Bad Problem with John Showman, (Cue Stolen)

can't wait....we shall see the truth!

The truth has already been revealed. Showman is a scumbag. Mike is only getting his cue back because of community pressure. Showman should rot in hell for sending the cue back COD. Not sure if I'd want that kind of Karma heading into a "surgery". Maybe the planet will get lucky today:rolleyes:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I'm anxiously awaiting the box opening video! Will there be a dull knife cutting the tape, will the UPS guy be an actor, will the box be empty? All this and more in the next episode of "Days of our lives".

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'm anxiously awaiting the box opening video! Will there be a dull knife cutting the tape, will the UPS guy be an actor, will the box be empty? All this and more in the next episode of "Days of our lives".

Odds on "broom handles shipped instead of cues"?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
After much ado...

Fact is, these kind of threads often do result in getting your cue back. Not long ago, one did for me.

I predict the cue will arrive and will be reasonably acceptable (although Mike has very high standards). Let's put the celebration on hold. The entire situation could have been avoided with better business practices by John. The real benefit from all this effort would be if John gets back in the shop and gets his life and career back in order. There are others still waiting. With his talent, it's not too late. If he does, there will be many of us cheering him on including me.

Last edited:

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he does, there will be many of us cheering him on including me.

"A bunch" might be an overstatement. There might be a few who truly "cheer" for him. There will be HUNDREDS who will kiss his ass in hopes of getting a cue. And there will be more than that who would buy on the second hand market rather thank EVERY send Showman a penny. By now most people know that John shouldn't be trusted at all.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Odds on "broom handles shipped instead of cues"?

No.:smile:

After a while of procrastinating the excuses become less and less plausible, don't they: "I need surgery". "My mom needs surgery". "Me and my mom accidentally got stitched together during our simultaneous surgeries, and need to be separeted". "My mom died". "Have to go to my mothers funeral". "My mom briefly came back to life during funeral, and had to be rushed back to hospital"."My mom died again and had to be reburied". "Accidentally buried mom in the pet semetary, she came back to life and had to be hunted down". "The cat died". "Accidentally sent you dead cat instead of cue" etc, etc...

Of course if one were truely serious about scamming or at least really delaying delivery of the goods, one could keep a stock of cheap cues. Then send one of those out to the real customer, claiming an honest mistake was made. Then, one could also claim one sent the real customers cue out to the wrong person (which is only an alias you made up, complete with fake facebook page). The fake negotiations with this person could take weeks, during which you could slack off and drink beer, doing maybe 1/2 hour of work every day. Ah, the good life.

Last edited:

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I predict the cue will arrive and will be reasonably acceptable (although Mike has very high standards). Let's put the celebration on hold. The entire situation could have been avoided with better business practices by John. The real benefit from all this effort would be if John gets back in the shop and gets his life and career back in order. There are others still waiting. With his talent, it's not too late. If he does, there will be many of us cheering him on including me.

I just took delivery of the cue and the work John did was perfect. The refinish is flawless as is the new seamless black elephant ear wrap, which is a little bumpy, just the way I like it. The third shaft was made to the exact specifications that I ordered. John made a joint protector for the 3rd shaft, and it is a dead match to the two he made 14 years ago, way back in 2001 when this cue was made for Gary Nolan (Bushwhacker). John also refinished the original joint protectors to like new condition. I purchased a 1x2 black gator Ron Thomas case from John, and he made me an old style ivory disc for the top of the case that says: "Showman Cues." The reason that I had John do the work to this cue is because it is the best ivory jointed cue that I have ever played and wanted the work done by the original maker. Like Tate, I truly hope that John gets his life and career back on track because his cues play great and are gorgeous. Suffice to say, I'm completely satisfied with the finished product, it's just too bad that it took almost an extra year to get my cue back.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I just took delivery of the cue and the work John did was perfect. The refinish is flawless as is the new seamless black elephant ear wrap, which is a little bumpy, just the way I like it. The third shaft was made to the exact specifications that I ordered. John made a joint protector for the 3rd shaft, and it is a dead match to the two he made 14 years ago, way back in 2001 when this cue was made for Gary Nolan (Bushwhacker). John also refinished the original joint protectors to like new condition. I purchased a 1x2 black gator Ron Thomas case from John, and he made me an old style ivory disc for the top of the case that says: "Showman Cues." The reason that I had John do the work to this cue is because it is the best ivory jointed cue that I have ever played and wanted the work done by the original maker. Like Tate, I truly hope that John gets his life and career back on track because his cues play great and are gorgeous. Suffice to say, I'm completely satisfied with the finished product, it's just too bad that it took almost an extra year to get my cue back.

Great news, Mike!

best,
brian kc

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I know the feeling of relief you must feel. You did what you had to do. It wasn't pretty but John did come through. All that talent! Hopefully he will get my buddy in Washington squared away too.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So is he a thief and a pathological liar or is he just slower than ****?

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The truth has already been revealed. Showman is a scumbag. Mike is only getting his cue back because of community pressure. Showman should rot in hell for sending the cue back COD. Not sure if I'd want that kind of Karma heading into a "surgery". Maybe the planet will get lucky today:rolleyes:

This is one of the most disgusting posts I have read here.

Just to be clear, you are wishing death upon someone for this foolishness over a pool cue.

You are correct in that the truth has been revealed.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice

Well, just goes to show that posting these kinds of problems on AZB does work, sometimes...........You waited more than 11 months with no results but many lies and excuses; after you posted almost exactly one month ago here, you got your cue back and happy with results..........long live AZB.........

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

So John should not make it out of surgery because he sent the cue COD?

His kids should lose a father because he screwed up a repair deal?

I can't even get my head around some sick shit like that. You seriously have a problem.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Congrats! Follow up pictures please?!!

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats! Follow up pictures please?!!

I will post some photos after I shoot some in natural sunlight. I can only shoot them on the weekend and we are not forecasted to have any sunlight in the Bluegrass this weekend. Hopefully soon. Stay tuned. This is one very special Showman.

So John should not make it out of surgery because he sent the cue COD?

His kids should lose a father because he screwed up a repair deal?

I can't even get my head around some sick shit like that. You seriously have a problem.

John is a liar and a thief. They used to hang horse thieves. Some parts of the world, even today,my he'll take your hand. I have no use for thieves. I have no doubt that if some of the folks he stole from had really pushed it and could prove their cases, he'd be in jail right now.