AZB Reporting that Jeanette Lee is Diagnosed with Stage IV Ovarian Cancer

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member

The article describes it as a "terminal" diagnosis.

Edit: The article mentions a legacy fund has been established for the benefit of Jeanette's children. Link here: https://www.gofundme.com/jeanette-lee-legacy-fund.

Edit 2: Here is the text from the GoFundMe page:

It is with heavy hearts that we share that our friend and billiards icon, Jeanette Lee, has been diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer. The cancer has fully metastasized into her lymph nodes and the prognosis is dire. At this stage, her doctors say she has a few months to a year left to live. In typical Black Widow fashion, she has vowed to fight the progress of her disease as fiercely as possible with both chemotherapy, which has already begun, and a succession of upcoming surgeries.

Jeanette’s largest and most pressing concern is the well being of her three young girls Cheyenne (16), Chloe (11) and Savannah (10). Jeanette has been a single mother for the last several years. The future care, well-being and education of her girls is the biggest cause of anxiety for her.

Jeanette’s situation has inspired a group of her closest friends and business associates to start this GoFundMe campaign on her behalf. We are creating a trust, the Jeanette Lee Legacy Fund, to ensure that the girls are appropriately cared for and can afford to go to college.

Those of us who are closest to her know that the last ten years or so has not been kind to Jeanette. The scoliosis that has plagued Jeanette since childhood has continued to progress. In fact, it has been suggested that the scoliosis masked the pain from the cancer in part allowing it to progress undetected for so long. The increasing effects of scoliosis has not allowed her to play at the highest level for years now and has limited her ability to make a living.

Jeanette has now endured the misery and incredible personal expense of nineteen different surgeries battling scoliosis including unsuccessful surgery last spring designed to help reduce her constant battle with pain.

This campaign is by organized by friends of Jeanette Lee including organizations like APA, Billiards Digest, Octagon and others that are helping to spread the word about this effort. We are all hopeful that the community will stand up in support of a woman who has always given her utmost as both a champion and as an ambassador for the sport.

On her behalf, we want to thank you for your generosity.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The article describes it as a "terminal" diagnosis.

Edit: The article mentions a legacy fund has been established for the benefit of Jeanette's children. Link here: https://www.gofundme.com/jeanette-lee-legacy-fund.
Very sad news. Jeanette is a fighter and will have the entire billiard community behind her.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My heart is broken. Jeanette and I have been close friends since the late 1990's, although we haven't chatted on the phone for a few months now. We've spent an enormous amount of time playing pool with each other, and I probably spent close to fifty days as her house guest in Indiana. I know all her children, and my heart aches for them.

If there's a way to endure and/or survive this, Jeanette will find it. She's as determined a woman as one could ever meet. If she can't get past this, I hope that she is spared as much physical pain as possible.

Why oh why must so many of our very finest be struck down? This news is just devastating.

Last edited:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awful news Jeanette is a huge asset to the sport. prayers to her and all loved her ones. God bless.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At DCC i ate b'fast one morning next to her and DiLiberto. Some neat stories. Really a cool lady with a lot of brains, looks and talent. Wish her all the best.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crap

We‘re fortunate enough to have her wander through our local room on occasion, though it’s been awhile. Such a talented, class act.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Very sad news and at such a young age.....My heart felt wishes and prayers for Jeanette and her family...

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sad. I have 3 children really close to those ages. It makes the thread I started today seem so trivial in comparison. I pray she fights the good fight and mends any broken relationships. God bless her and her children.

Last edited:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is terrible. I really like Jeanette. My friend's daughter has scoliosis and was very depressed. I told her how a world champion pool player had it too and overcame it. It really helped. Jeanette is an inspiration. Prayers