gonna make the trip to sweat it. I'm gonna play him some cheap sets EVEN while you 2 rock.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
TAR matches.

First, Who are your guys pick for svb vs busty? I'm thinking busty. He can break em almost as good as shane and his run out power edges him out.

Also, what are some matches you want to see? Everyone is always svb vs the world or matches that arent likely (archer). Here are some I want to see.

Justin Bergman vs Chip Compton and Mitch Ellerman vs Joey gray. If team OKC splits sets scotch doubles for it all.

Scott Frost and Brandon Shuff all around. One pocket, Big Table 10 ball, Banks or some Good old fashioned Bar table 9/10 ball to close it out.

Donny mills vs Jesse bowman on a 7 footer ryo 9 ball.

And the grand daddy of them all Efren vs Parica all around.
Sigel and Earl commentating with JCIN and a taser to moderate the commentators lol.

What you guys want to see?

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skip & Jans? That's over next to the New Mexico border ain't it? I'd like to go but I can't afford the airfare. Does Greyhound go out that way? If I was sure the roads were paved I'd drive over but I'd have to get an oil change and check my tires first. If it can't be streamed why not tape it. I'd like to see how Fast Lenny's playing now. I favor no one but I hope it's tough
match for both. That's the kind you remember.