ATTENTION: Justis Case Owners

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
It has recently come to my attention that some of you may not be aware of our recommendation on how to place your cues and shafts in our cases.
Each case comes with a care sheet that explains this but I though it might be a good idea to review this on this forum since many of my valued customers are AZ members. The following is verbatim from our care sheet.

TO PREVENT PIN AND COLLAR DAMAGE, PLACE THE RUBBER BUMPER PORTION OF YOUR CUE AND THE TIP SECTION OF THE SHAFT DOWN TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE.

If the pin and collar are installed down and the case is accidentally dropped, it could result in a bent pin or chipped collar from the force. I think this is a carry over from owners of cases with tapered tubes where you didn't have the choice but to install pin down.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Jack Justis said:
TO PREVENT PIN AND COLLAR DAMAGE, PLACE THE RUBBER BUMPER PORTION OF YOUR CUE AND THE TIP SECTION OF THE SHAFT DOWN TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE.

Jack,
Thanks for the advice (though I've been doing it correctly with the help of the instructions that came with the case).

Perhaps you should call breakup....I believe he has been trying to put his cues in SIDEWAYS, causing shaft breakage every time he tries to put his cues away. I tried to PM him; but I don't think he can read.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Jack Justis said:
It has recently come to my attention that some of you may not be aware of our recommendation on how to place your cues and shafts in our cases.
Each case comes with a care sheet that explains this but I though it might be a good idea to review this on this forum since many of my valued customers are AZ members. The following is verbatim from our care sheet.

If the pin and collar are installed down and the case is accidentally dropped, it could result in a bent pin or chipped collar from the force. I think this is a carry over from owners of cases with tapered tubes where you didn't have the choice but to install pin down.

And I would like to add that joint protectors are a damn good idea too. There is a little play in this style of case to allow for additional length cues, so the protectors will take the punishment instead of the screw if the case is dropped.

Chris

Last edited:

breakup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
Jack,
Thanks for the advice (though I've been doing it correctly with the help of the instructions that came with the case).

Perhaps you should call breakup....I believe he has been trying to put his cues in SIDEWAYS, causing shaft breakage every time he tries to put his cues away. I tried to PM him; but I don't think he can read.

I impressed Willie, your anonymous pro coach is do a great job. I see you now have been trained to distinguish not only between the tip and the rubber bumper thingie but you have apparently been convinced that your Justis case is not just a fancy case for carrying Efren posters! Your game is really improving by leaps and bounds.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. Don’t forget to put the cork on your fork when eating applesauce.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Just preserving this great information as it was written.

To prevent pin and collar damage while using a Justis case be sure to put the cues in as instructed.

However if you happen to purchase a Justis case secondhand and you didn't get the memo then Jack will deny that it's possible that your cue could be damaged in his case. He will call you a liar if you claim that your cue was damaged while in his case.

So be sure to put your cues in the "right" way and hope for the best.

Or, alternatively, you can take a look at JB Cases where you don't need to worry about which direction you decide to put your cue parts in the case.

We put padding all around the cue and make sure that it's snug and secure.

Check out www.jbcases.com to see the type of protection your cues deserve.

You should never be warned that your cue can be damaged by putting your cues in it.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I would like to add that joint protectors are a damn good idea too. There is a little play in this style of case to allow for additional length cues, so the protectors will take the punishment instead of the screw if the case is dropped.

Chris

J/Ps do not have to be fancy or expencive to protect a cue. lots of different price ranges. Thanks Jim

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To prevent pin and collar damage while using a Justis case be sure to put the cues in as instructed.

However if you happen to purchase a Justis case secondhand and you didn't get the memo then Jack will deny that it's possible that your cue could be damaged in his case. He will call you a liar if you claim that your cue was damaged while in his case.

Or, alternatively, you can take a look at JB Cases where you don't need to worry about which direction you decide to put your cue parts in the case.

You should never be warned that your cue can be damaged by putting your cues in it.
ditto,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
J/Ps do not have to be fancy or expencive to protect a cue. lots of different price ranges. Thanks Jim

I am going to have to get a set of JP's from you simply because the ones in your avatar are so cool!

Just happens to be my initials too!

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no one toldme either ilearned the hard way when i heard the pin hit the bottom of the case, ilike to put my cues in pin first

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
no one toldme either ilearned the hard way when i heard the pin hit the bottom of the case, i like to put my cues in pin first

I used to put my cues pin down, but would never drop them down into the case so I never had a problem with damaging a pin...

Lesson learned though...had to get a cue of mine refinished

Sucks to be us :eek:

Oh and Jay, if my memory serves me correct, I seen a case that you have made, man it was nice.....if it wasnt you, nevermind ....lol

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member

STRIKE:grin:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
no one toldme either ilearned the hard way when i heard the pin hit the bottom of the case, ilike to put my cues in pin first

Do you mean to say that there isn't any padding at all in the bottom of your Justis to cushion the blow?

Gee, it seems funny that Jack wouldn't even put a little bit of padding in the bottom.

What about all those people who have the Hoppe style cues with no rubber bumper? Do they mind when their butt cap hits raw wood?

I was certainly surprised to see this when I took the interior out of this 2006 ProLite Justis.

P1060957.JPG

P1060976.JPG

P1060977.JPG

P1060980.JPG

I guess I expected a little more from such a well respected case maker. Like maybe $1 in EVA foam padding at the bottom to provide SOME cushion for the cues and allow them to go in either direction with NO CHANCE of damage.

And you know what?

I own this case now and it still has the newspaper from South Florida stuffed in one of the pockets but there are no instructions on how to use the case.

Good thing I didn't put my $1000 cue into it pin down and risk some damage.

tattoosbyjay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you mean to say that there isn't any padding at all in the bottom of your Justis to cushion the blow?

Gee, it seems funny that Jack wouldn't even put a little bit of padding in the bottom.

What about all those people who have the Hoppe style cues with no rubber bumper? Do they mind when their butt cap hits raw wood?

I was certainly surprised to see this when I took the interior out of this 2006 ProLite Justis.

P1060957.JPG

P1060976.JPG

P1060977.JPG

P1060980.JPG

I guess I expected a little more from such a well respected case maker. Like maybe $1 in EVA foam padding at the bottom to provide SOME cushion for the cues and allow them to go in either direction with NO CHANCE of damage.

And you know what?

I own this case now and it still has the newspaper from South Florida stuffed in one of the pockets but there are no instructions on how to use the case.

Good thing I didn't put my $1000 cue into it pin down and risk some damage.

nope no padding at all the sound ofthe pin hitting the bottom waslike finger nails on a chalkboard

madfox

I love pool ...
Silver Member
Well I always put the cues with the tip and rubber down, I think is something logical especially with G10 pins. But I wouldn't expected a Justis case to be so bad. I mean wood ? I have seen 10 $ cases from China with rubber or foam in the bottom.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Seriously, JB...

What the F***, over?

This is NOT a good business strategy.... ESPECIALLY when your competition is basically known as the high end case market leader.

Promote your own line, and leave Jack alone. I mean, seriously, the only possible thing you can do here is force Jack to put protection in the bottom of his cases, and then your are going to lose one of the main differentiating points between your line and his.

And coming into a thread like this that was made by Jack as information to his customers, is the ULTIMATE in classlessness.

You virtually guaranteed that at least (and probably more) 15-20 on here will NEVER buy one of your cases, and will probably even go further to tell others what a slimy business person you are.

To borrow a phrase from the old cigarette ads...

"Congrats baby...You earned it."

Short Bus Russ

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Seriously, JB...

What the F***, over?

This is NOT a good business strategy.... ESPECIALLY when your competition is basically known as the high end case market leader.

Promote your own line, and leave Jack alone. I mean, seriously, the only possible thing you can do here is force Jack to put protection in the bottom of his cases, and then your are going to lose one of the main differentiating points between your line and his.

And coming into a thread like this that was made by Jack as information to his customers, is the ULTIMATE in classlessness.

You virtually guaranteed that at least (and probably more) 15-20 on here will NEVER buy one of your cases, and will probably even go further to tell others what a slimy business person you are.

To borrow a phrase from the old cigarette ads...

"Congrats baby...You earned it."

Short Bus Russ
I have to agree. There is probably history here that everyone doesn't know about, but this is a bit much. Promote your own products but don't trash others.
Mr H

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Cases

I have over 160 cues, several vintage cases, new cases, 24 x 48 airline dealer cases, Justis, Whitten, Instroke, Haliburton, Thomas, Swifty, It's George, Fellini, Centennial, you name it.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to properly put a cue in a case.
When I bought my first case (Instroke) the manager of the pool hall I bought it at showed me how to do it.

What I like about my Justis case is the offers I turn down every time I take it with me.

Last edited: